Mac - shuts down on load screen

Report any problems with the mod here

Mac - shuts down on load screen

PostPosted by Wolfish_Grin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 03:58

I recently decided to update my version of the mod to 1.3.2 (was using 1.3 or 1.2 before) and buy Reaper's Due but every time I try to run it the game crashes on the load screen. I get the Game of Thrones logo and then it loads about a third of the way with the Reaper's Due advertisement load screen then it crashes.

Game runs fine in vanilla if run without mod check marked.

The weird thing is if I select a different beta in properities (ex: 2.5.2) it runs fine. It doesn't have any of the updates from Reaper's Due though.

(First post, sorry if things aren't formatted properly)
Wolfish_Grin

Re: Mac - shuts down on load screen

PostPosted by knuckey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:11

I'd try a reinstall. Else see this thread: topic4562.html
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Wolfish_Grin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 20:20

knuckey wrote:I'd try a reinstall. Else see this thread: https://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic4562.html

Did a reinstall of both the game and the mod. Went through the thread and did several things it recommended.

Double checked to make sure the checksum is correct. Tried playing it with no DLC, the 5 main DLCs activated, and all DLCs I own checked.

DLCs are:
Customization Pack
Legacy of Rome
Rajas of India
Ruler Designer
Ruler Designer
Sons of Abraham
South Indian Portraits 5 Year Anniversary
The Old Gods
The Reaper's Due
The Republic
The Sword of Islam

Game seems to crash every time when it says "loading databases."

Note: Should I move any more questions on this post to the thread you directed me too?

Also thanks for the response!
Wolfish_Grin

PostPosted by Wolfish_Grin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 01:15

I got the mod to work now. To make a long, confusing, and embarrassingly stupid story short I'd deleted only half the files I was supposed to. I ended up skipping the step where I needed to remove the older files from the Game of Thrones folder.

In case someone else has this issue my advice is to go to find and search "Game of Thrones" in all files. I found the older files there and after deleting them I was able to run things smoothly.

I'm guessing (with my poor understanding of files and computers in general) not deleting all the files led to the game trying to read two different versions at the same time.

Things are working fine now so I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks lost in this absolutely amazing mod. Seriously, bought CK2 solely for this mod and its been one of the best buying decisions I've made. Hats off to the mod developers!
Wolfish_Grin

Return to Bug Reports