Pulled Submods from the Forum

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Pulled Submods from the Forum

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 00:04

My Mods have recently been subjected to moderation by the AGOT Team so I've pulled all listings from the AGOT forums, I've created an open Steam group here where they'll be available as I post them and you can join and comment.

You can also still find the best ones on ModDb. And as many others have done, you can contact me directly with questions and comments either through PMs or adding me on Steam.
SinStar87

Re: Pulled Submods from the Forum

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 08:58

I will post the same thing here I posted in response to your post on reddit:

I mean kind of an overreaction, one submod got removed from here (the subreddit) as it was reported as being literally nothing to do with AGOT.
None of your other submods were affected at all and it was only here as the subreddit has more moderators than just myself and knuckey who can decide whatever goes on the normal forums without other moderators to take issue with.
This is hardly censorship and more just removing unrelated topics.
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 09:35

It's your forums to control in whatever way you wish, I'm owed nothing in their use. But I made the mod for a reason, I made it compatible with AGOT for a reason, and I posted listings as well for a reason. I don't agree with the decision to pull it because that smells of only allowing content deemed acceptable. For most of my mods, being flush with AGOT is an afterthought in their development. So what's to stop other mods of mine from being pulled with enough complaints of "Off Topic". Better to pull them from someone else's forum to my own than deal with the stress and worry.
SinStar87

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10

Of course we only allow content deemed acceptable, the subreddit is dedicated to the mod. If someone where to post a thread about Elder Kings or a link about the GoT tv show they would both be removed as not being specifically about this mod.

This seems more a knee jerk reaction out of frustration as opposed to genuine concern or anything like that. I even said when you messaged me exactly why it was removed and that none of your other mods were going to be effected as they are totally relevant to the main mod and you just decided to act passive aggressive in the messages and then overreact and remove all your mods.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:29

Not knee jerk at all, I began considering it months ago when I learned from ModDb that they would pull my mods if other parties made a fuss about them. I came to the decision that in the event they did, I'd pull my mods from their servers and put them somewhere else, as I did here.

Interesting about the TV show exclusion because I made a mod listing about exactly that and it wasn't pulled from there. And that was after I learned about someone else working on one from there, which too was not pulled. Pulling my mod listing was either targeted or arbitrary, either way I feel justified in my concern with the choice.

As an aside to the private messages, sorry it came off as passive aggressive, my intentions were concern that my mods were now subject to arbitrary removal and levity to show that I'm not angry about it. As I now had no faith in backing from the mod team if enough people complained about my mods.
SinStar87

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:46

The only reason I even saw your mod was as other people reported it, it was because it was brought right to my attention. If you have any other submods that you linked to on the subreddit that broke the rule of not being relevant and they got by that is luck as opposed to me only singling out this one for my clear evil agenda.

Regardless, I can see you won't change your mind so this conversation is going to go nowhere. Post the submods here, don't post the submods here, either way it makes no real difference but if you choose one or the other then just remove your threads and do as you please. Nobody is forcing you to do anything here, this is all on you.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by zerofighterr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 14:25

As a moderator for the subreddit.

This is seriously the first rule:

- Keep things relevant to the the Crusader Kings 2 Game of Thrones mod
zerofighterr

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 22:45

As a user on the subreddit, what's considered relevant? Submods for the AGOT mod aren't relevant enough?
SinStar87

PostPosted by zerofighterr » Tue Mar 07, 2017 00:30

SinStar87 wrote:As a user on the subreddit, what's considered relevant? Submods for the AGOT mod aren't relevant enough?

it was not a mod for AGOT, The entire description is how you are upset about something that happened.
zerofighterr

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 00:37

Um, no, the majority of the description is what the mod does, most of the rest is how to add a dependency, only about a quarter of it is why I made the mod. I can give you word counts to prove it if you like.
SinStar87

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:02

I think everyone's point has been made, locking this for now.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 20:17

Just so it is said somewhere, myself and knuckey agreed that instead of cluttering up the forums with posts just uselessly saying "Deleted", all those threads edited out by SinStar have either been locked or if they only had a couple of posts just deleted.

As per the previous posts, if anyone wants to discuss anything about this then just send me a PM.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Return to Sub-Mods