Aegon's 7998 decisions

For any general subject related to the mod

Aegon's 7998 decisions

PostPosted by SBerger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 00:41

So given that Monks and Mystics is being released in a matter of days, the mod's also going to get an update to make it compatible with this new version. So while you're at it, I'd like to add a suggestion for the update for Monks and Mystics. It involves Aegon's decisions in the Aegon's Conquest bookmark. We have two options, conquer Essos or conquer Westeros, but what about Aegon's original option? I'm talking about Argilac's marriage proposal between Argella and Aegon in return for land between Storm's End and Harrenhal. My suggestion is to give Aegon this option as well, and if accepted, Aegon marries Argella (possible matrimonial to maintain the Durrandon line), is given the High Lordship of Blackwater Bay swearing fealty to Storm's End, possibly cash to build a fortress along the Blackwater, and maybe being named Lord Paramount of the Blackwater (Since Aegon would have 2 duchies, enabling the form new kingdom decision.).
SBerger

Re: Aegon's 7998 decisions

PostPosted by Mitza8 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:41

Well, first of all, it would make Aegon's Conquest and Aegon in general pointless and, second of all, it would make no sense for Aegon to end his line by marrying matrillinealy. Could be added in the bleeding years, maybe after he wins the war with Volatnis. Book Aegon would never accept such things though
'For the internet is dark and full of spoilers'
Mitza8

PostPosted by SBerger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:53

Do you know what spurned Aegon's conquest? Argilac proposed the marriage and Aegon made a counter proposal for Argella and Orys. Argilac sent the envoy's hands back to Aegon which generally caused Aegon to call his vassals and friends to Dragonstone. Having the decision in the 7996 bookmark makes no sense becuase AI Argilac won't wait the time it takes for Aegon to help or defeat Volantis before marrying his heir.

Also to your point of ending Aegon's line, I never said he would convert to The Seven, so he'll still be married to his sisters.
SBerger

PostPosted by Valor1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 14:25

I mean, I love alternative endings so why not? It would make sense in the canon if he followed that route.
Valor1

PostPosted by knuckey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:13

This is an interesing idea, may look at implementing it sometime in the future.
knuckey
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion