Monks and Mystics list of suggestions

Post your ideas on how the mod can be improved or features you would like to see.

Monks and Mystics list of suggestions

PostPosted by stevanix » Thu Mar 09, 2017 21:03

Here I will post my ideas for what we could get into new version of ck2 got mod with the new dlc monks and mystics.

First, this new inventory system will be great for weapons, shields and all other artifacts and this will be "simple" thing to bring to this mod because it's already in the game and now we just have a feature made for it by paradox so we dont have to use traits anymore.

Factions and orders :

In Westeros we for sure need Faith Militant as a faction as well ( i know that its in the game). They would be a faction that is hunting heretics and making sure that Faith of the Seven is forever dominant. They would be in game even if they are at that stage not reinstated as military order. The whole idea is to have a faction that is fighting for Faith of the Seven like we have it in vanila for Catholics.

Citadel (Hermetic) - This faction will work pretty much the same as Hermetics in main game focused on gathering knowledge.

For a secret society in Westeros we could have "The old gods" and we know all the stories about Weirwood and secret plan of children of the forest...

Essos would have faction for major religions and maybe something else special.

Faceless Men - To work best this would need to be global and not just for people who play in Bravos since faceless men operate all around the world. I think this is a faction that everyone wants to see.

This are some ideas on top of my head that i got while playing main game. In main game factions lack depth but i have no doubt that our ck2 got team will make it much better for mod use because that is what they did with everything so far.

<3
stevanix

Re: Monks and Mystics list of suggestions

PostPosted by AugustOfHouseWard » Sun Mar 19, 2017 23:02

I had the same thought for the Citadel being the equivalent of the Hermetic order. What's even better is that we have multiple instances within both the show and books that has characters who are nobility being members. Aemon Targaryen became a maester and Oberyn Martel was a member for awhile.

Citadel/Hermetic Order

I could see the brewing potion ability instead as brew milk of the poppy or maybe even adding a poison creation mechanic as many of the maesters have both potions and poisons in their stores. And for the magnum opus decision when you choose what to write, then narrow your choice, offer:
  • Westerosi Gods - (Faith of the Seven or The Old Gods)
  • Lord of Light - (R'hllor or The Great Other)
  • Alchemy - (Potions or Poisons)
  • Cartography - (Astral or Terrestrial)

The Faceless Men/Hashshashin

They could follow the Faceless Man mechanic in the same way the Assassins are with the Shia branch of Islam. To become a Faceless Man, you'd need to convert to(or already) follow the God of Death.

The Faith Militant/Catholic Order

I may be wrong in this, but I believe there was a theory that the High Sparrow in the books was actually a noble. If this is true, then perhaps when you join this order you could eventually become the High Sparrow and gain the ability to wage holy war on members of the Faith of the Seven who have a certain amount of vices compared to virtues.
AugustOfHouseWard

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 00:15

Technically, the Maesters, Sparrows and Faceless Men are strictly all courtiers with no land to their name.
tirion1987

PostPosted by kaxa80 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 07:43

tirion1987 wrote:Technically, the Maesters, Sparrows and Faceless Men are strictly all courtiers with no land to their name.

Yes but the same could be said about the monastic hermit orders. What matters is that the player doesn't interact with these sort of factions as a typical member, but as a layman of sorts, who isn't restricted by the oath of celibacy or other things of similar nature. Like for instance, in regards to maesters, we have Oberyn Martell who studied some time in the citadel but despite that never became a maester proper.Also in the ASOIAF books somewhere it is mentioned that many members of house Hightower had a trend to spend a couple of years studying in the citadel and that never disqualified them from succession or anything.
kaxa80

PostPosted by Kripox » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:13

Sure, but I have never seen any reference to a lord studying with the maesters, and in the mod you are always playing as a lord. The way I understand these things is that Oberyn attended the Citadel to study towards becoming a maester, he just found the thing boring and quit. Essentially dropped put before his graduation. However, before that point graduation was the goal. The only people who are supposed to go to the citadel are those who are supposed to become maesters.

I dont remeber any reference to Hightowers studying there, but I wuld imagine that in their case it is a special relationship between House Hightower and the citadel to allow the House's young sons to study for a time as compensarion for the fact that Hightower is the primary defender and benefactor of the Citadel and has been so since the insitution's foundikg, more or less.
Kripox

PostPosted by kaxa80 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52

Kripox wrote:Sure, but I have never seen any reference to a lord studying with the maesters, and in the mod you are always playing as a lord. The way I understand these things is that Oberyn attended the Citadel to study towards becoming a maester, he just found the thing boring and quit. Essentially dropped put before his graduation. However, before that point graduation was the goal. The only people who are supposed to go to the citadel are those who are supposed to become maesters.

I dont remeber any reference to Hightowers studying there, but I wuld imagine that in their case it is a special relationship between House Hightower and the citadel to allow the House's young sons to study for a time as compensarion for the fact that Hightower is the primary defender and benefactor of the Citadel and has been so since the insitution's foundikg, more or less.

The point is that the citadel allowed certain highborn individuals to share in on their knowledge without actually having to join the organization as regular members.So whether Oberyn wanted to become a maester or not isn't of the consequence, what matters is that when he had studied for some time there and then decided to leave, there were no repercussions for doing so whatsoever, as in it was alright/acceptable to gain knowledge without joining the order.Same goes for the hightowers, also regarding them, your assumption that they were allowed to study there only based on their special relationship with the citadel would only be valid if we ignored Oberyn's case, whose family had no connection with the citadel to speak of.
kaxa80

PostPosted by Kripox » Mon Mar 20, 2017 16:53

There is a very important difference between Oberyn and any chatacter you play in this mod, and that is that you will always play as a lord, and Oberyn is not a lord. Oberyn was a member of House Martell but he was unlanded, and maesters are prohibited from holding land. For Oberyn it would be possible to join the Citadel as a student but drop out before he finished his maesters chain and became a full fledged maester, a lord would have to abdicate in order to go to the Citadel, so it doesn't really fit well. At least i dont see any sort of lore justification for this.
Kripox

PostPosted by ptlans » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10

tirion1987 wrote:Technically, the Maesters, Sparrows and Faceless Men are strictly all courtiers with no land to their name.

Faceless men give up their past life

Sparrows give up all worldly possessions

Maesters are essentially monks dedicated to academia instead of religion.

None of these make sense as a society that a lord would join.
ptlans

PostPosted by Gwayne » Tue Mar 21, 2017 15:38

I agree with the ones saying that societies for the Citadel and the Faceless Men make no sense (at least for landed characters). However, I do think the Faith Militant could be implemented - not as the Sparrows and nor the Poor Fellows, but as the Warrior's Sons, the Faith Militant's noble class. Landed characters would never be able to rise to command the order, but it would add some much needed fluff to the Seven.
Gwayne

PostPosted by stevanix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 16:05

ptlans wrote:

Then same goes for vanila assassins and yet u can join them even as a king.
stevanix

PostPosted by stevanix » Wed Mar 22, 2017 16:05

ptlans wrote:

Then same goes for vanila assassins and yet u can join them even as a king. This is a game after all
stevanix

Return to Suggestions