[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.4

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.4

PostPosted by Mistefar » Sun Apr 02, 2017 05:25

Kripox wrote:Fuck yes I've been waiting a long time for this one.

Just 2 observations so far:

1.) In the Aegon's Conquest bookmark it seems to me like Visenya has the Valyrian Steel modifier but I cant see the Dark Sister trait anywhere. Bug?

2.) It seems like Dragon Riders are no longer friends with their dragons. They have the traits but are not friends. Is this an intentional part of the dragon mechanics update or is something funky going on?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the update.

Valyrian swords are now artifacts from the new uptaded, if im not mistaken.
Mistefar

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun Apr 02, 2017 05:51

So before I update my game and then may have to roll it back again, how well does this april-fools-but-not-really release work?
Is there anything I need to avoid besides that new bookmark?
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Tarnish » Sun Apr 02, 2017 06:20

DownTheDrain wrote:So before I update my game and then may have to roll it back again, how well does this april-fools-but-not-really release work?

No, afaik. Though, I hope they add a few new societies before the real real real release. Gardener's society, little more depth to the Alchemist society, maybe a knighthood order, sorta thing?
Tarnish

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun Apr 02, 2017 06:43

Tarnish wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:So before I update my game and then may have to roll it back again, how well does this april-fools-but-not-really release work?

No, afaik. Though, I hope they add a few new societies before the real real real release. Gardener's society, little more depth to the Alchemist society, maybe a knighthood order, sorta thing?

Alright, guess I'll try my luck then.
Truth to be told I'm not that interested in societies. Artifacts, on the other hand, could be a lot of fun. Everyone loves shiny new toys.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:23

LancelotLoire wrote:So what changes are we looking at here exactly? I have a lot of mass effect andromeda to get played!

I still miss the Europe = Essos april fools version :/

I absolutely love Mass Effect Andromeda, too bad I've nearly finished it cause I want more ;)

Maybe one day we shall once again achieve the awesomeness of that April Fools, maybe even next year if I can get my plan to work
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Blackwolfpt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:20

In what consists the new bookmark? Too lazy to try it myself knowing it is a joke.

blackninja9939 wrote:
LancelotLoire wrote:So what changes are we looking at here exactly? I have a lot of mass effect andromeda to get played!

I absolutely love Mass Effect Andromeda, too bad I've nearly finished it cause I want more ;)

Maybe one day we shall once again achieve the awesomeness of that April Fools, maybe even next year if I can get my plan to work

Your face must be tired from playing so much Mass Effect Andromeda.
Blackwolfpt

PostPosted by Tony5ify » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:22

Mistefar wrote:
Kripox wrote:Fuck yes I've been waiting a long time for this one.

Just 2 observations so far:

1.) In the Aegon's Conquest bookmark it seems to me like Visenya has the Valyrian Steel modifier but I cant see the Dark Sister trait anywhere. Bug?

2.) It seems like Dragon Riders are no longer friends with their dragons. They have the traits but are not friends. Is this an intentional part of the dragon mechanics update or is something funky going on?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the update.

Valyrian swords are now artifacts from the new uptaded, if im not mistaken.
I see the valyrian swords like traits, like always
Tony5ify

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43

Blackwolfpt wrote:In what consists the new bookmark? Too lazy to try it myself knowing it is a joke.

blackninja9939 wrote:

Your face must be tired from playing so much Mass Effect Andromeda.

It consists of a very in depth event chain crafted to give an immersive experience of the times during the A Game of Thrones book! What else!
The facial animations are nowhere near as bad as youtube comments make it out to be :lol:

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by stevanix » Sun Apr 02, 2017 14:13

Is there assassins society (faceless man) ?
stevanix

PostPosted by Ice Viper » Sun Apr 02, 2017 16:03

No choice/random chance to save Lady, 7.8/10 :P
Ice Viper

PostPosted by knuckey » Sun Apr 02, 2017 20:36

As some may of guessed the Game of Thrones bookmark is an april fools joke. The rest of the mod should be fully playable however, that is if you are using CK2 2.7.0.2! We shall hopefully be releasing a 1.4.1 update soon.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by NordicPieEater » Sun Apr 02, 2017 22:48

Which culture is equivalent to the Germans, in terms of portrait?
NordicPieEater

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 23:01

None

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun Apr 02, 2017 23:26

blackninja9939 wrote:None

Please tell me the new portraits are somewhere at the very top of the to-do list...
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Mon Apr 03, 2017 00:07

blackninja9939 wrote:It consists of a very in depth event chain crafted to give an immersive experience of the times during the A Game of Thrones book! What else!
The facial animations are nowhere near as bad as youtube comments make it out to be :lol:

While I lack a comment about the actual agot, I'd like to point out that a lot of people seem to either A: Still be upset about ME3's ending or B: Don't realize bioware's sin as a triple A maker is questionable graphics departments. MEA seems to be a fairly standard release for them. Solid game, but the animation and graphics are a bit questionable to say the least. It's no different than the bug and glitch filled mess of a bethesda release or the fact paradox model seems to be a barebones released that gets updated post-release into a complete game. Most companies have predictable faults in their games.

Plus, story>Gameplay>graphics. As long as the graphics dont kill my eyes(and on some older games like aidyn chronicles the first mage) I don't care as long as the first two are good.

And just to prevent full off topic: Yes, the valyrian swords are traits. I believe this had to do with tracking or something that the artefact method couldn't do. Plus, it leaves more room for their modified weapon traits anyways. Dual weilding the bone breaker and blackfyre ftw!
Soulbourne

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Apr 03, 2017 01:20

blackninja9939 wrote:I absolutely love Mass Effect Andromeda, too bad I've nearly finished it cause I want more ;)

I'm on my 2nd run(NG+) through right now. And I have noticed a few things that were probably done wrong...

Spoiler: show
Settlements are kind of bland and just there. It would have been much better to allow for the upgrading of the settlements. Start off with like a very small outpost that you can then spend a currency tied to AVP or something to upgrade them into larger outposts. Landing Pad so that you can land the Tempest/shuttles there. Saloons, shops, research centers that give a boost to research. That kind of stuff would have made this game amazing.

The AVP panel should stack rewards while you're in game. So you don't need to keep coming back to the ship every so often. It hurts players like me who can sit on a single planet for several hours finishing everything I can only to find out that because I didn't visit the ship 30 times I just lost 2900 research points. They don't obviously so people can't abuse it and leave their game running for a week. But still, research is a pain to come by and you need a TON.

Side quests are kind of boring and very repetitive. Go here here and here finding X. Go to the location that X revealed and kill things.

Blackwolfpt wrote:Your face must be tired from playing so much Mass Effect Andromeda.

Why would my face be tired? From facepalming?
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Mon Apr 03, 2017 01:53

Even for a notorious topic-derailer like me all this Mass Effect Andromeda talk in the 1.4 release thread kinda takes the cake...
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 06:08

Finally i've been waiting eagerly to play this but i got a few questions
1.- The whole dragons no longer being friends with their raiders is intencional or a bug
2.- MEA is avaiable on PC or is console only thing
3.- If theres a new update on the version it would be possible to add the seed is strong to the mod? considering the whole dynastic appearence is one of the biggest parts of the books
Podrick pussy killer

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Apr 03, 2017 06:45

1) Dragons not being friends is a Paradox issue. They broke the friend trigger for events and the like which makes it not work.

2) MEA is available for PC/PS4/HeXBox 1.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Mon Apr 03, 2017 06:52

LancelotLoire wrote:1) Dragons not being friends is a Paradox issue. They broke the friend trigger for events and the like which makes it not work.

In my testing it seems to fix itself after a day (e.g. start as Aegon I, no friends, let a day pass, Balerion and Orys are both friends).
Tiranasta

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion