Please include these submods in the main mod

For any general subject related to the mod

Re: Please include these submods in the main mod

PostPosted by Ktulu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 01:30

foxwillow wrote:but this discussion is very silly for a whole side of the discussion to just be conveniently forgetting that catelyn popped out a bunch of red-headed starks.

I disagree. House Tully is also an old house and the most powerful surviving house in the Riverlands, so when Cat Tully married Ned Stark their children could inherit either bloodline trait. Arya favored the Stark look, for example. The fact that the rest of the kids favored the Tully look could be just chance, since there were two "old/strong bloods" in the mix.

Baratheons however, are super dominant and we all know for some years now that all true-born Baratheon kids will always look like Baratheons (Thanks to Ned Stark), so I don't think this dynamic would ruin the game, it would just add something that is written in the books. Especially if it's added as optional, no harm done. On the contrary.
Ktulu

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 02:32

If it can be turned off completely, sure. If it can't, no, just keep it as a submod.
StoneWallace17

PostPosted by Azsouth » Thu Apr 13, 2017 02:38

Seed is Strong has been discussed to death, it's like Negan continuing to bash in Abraham and Glenns heads.

other sub-mods I personally think should be added to the base game are Bloodlines in it's current form as a game rule, Westeros Only as a game rule if it is not already, More Decisions (probably just add it to the base game rather than making a game rule), and Kingsguard Ambition (game rule)

I literally can't remember what it's like to play without more decisions so I no longer know what it actually adds, just that I'v always played with it and just feels right to add to the base mod

Sins stuff: Siege Prisoners (game rule), add his Royal Progress sub-mod and tweak it to add a ton more flavor, Dragon Tamer Laws, Visit Chambers, and Kinslaying is criminal. (last three I feel should be added to the base mod, not as game rules)
Azsouth

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Thu Apr 13, 2017 02:49

Azsouth wrote:I literally can't remember what it's like to play without more decisions so I no longer know what it actually adds, just that I'v always played with it and just feels right to add to the base mod

Haven't tried that one yet, but looking at its feature list it seems that several of those decisions were already included in the main mod. I guess over time more and more will be implemented, possibly with the exception of the assassin's guild stuff.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Lord_Verkos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 05:21

I concur with the Bloodline being added to the main game, I would also request the more bookmarks to be added as well.
Lord_Verkos

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 06:45

Lord_Verkos wrote:I concur with the Bloodline being added to the main game, I would also request the more bookmarks to be added as well.

Thats the problem there aint a lot of bookmarks left to add unless you want a new bookmark each time a new king ascents to the throne
Podrick pussy killer

PostPosted by KappaKid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 07:38

Third Blackfyre rebellion is a pretty obvious bookmark in my mind. Regardless, Bloodlines should be in the base mod, see no reason why it shouldn't. Also I think some (not all) but some of the features from congenital would be cool to implemented, mostly the traits. In fact one area where I feel there is a lot of room for relatively easy additions is traits, something I did recently is add a great number of traits to my game, unfortunately I can't share as the only tough part is the graphics and I had to poach mine from other mods.
KappaKid

PostPosted by Sourjapes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 08:17

I would like to see the hairs from Congenital Overhaul added to the main mod. Without that, and even if you use the DLC Portraits, the hair options are just so limited. Everyone winds up looking the same.

As far as Bloodlines... it is hard to say. The plot of the first book basically hinges on all Baratheons having black hair and blue eyes, and yet right in front of us are Ned's kids who mostly look like Tully's. Granted they all do seem to be wargs but then I do believe the mod already factors this in and gives Starks a slightly higher chance to start that event chain.

I do think it would be interesting if certain dynasties had birth events that gave them a chance, and over time a general trend, of possessing certain traits. I experimented myself with this in the last version and enjoyed the result.
Sourjapes

PostPosted by feliprins » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:33

Congenital Overhaul is a must for me, now i think it would be even better for future dragon traits/icons (nimble using agile or something like that), having it being tweaked so you each level of the trait impacts on varying degrees would be cool too, it would overall just add so much to it and open so many new doors for event-trait interaction
feliprins

PostPosted by NightWatchman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 16:15

Azsouth wrote:Seed is Strong has been discussed to death, it's like Negan continuing to bash in Abraham and Glenns heads.

other sub-mods I personally think should be added to the base game are Bloodlines in it's current form as a game rule, Westeros Only as a game rule if it is not already, More Decisions (probably just add it to the base game rather than making a game rule), and Kingsguard Ambition (game rule)

I literally can't remember what it's like to play without more decisions so I no longer know what it actually adds, just that I'v always played with it and just feels right to add to the base mod

Sins stuff: Siege Prisoners (game rule), add his Royal Progress sub-mod and tweak it to add a ton more flavor, Dragon Tamer Laws, Visit Chambers, and Kinslaying is criminal. (last three I feel should be added to the base mod, not as game rules)

I left for like two days and you crazy kids went completely crazy arguing Seed is Strong. I'm mad I missed it. But, on to the next topic.

I completely agree with Bloodlines, More Decisions, and Kingsguard Ambition. I've played with Bloodlines and More Decisions for so long that I honestly forget sometimes they aren't part of the base mod. And so many features from More Decisions have been spliced into the main mod over the years that at this point it doesn't really make much sense keeping it as a submod in my opinion. More bookmarks is nice to have for sure, but all of those bookmarks are already there, you just have to dig a bit to find the right start date.

I personally love a lot of Sins stuff, but I lean toward leaving most of those as submods. I feel the same way about congenital overhaul. Fantastic stuff, but seems better to be left as a submod to me. The one exception to that with Sins stuff would be Dragon Tamer Laws, I agree about that.

EDIT: what about Unsavory's retinues? I don't know if too many people play with that, and the modders seem to have a reason for having not included retinues in the mod, but I've always felt like Unsavory's retinues models creating a "household guard" (which you can create, but never shows up as troops on the map).
NightWatchman

PostPosted by Ktulu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 16:32

I also agree with Bloodlines, More Decisions, and Kingsguard Ambition. The lowborn kingsguard epidemic must end!
Ktulu

PostPosted by KappaKid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 18:05

After reading what they do the Kingsguard ambition and the dragon rider law both seem to be good additions as well, both small lightweight submods with effects that can only really be seen as positive.
KappaKid

PostPosted by suvantar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 19:06

As far as the seed is strong mod goes, I don't know why it considers House Reyne to be genetically predisposed toward having red hair. I know that most non-canon fan art depicts members of the house this way and that Roger was called the Red Lion, but I honestly can't find anything in any of the novels that provides a physical description of Roger, Ellyn or Reynard. And 'The Red Lion' could just as easily have been derived from their coat of arms than anything else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm used to seeing them with red hair and most of the time, I default to the red hair color when I play games where I create Michael Reyne, but I'm not sure if there is anything Martin has written that would canonize that choice.
suvantar

PostPosted by Lord_Verkos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 22:37

Podrick pussy killer wrote:
Lord_Verkos wrote:I concur with the Bloodline being added to the main game, I would also request the more bookmarks to be added as well.

Thats the problem there aint a lot of bookmarks left to add unless you want a new bookmark each time a new king ascents to the throne

I was referring to the mod more bookmarks. It adds like Aegon after conquest, after his death and others.
Lord_Verkos

PostPosted by Solid Snake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 23:11

There are a lot essential mods for me, but if I would have to choose one to be included to the main mod it, would be Knights of the Sword Tower, because it adds many flavours to the kingsguard, which should be more detailed in mod.
Solid Snake

PostPosted by Podrick pussy killer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 17:48

Lord_Verkos wrote:
Podrick pussy killer wrote:

I was referring to the mod more bookmarks. It adds like Aegon after conquest, after his death and others.

Sorry i misunderstood your message in that case yeah both seem like good ideas
Podrick pussy killer

Previous

Return to General Discussion