Valyrian portraits

For any general subject related to the mod

Valyrian portraits

PostPosted by Valor1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 19:37

Have you considered to add to the Valyrians one of the two new portraits? I mean they look pretty realistic and since the Valyrians are considered really pretty it would fit them well.
Valor1

Re: Valyrian portraits

PostPosted by DorlasAnther » Sun Mar 12, 2017 15:28

IMO, everyone in Westeros should just get these new portraits, they look great and were made for Europeans (a.k.a. Westerosi), so they even have appropriate looks.
To be honest, I have no idea why Paradox did not replace their old portraits with these completely.
DorlasAnther

PostPosted by Valor1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 16:08

DorlasAnther wrote:IMO, everyone in Westeros should just get these new portraits, they look great and were made for Europeans (a.k.a. Westerosi), so they even have appropriate looks.
To be honest, I have no idea why Paradox did not replace their old portraits with these completely.

Probably because they plan to add more portraits for various cultures,and don't want to mash them all together like the current western portraits.
Valor1

PostPosted by zerofighterr » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05

I messed around with it myself a bit. They really fit westerosi
zerofighterr

PostPosted by livelikeme14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 14:40

zerofighterr wrote:I messed around with it myself a bit. They really fit westerosi

But the fat people are soooooo uglyyyyyyyyyyy T_T
livelikeme14

PostPosted by Enriador » Mon Mar 13, 2017 15:19

It's a nice idea!!! The English Portraits would be cool for everybody bar the Dornish. The German Portraits could be applied to the North!
Enriador

PostPosted by GnomeSly » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:16

Enriador wrote:It's a nice idea!!! The English Portraits would be cool for everybody bar the Dornish. The German Portraits could be applied to the North!

The German portraits look pretty tanned compared to the English portraits so I think it would fit better the other way around.
GnomeSly

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46

Ugh please god no. I hate these new portraits.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by kopite » Wed Mar 29, 2017 14:37

DorlasAnther wrote:IMO, everyone in Westeros should just get these new portraits, they look great and were made for Europeans (a.k.a. Westerosi), so they even have appropriate looks.

westeros not including dorne is britain not mainland europe that would be the free cities(geneo venus etc)
sumer isles are africa and the further east you go in essos can cross you into the asia middle eastern parts like by turkey
i know it seems like nothing important but people didnt fight 2 was and thousands of my ancestors didnt die in gas chambers just do be considered the same as a german anyway
kopite

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 16:07

kopite wrote:

westeros not including dorne is britain not mainland europe that would be the free cities(geneo venus etc)
sumer isles are africa and the further east you go in essos can cross you into the asia middle eastern parts like by turkey
i know it seems like nothing important but people didnt fight 2 was and thousands of my ancestors didnt die in gas chambers just do be considered the same as a german anyway

Your assumption on what is what from asoiaf to the world is pretty spot on in my view, although Essos is less European in general culture wise compared to geographically.
I am assuming you are Polish then but you do realise that both the Poles and Germans are European right ;)
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by kopite » Thu Mar 30, 2017 01:35

blackninja9939 wrote:
kopite wrote:

Your assumption on what is what from asoiaf to the world is pretty spot on in my view, although Essos is less European in general culture wise compared to geographically.
I am assuming you are Polish then but you do realise that both the Poles and Germans are European right ;)

i do haha
honestly i never met any of my family who would have been in one but all i know is at some point we came to britain its the entire idea of it and a dose of the elitist we are british we won the war mentalilty from birth, still annoys me (the whole european aspect in and of itself)
also i imagine braavos and central essos so where the original andals came from the royne and that to be more whar we consider european with the southern cities like lys to be muslim invading spain cultural mix with the valyrians the romans
kopite

Return to General Discussion