Making AGOT work after Monks and Mystics

For any general subject related to the mod

Making AGOT work after Monks and Mystics

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 17:50

As Monks and Mystics just came out your games will have auto-updated to patch 2.7 obviously this is a problem as the current version of the mod was made for 2.6.3

To solve this you will need to backdate your CK2 to do so follow these simple steps:
  • Go into Steam
  • Right click Crusader Kings 2
  • Click properties then betas
  • From the drop down menu select 2.6.3
  • Wait for your game to update
  • You can now play again
Yes an update will come out, no I don't know when and yes making posts about it will get a sarcastic reply from me :D
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Re: Making AGOT work after Monks and Mystics

PostPosted by TheAveon12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 21:11

Lol.
TheAveon12

PostPosted by armychowmein » Tue Mar 07, 2017 22:16

Is there a sub forum for members to make suggestions for the new DLC?
armychowmein

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 22:18

SinStar87

PostPosted by armychowmein » Tue Mar 07, 2017 22:20

Thanks Sin!
armychowmein

PostPosted by mati_motorloco » Wed Mar 08, 2017 00:37

Lol thanks for the heads up, will be waiting for the 2.7 version!

PS: any ETA you can give us? :lol:
mati_motorloco

PostPosted by EDAP » Wed Mar 08, 2017 02:47

mati_motorloco wrote:Lol thanks for the heads up, will be waiting for the 2.7 version!

When its ready.
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 08:44

mati_motorloco wrote:Lol thanks for the heads up, will be waiting for the 2.7 version!

Delayed by a day.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by AzazelSlayer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 03:07

All I can say that my body is ready for when the update comes out.
AzazelSlayer

PostPosted by Mickeyymouse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00

I realise this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not very technically savvy, so I want to make sure I'm correct.

I bought and downloaded CK2 in the recent Steam sale, and so I believe 2.7 is what I started with. Is it not possible to go back and download 2.6.3? (I did check the beta thing, and there's nothing for me to click on, which is what leads me to believe this.)
Mickeyymouse

PostPosted by ahk528 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 16:25

Mickeyymouse wrote:I realise this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not very technically savvy, so I want to make sure I'm correct.

I bought and downloaded CK2 in the recent Steam sale, and so I believe 2.7 is what I started with. Is it not possible to go back and download 2.6.3? (I did check the beta thing, and there's nothing for me to click on, which is what leads me to believe this.)

Yes its possible.Right click on the game title, than click properties, than click betas, than click 2.6.3. Although you may be better off waiting cause I don't mean to jinx it but I would assume an update will come within another week or so because it takes between a week to 2 weeks or longer for them to update the mod.
ahk528

PostPosted by Mickeyymouse » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:01

ahk528 wrote:
Mickeyymouse wrote:I realise this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not very technically savvy, so I want to make sure I'm correct.

Yes its possible.Right click on the game title, than click properties, than click betas, than click 2.6.3. Although you may be better off waiting cause I don't mean to jinx it but I would assume an update will come within another week or so because it takes between a week to 2 weeks or longer for them to update the mod.

Alright, I'll wait then. I wasn't sure what the usual updates time was, but that's very quick.

Also, sorry, I didn't describe it very well, but that's exactly what I did. Except that there was nothing in my drop down menu of beta's. Just an unclickable toolbar and a place to input beta code/password :)
Mickeyymouse

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33

Are you gonna try to make multiplayer actually work now or just keep adding stuff in that people who play multiplayer cant use because the only stable multiplayer version is from over 3 years ago?
CyberFerret

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03

CyberFerret wrote:Are you gonna try to make multiplayer actually work now or just keep adding stuff in that people who play multiplayer cant use because the only stable multiplayer version is from over 3 years ago?

Are you gonna try and keep your single question to the one post you made or ask it in 3 different places?

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by chlpatykokotko » Mon Mar 27, 2017 17:55

Is there any rough estimate on release? I mean I don't have the steam version so I'm not sure how to downgrade to play this mod and I sure am interested in trying it!
chlpatykokotko

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 16:02

chlpatykokotko wrote:Is there any rough estimate on release? I mean I don't have the steam version so I'm not sure how to downgrade to play this mod and I sure am interested in trying it!

Once Paradox releases patches to fix some broken things on their end.

As for downgrading, well considering steam is the only way to legally own the game you have really outed yourself to get a ban there...

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Jacki chan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 03:44

blackninja9939 wrote:
chlpatykokotko wrote:Is there any rough estimate on release? I mean I don't have the steam version so I'm not sure how to downgrade to play this mod and I sure am interested in trying it!

What if Paradox doesnt release patches to "fix things on their end"? Will you not update agot to monks and mystics? I understand that it takes alot of time to adapt a magnificent mod such as agot to a massive amount of new content that has been just released, but saying that you refuse to work on the mod just because paradox did not provide you with the fixes you need is just lazy compared to other modders out there dealing with rather more complex games, modding became a "thing" because modders were known to work around loop holes or flaws created by the main developers to produce a far more well balanced modified experience compared to vanilla.

As for downgrading, well considering steam is the only way to legally own the game you have really outed yourself to get a ban there...
Jacki chan

PostPosted by agub00 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 07:07

blackninja9939 wrote:

LOL

agub00

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 08:05

Jacki chan wrote:
blackninja9939 wrote:

What if Paradox doesnt release patches to "fix things on their end"? Will you not update agot to monks and mystics? I understand that it takes alot of time to adapt a magnificent mod such as agot to a massive amount of new content that has been just released, but saying that you refuse to work on the mod just because paradox did not provide you with the fixes you need is just lazy compared to other modders out there dealing with rather more complex games, modding became a "thing" because modders were known to work around loop holes or flaws created by the main developers to produce a far more well balanced modified experience compared to vanilla.

Your poor use of the quote system aside, we have been working on an update. We just did not release it until all of it worked as otherwise some systems would be broken.
It is impossible to work around broken scopes and effects as surprise surprise there are not duplicates of effects to use to work around variables being broken in some cases etc.
So thanks for the solid snark! :D

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Jacki chan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 19:23

But you have not answered my question yet. What if Paradox does not release a patch that fixes whatever feature or function that you're facing problems with? Would you continue developing the update that is compatible with monks and mystics?
and lol i created this account exactly 24hrs ago, and its my first time using this kind of quoting system.
Jacki chan

Next

Return to General Discussion