[RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.4

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: [RELEASE] A Game of Thrones v1.4

PostPosted by m3dicated » Mon Apr 17, 2017 17:54

Just wanted to tell the CKAGOT team, that I really love your work, you don't get the feedback that you deserve. For me the CKAGOT is the standard version of Crusader Kings and I played it since Robert's Rebellion was the only available scenario. My favorite starting point is 98, October 10, just when Dany's dragons are born and Robert still lives. I usually play Baelor Hightower, father commits suicide, jumps off the tower or sth, then I get rid of my wife and marry Margaery. My heir will eventually get a claim to the Reach and he will try to marry someone with Targaryen's blood and try to get a white-haired heir. Anyway house Hightower is almost as rich as the Lannisters, so they deserve the glory. I also like to fantasize how the Hightowers are obsessed with the ancient ruins beneath the tower itself. They are made by some ancient civilization who predate Valyria. Naga-people or sth. Maybe like the ones who are in the most Norht-Eastern corner of the map, on those little islands. Corlys Velaryon went there. Velaryons and Greyjoys know about this stuff, I'm sure. The seastone chair is also made of that black oily stone. WHAT IS IT? Leyton is said to study spells with Malora the Mad Maid, during the Ironborn Invasion of the Reach. These spells have something to do with the labyrinths beneath the tower.

Anyway, THANK YOU!
m3dicated

PostPosted by DaenerysTargaryen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44

I played as Daenerys from january 1st, but the story never moves on so she never goes to Qarth? Help
DaenerysTargaryen

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 15:49

m3dicated wrote:Just wanted to tell the CKAGOT team, that I really love your work, you don't get the feedback that you deserve. For me the CKAGOT is the standard version of Crusader Kings and I played it since Robert's Rebellion was the only available scenario. My favorite starting point is 98, October 10, just when Dany's dragons are born and Robert still lives. I usually play Baelor Hightower, father commits suicide, jumps off the tower or sth, then I get rid of my wife and marry Margaery. My heir will eventually get a claim to the Reach and he will try to marry someone with Targaryen's blood and try to get a white-haired heir. Anyway house Hightower is almost as rich as the Lannisters, so they deserve the glory. I also like to fantasize how the Hightowers are obsessed with the ancient ruins beneath the tower itself. They are made by some ancient civilization who predate Valyria. Naga-people or sth. Maybe like the ones who are in the most Norht-Eastern corner of the map, on those little islands. Corlys Velaryon went there. Velaryons and Greyjoys know about this stuff, I'm sure. The seastone chair is also made of that black oily stone. WHAT IS IT? Leyton is said to study spells with Malora the Mad Maid, during the Ironborn Invasion of the Reach. These spells have something to do with the labyrinths beneath the tower.

Anyway, THANK YOU!

*Sees someone actually likes the Hightowers*

Top kek.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by LazyKim » Fri Apr 21, 2017 03:48

Is it just me or do the CoA's for Cadet Dynasties not work? Just tried starting a Darksun dynasty, but the CoA is not correct - it looks randomly generated, like the one lowborn get after you raise their status.

EDIT:

It seems that only the Martell Cadet Branch is not working properly, other big house's branches are changing their CoA's accordingly. Any ideas how i should go about fixing this?
LazyKim

PostPosted by alx1078 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 20:40

Guys a help if you can. I updated the game accidentally to 2.7.1 and now the game crashes when i click start. I tried to see if steam would let me roll back to 2.7.0.2 but no such luck. The newest one it has is 2.6.3. Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

EDIT- It seems that the game by itself is working fine, but when i try to load it with the unlocked ruler designer, it doesn't work. Any ideas
Thnx
alx1078

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Fri Apr 21, 2017 21:11

alx1078 wrote:Guys a help if you can. I updated the game accidentally to 2.7.1 and now the game crashes when i click start. I tried to see if steam would let me roll back to 2.7.0.2 but no such luck. The newest one it has is 2.6.3. Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

EDIT- It seems that the game by itself is working fine, but when i try to load it with the unlocked ruler designer, it doesn't work. Any ideas
Thnx

Since 2.7.0.2 is the current version, you should just select 'NONE - Opt out of all beta programs'.
Tiranasta

PostPosted by JON SNOWSTARK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 23:40

TFW You see Blackninja's AGOT bookmark, after not being an active part of the community for about 2 years.

Did you have to do that Ninja? Huh? Think your Fash or something?
I'm back! Nothing has changed! I'm still an idiot!
JON SNOWSTARK

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 09:20

Don't we all truly aspire to be like Fash?
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sat Apr 22, 2017 09:45

I think fash is responsible for creating me :/
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by JON SNOWSTARK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:59

I think everyone from the community at that period of time has a bit of Fash in them
I'm back! Nothing has changed! I'm still an idiot!
JON SNOWSTARK

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 23:07

... Fash? He's the one who wrote the Valyrian Steel sword quest, right?
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by alx1078 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 14:00

Just to make sure i'm not missing something, as right now the game is unplayable for me with constant ctds, the current version of CK2 is 2.7.1, but here it says that the mod is compatible with 2.7.0.2. So is that the reason for my constant ctds? Does that mean that everybody who is playing the game right now just simply never updated to 2.7.1?
alx1078

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 14:10

The current version of ck2 is not 2.7.1, the current version is 2.7.0.2
2.7.1 is in a public beta, you have to select it to use it. To use the correct 2.7.0.2 version you must opt out of all betas.
If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Rumblebelly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 22:09

I have no option to go back to 2.7.0.2

My CK2 automatically updated to 2.7.1 as an auto-update. I am and have always had the "opt out of all beta" option selected. So not sure how anyone is claiming 2.7.1 is not the official patch right now. I have screenshots but I dunno how to upload them to this website.

Otherwise please explain how I can go back to 2.7.0.2 because its not an option for me under the steam properties page.
Rumblebelly

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:12

That post was made yesterday, I'm guessing the update happened today.
SinStar87

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:34

And that's why you don't let Steam auto-update any game you intent to play with mods... ever...
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Blackwolfpt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:49

DownTheDrain wrote:And that's why you don't let Steam auto-update any game you intent to play with mods... ever...

There is no way to prevent steam from auto updating, unless you don't open the steam application itself.
Blackwolfpt

PostPosted by EDAP » Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:54

Blackwolfpt wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:And that's why you don't let Steam auto-update any game you intent to play with mods... ever...

There is no way to prevent steam from auto updating, unless you don't open the steam application itself.

You can set Steam to not update CKII until you launch the game. Then launch CKII via the executable which goes straight to the launcher. All Paradox games only use Steam as a store + update, you can run the games without the steam client being open and this skips the update. Hell, if you launch via executable I'm pretty sure it won't update even if Steam is open
Here is a link to my personal list of FAQs. Please check there to see if it answers you question. This is still largely up to date, and I will try and remember to update it when I find the time.
EDAP

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Mon Apr 24, 2017 23:57

Blackwolfpt wrote:

What EDAP said.
I suppose it doesn't matter anyway as long as Steam doesn't touch the backup game files.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by zbones » Thu Apr 27, 2017 17:33

So i just downloaded 1.4 and damn near every character in the game is wearing a cultist mask.

Whats going on? How do I fix this?

Edit: after restarting a few times it seemed to resolve itself. weird bug.
zbones

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion