Littlefingers dagger

For any general subject related to the mod

Littlefingers dagger

PostPosted by Valor1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:00

Doesn't he own a Valyrian steel dagger?Will you perhaps add it in the upcoming update?
Valor1

Re: Littlefingers dagger

PostPosted by ahk528 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:07

Valor1 wrote:Doesn't he own a Valyrian steel dagger?Will you perhaps add it in the upcoming update?

Dude he doesn't I believe you got confused in game of thrones books/ show (believe it happened in the show) catelyn asks Little Finger about the dagger that the assassin tried to use to kill Bran, he lies and says it is his and he lost it in a wager to tyrion lannister, in truth he lost the dagger in a wagger to Robert Baratheon. Thats the last I have heard of him owning a Valyrian steel dagger. Silly mistake.
ahk528

PostPosted by Valor1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:08

Valor1

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:21

Yeah Valor is correct. Littlefinger regained possession of the dagger and still has ownership of it. I wouldn't call it "Littlefingers Dagger" though (The artifact that is) but something like Valyrian Dagger?
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Valor1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:31

LancelotLoire wrote:Yeah Valor is correct. Littlefinger regained possession of the dagger and still has ownership of it. I wouldn't call it "Littlefingers Dagger" though (The artifact that is) but something like Valyrian Dagger?

If im not mistaken he calls it cats paw or something like that,but yes Valyrian dagger would fit well.
Valor1

PostPosted by ahk528 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 22:34

Valor1 wrote:
LancelotLoire wrote:Yeah Valor is correct. Littlefinger regained possession of the dagger and still has ownership of it. I wouldn't call it "Littlefingers Dagger" though (The artifact that is) but something like Valyrian Dagger?

If im not mistaken he calls it cats paw or something like that,but yes Valyrian dagger would fit well.

I wasn't sure cause if right here it doesn't mention him regaining the dagger after Ned Stark is imprisoned.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Petyr_Baelish and Yes he does call it Catspaw.

SO yeah, the wiki is contradictory is basically what I'm saying. I've read all the books 100 times give or take and no where is the dagger mentioned again. So I believe you are right Baelish does get the dagger back (even though his bio wiki says otherwise) however, it irrelevant and has no point in the game cause it disappears from the show as well as the novels. Additionally if its so important to you why don't you do it yourself and than send it to the moderators or something. I mean no offense at all. Sorry if i'm kind of being mean or anything all accidental.
ahk528

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Mar 21, 2017 00:35

ahk528 wrote:SO yeah, the wiki is contradictory is basically what I'm saying. I've read all the books 100 times give or take and no where is the dagger mentioned again.

ACOK Tyrion IV.

Also, the dagger isn't called Catspaw, it's wielded by a catspaw, as in http://www.dictionary.com/browse/catspaw.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't say the wiki is contradictory. It's not like his personal page explicitly says that he doesn't get it back (which certainly would be contradictory), it merely fails to mention that he does. Relatively minor details like that are left out of more general wiki pages all the time, and rightly so, as including them all would multiply the wiki's size many times over for dubious benefit.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by ahk528 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 01:10

TRUE TRUE. but as i said before it doesnt matter. It is irrelevant and has no point in the game cause it disappears from the show as well as the novels. Also peter baelish isnt a fighter he is more a spymaster/ master of coin (cause he is sneaky, and lies and uses people). So whats the point in him having it? Additionally if its so important to you why don't you do it yourself and than send it to the moderators or something. I mean no offense at all. Sorry if i'm kind of being mean or anything all accidental.
ahk528

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Mar 21, 2017 01:20

ahk528 wrote:TRUE TRUE. but as i said before it doesnt matter. It is irrelevant and has no point in the game cause it disappears from the show as well as the novels. Also peter baelish isnt a fighter he is more a spymaster/ master of coin (cause he is sneaky, and lies and uses people). So whats the point in him having it? Additionally if its so important to you why don't you do it yourself and than send it to the moderators or something. I mean no offense at all. Sorry if i'm kind of being mean or anything all accidental.

This isn't my thread and I'm personally ambivalent as to the whole thing, but 'it disappears from the novels' is false as a point of fact. It appears in the ACOK chapter I mentioned, and although it isn't made explicit I'm fairly confident that the dagger he uses in ASOS Sansa VI is meant to be the same dagger too.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by ahk528 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 01:59

It doesnt matter. The point is in the game it would really serve no purpose as I said. Ai Peter Baelish would get his ass kicked either way in a duel. Thats the overall point I'm trying to make bro.
ahk528

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Mar 21, 2017 02:37

ahk528 wrote:It doesnt matter. The point is in the game it would really serve no purpose as I said. Ai Peter Baelish would get his ass kicked either way in a duel. Thats the overall point I'm trying to make bro.

Eh, if it were added to the game I don't think it should affect duel skill anyway (it might be valyrian steel, but it's still just a dagger; in a duel you want a sword or some other weapon with greater reach). Maybe just a prestige boost.
I don't agree with your argument, though. Who holds a given item should have no bearing on whether it's considered worth adding (so long as the character does exist in game, anyway), only the significance of the item itself and its fit with the game mechanics. This is doubly true for inheritable items.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by ahk528 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 02:55

Furthermore this is such a stupid arguement and thread. Asking for one little thing. If he wants it in the game he could just add him self. It isn't that hard. I'm sure Valor1 is smart capable he or she and can figure it out on his own. The creators of the mod have so much other work to do.
ahk528

PostPosted by ross_from_friends » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08

Its just a dagger afterall,iirc the book mentions King (Robert, but presumably leftovers from targs) having bunch of valyrian daggers that were "like toys" to Robert and gave em away to Joffrey and other people, so I dont think anybody considered em anything special.
ross_from_friends

PostPosted by Valor1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 14:00

Calm yourself down I just made a little suggestion for a little lore item for the treasury ;)
Valor1

PostPosted by hjkh123 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 21:57

a dagger is hardly worth the martial/duel boost
hjkh123

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 22:11

Adding the dagger is a good idea, we will certainly add it eventually, though perhaps not in time for the next update.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue Mar 21, 2017 22:15

Forget a martial/duel boost, make it an intrigue boost. I'd also say the artifacts page could be used for any other random kind of valyrian item (Not a sword or whatever). But even some Valyrian steel cufflinks or something.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Enriador » Wed Mar 22, 2017 00:05

As said above, I suggest the dagger give a bonus to Intrigue, and maybe some prestige.
Enriador

Return to General Discussion