Unable to advance in Alchemists Society

Report any problems with the mod here

Unable to advance in Alchemists Society

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Fri Apr 14, 2017 20:13

For some reason, I'm unable to advance above the rank of Patron in the Alchemist's Guild. Here's a picture, sorry about the graininess, my duel monitors aren't the same size so it skews and stretches print screens like crazy.

This option was always grayed out, so it's not like it's not letting me because I've already tried. This is pretty frustrating, since my character is getting older and older and is still stuck at rank one, so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Lord Audiate

Re: Unable to advance in Alchemists Society

PostPosted by knuckey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27

Can you upload a save from this please?
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Tue Apr 18, 2017 23:49

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8amj1oa5w ... _06_19.ck2

I thought it could possibly have something to do with Ruler Designer, but the issue persists on vanilla (basemod) characters as well. I shouldn't be using any submods or changes that I can remember, aside from the CTD hotfix.
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Fri Apr 21, 2017 18:58

Any update? That save is from a different game but the same issue is present. Am I missing something painfully obvious, like ranking up being a DLC-dependent feature? I still haven't bought it, could that be the problem? I'm grasping at straws at this point.
Lord Audiate

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42

I've just loaded the save in our latest version of the mod and it appears to work. So we've either accidentally fixed it or it is a problem on your end I think!
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Lord Audiate » Tue Apr 25, 2017 18:31

Is it possible that running the mod on CK2 version 2.7.1 is the problem? I didn't realize it updated until yesterday, but when I checked yesterday for a 2.7.0 version it wasn't added yet. Now it has been, so I'll see if it works now.

Edit: Just tried again on a new game with 2.7.0, the problem is still there. Mechanics like the Alchemist's Guild providing Wildfire work, though. I'll try again later with a completely fresh install, maybe it didn't install properly the last few times for whatever reason.

Should I use the CTD patch blackninja put out? It does help greatly with the crashes I've had without it, but I didn't really check what changes it makes. Could it effect societies at all? Thanks.
Lord Audiate

Return to Bug Reports