Two Hundred Years After the Conquest

Post your mod AARs and stories here

Two Hundred Years After the Conquest

PostPosted by Frank315 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 06:50

Prologue: The end of the spring and the bold king.
Hi guys this is my first aar since I just discovered them recently, so far I have read a couple that have inspired me to write one myself, I started at the Aegon's conquest bookmark and from there I ruled as the Targaryen dinasty for two hundred years, my plan was to start the aar at the year 200 AC but decided to wait until my current king died, so this starts in the year 202 Ac, I hope you all enjoy :D .

State of the realm.

The end of the Spring
Aegon the Conqueror united the Seven Kingdoms more than two hundred years ago, yet there are still those who dare to deny Targaryen rule, those who dare to challenge the true kings, those who are not afraid to wake the dragon. Fortunately, King Daemon Targaryen was a good king, a great king, he reduced the conflicts in the kingdom to a bare minimum, negotiated peace with the major lords and gave a period of prosperity to the Iron Throne, a season of peace and happiness to the small folk and lords alike, but now, the King is dead, and long live the King.

The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros

The Riverlands:
The Riverlands have been a center of rebellion in the seven Kingdoms for generations, since the first Gardener Rebellion of 60 AC and as recent as the reign of my uncle, King Baelor the Mad, who defeated three rebellions on his lifetime, yet he is remembered by his mental instability. Now, the Riverlands are ruled by Lord Ronel Tully, whose father usurped it from house Qoherys.

The Vale:
The Vale is the house of schemes in Westeros, through hidden plots, assassinations and lies many houses have risen and fallen as lord paramounts of the Vale, mainly the houses of Arryn, their original rulers, house Royce, house Waxley and the now dead house Stark of the Eyrie my father always said that those Valemen where not to be trusted, he should have listened more to his own advice, currently the Vale is being ruled by Lord Emond Royce.

The North:
The north has a history of loyalty for house Targaryen, ever since the last King of Winter, Torrhen Stark, “The King Who Knelt”, ensured their prosperous and peaceful domain over the immense land of the North by submitting to the dragon lords. The current lord paramount of the North is Lord Kyle Stark, whose father was mine’s best friend, let’s hope he doesn’t deviate from family tradition.

The Reach:
Even though the Reach is the most fertile and, by the accounts of many, the most beautiful land in the Seven Kingdoms, it has also seen the most bloodshed, thanks to the Gardeners, the bloody Gardeners, who have risen in rebellion several times, always crushed by their overlords and deposed of their titles, yet they always find a way to return to power, they took it from House Hightower and later House Tarly, luckily House Florent seems to be stronger. The current lord of the Reach is Lord Fredrec Florent.

The Stormlands:
The Stormlands, although peaceful is another example of how unstable can a title be, after the last member of house Baratheon of Storm’s End died, Aegor I, “the merry”, as they called him, chose the bastard Ser Gawen Storm, who founded house Gawens of Storm’s end, yet after their support of house Gardener on the Second Gardener Rebellion, King Baelor I named house Baratheon of Rainwood the new lord paramounts of the Stormlands, a title that has change hands many times since then, since many support house Gawens, especially since House Baratheon of Rainwood has been praising a red god of some sort. The current lord of the Stormlands is lord Anguy Baratheon.

Dorne:
Done has also been a rebellious cell through its history, joining the Gardeners in all their rebellions, because of it Dorne went from house Martell to house Dayne and now it’s been ruled by house Fowler, let’s hope they don’t follow tradition. The current Prince of Dorne is Prince Ricasso II Fowler.

The Westerlands:
The Westerlands used to be parallel to the North in terms of loyalty, until the Second Gardener Rebellion, a time when no one knew who was friend or foe, and house Lannister betrayed the kingdom, and forfeit their positions, sadly, house Westerling was weak and House Lannister is back in the golden throne, rumors also say that they found a valyrian steel sword , it doesn’t matter, I have five. The current lord of the Westerlands is Lord Tywle Lannister.

The Iron Islands:
The Iron Islands have gone from house to house over the years, after the rule of Bennarion Greyjoy, who they called “Softiron” behind his back, it seemed that not ironborn wanted a Greyjoy as their ruler ever again, yet no house was capable of holding the islands with the same strength as the old Krakens, and now a new man has brought them to their past of reaving and pillaging, the current lord paramount of the Iron Islands is Lord Harrock Greyjoy.

The Iron Throne
The Iron Throne, the most powerful chair in the world, the most dangerous place to sit, is currently being ruled by me, King Aegon II, and I have inherited a monstrous ship where every crewmen hates each other, will they follow the new captain, or will they perish in this sea of fire?, a sea of fire and blood.
Last edited by Frank315 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Frank315

Re: Two Hundred Years After the Conquest

PostPosted by Frank315 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 01:12

Chapter 1: Yet, I cried…
November 21, year 203 After the Conquest
After the funeral I saw it in their eyes, every single lord in the Seven Kingdoms looked at me as if they were telling me “you are not your father” and they aren’t wrong, the small council agrees, they no longer respect the King, they no longer fear the King, and the Targaryen aren’t famous for being likable, the following years will forge my authority, and I am sure that the lords of Westeros will follow their new liege, or burn under dragon fire.
Suddenly Aeryn approached me, “it’s over your majesty, we should go back to the Red Keep, the sun is settling and as the Baratheons say, the night is dark and full of terrors.” Aeryn never believed in any gods, a behavior I always lectured, but since I moved to Dragonstone he had been the friend I always lacked as the prince of the Iron Throne.

The ride back was quiet and slow, I just wanted it to be over, the King shouldn’t be sad, I have the blood of the dragon, I, I, …, let’s just go home. The new Hand was awaiting for me at my arrival, which I found strange, Lord Andren received direct orders to ensure that the treaty with Yunkai would be accepted, my lord, a raven arrived from Dragonstone, the Queen is dead.

I left the funeral early, I promised myself I wouldn’t cry in front of them, I wouldn’t cry in front of anyone. Lord commander Unwin knocked twice, “Your majesty, prince Rhaegar is here”, “let him in”- I said, almost whispering, Rhaegar wrote that he was coming back from Volantis almost a month ago, it seems that his mercenary company was not the success he hoped, Rhaegar never was the greatest of warriors, but now my brother is back, at the moment I need him the most.
He came into the room with his common “I am determined” face, a unusual long sleeve on his left arm and a short one on his right, a dragon tooth tied to his belt and a scar through his face, I noticed immediately that he wasn’t here to mourn, he didn’t even know Rhalla and he never wanted the throne, what are you doing here Rhaegar? “Brother”, he approached with his arms open, “or should I call you your majesty, or my king, or lord protector of the realm?” I hugged him, smiling, yet untrusting “You heard the news?”-I asked, he nodded and erased his smile, “Brother I know how you feel, first father who was so close to you and then Rhalla…” “It was my fault”, he looked at me confused, I allowed him to go to war alone, he dies, I left her alone at Dragonstone she dies, it was all my fault” “Aegon, it wasn’t…” “Yes it was! it was, it was…” I said…, and I cried, and cried and cried.

Two months later, Blackwater Bay,
I almost could hear the bells from Dragonstone the day I announced my return, I should have never gone away, a King shouldn’t have to mourn, a king must remain strong, yet I wasn’t. Luckily, I am aware of the situation of the realm, Rhaegar, as I commanded was acting as both master of laws and commander of the city guard, Lord Andren Bywater ruled in my absence and by his letters Rhaegar was having daily secret meetings with the maester, a topic that I didn’t consider important, yet there were other issues, mainly across the Narrow Sea.
Frank315

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)