Cannot load saves

Report any problems with the mod here

Cannot load saves

PostPosted by Estrello » Sun Apr 16, 2017 19:33

I get a CTD every once and a while. And when I try to load the most recent saves, I cannot loadthm, CTDing on pressing load. I can open an old one but it makes the same problem, I've tried not compressing them but this still results in CTD on load

And it's a bummer because I was in a really good posistion in my game.

I'm using a few mods, Mainly graphical (HBO portraits and shields) I've got Wolflings and [VS] GOT bloodline traits which I haven't used. I also have the amazing Sinstar Loaner mod which I use a lot. I've had three different games doing this. As the Daxos family, the Tyrells and the Lannisters.
I can't post the link because this is my first post
Estrello

Re: Cannot load saves

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun Apr 16, 2017 19:43

Estrello wrote:I can't post the link because this is my first post

Post an error log maybe?
Although I don't think the devs do bugfixing for saves that use submods.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Estrello » Sun Apr 16, 2017 19:49

DownTheDrain wrote:

Post an error log maybe?

They are small submods, so much so I don't think they're the cause or would change it much.
Where would I find the Error Log
Estrello

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun Apr 16, 2017 19:57

Estrello wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:

Post an error log maybe?

They are small submods, so much so I don't think they're the cause or would change it much.
Where would I find the Error Log

\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs\
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by Estrello » Sun Apr 16, 2017 20:11

Estrello

PostPosted by KappaKid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 00:40

From what I'm seeing here there might be an issue with whatever that graphical mod you're using is. What version of the mod was it made for? Regardless I can't actually test the saves as I don't use those sub mods, but that's just what a glance of the error log is potentially showing me.
KappaKid

PostPosted by Estrello » Mon Apr 17, 2017 08:05

Alright, I found that one of the Coat of Arms mods were outdated. I got rid of that one, couldn't load save.
I got rid of all of my graphical submods, Portraits and Loading screen without the outdated COA.
I could load in, I pressed play. I didn't unpause, however the King had the trait white walker and I had a crow following me. I assumed this was because of my other submod that added wolflings. so I then got rid of all submods except "Loaner" and put one of the saves from the submod in to the general area. I loaded that and it allowed me to, I saw the same trait problems. On trying to remove that by console it couldn't find the trait. I presses play and random counties turned to winter and then flipped back to a normal character, it was happening everywhere.

I saved the logs of those if you want them. I've seen the trait thing before, I believe it is because of removing the mod.
https://www.mediafire.com/?o1gowo37tcrp11i
Estrello

PostPosted by KappaKid » Thu Apr 20, 2017 01:07

Yea... unfortunately you kind of wrecked the save by using outdated submods initially. You're going to have to just start from scratch, because the sub mod will break the save but not having it will break it to because it's already dependent on it.
KappaKid

PostPosted by Estrello » Thu Apr 20, 2017 18:51

Is there any way of putting the same people in the same place with savegame editting? I was father of the King, just waiting to pop my clogs! Also richest man in westeros. A few years in to the game. Plus my son liberated Myr. All hail King Gerold, breaker of chains! (I don't care about traits, just putting me as father of the king with relations in the Arryns and the ruling northerners the Karstarks,)
Estrello

PostPosted by quakekill » Sat Apr 22, 2017 19:59

I'm having the same problem, but without the submods. I typically play until ~8320 and then whenever I go to load a save I get a CTD. Initially it was only my quicksaves that were breaking and I was able to load autosaves, but now both quicksaves and autosaves fail to load.
quakekill

Return to Bug Reports