[1.4] Unplayable - 'A Game of Pirates'

Report any problems with the mod here

[1.4] Unplayable - 'A Game of Pirates'

PostPosted by Bushmonkeyz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:13

(First of all, I wasn't sure where to post this but I know it is a problem with sub-mods, so if it needs to be moved or whatever let me know.)
So I can run the game fine, it's just after playing for repeated versions game play can become repetitive, thus I decided to try some sub-mods. So I first used SinStar's mod collection, although whichever start date I used the game would go for about a month and then a bunch of events with no text would pop up, making the game unplayable.
I then decided to just individually download the mods from the Sub-mods list and obviously chose the 1.4 mods before anyone asks which should be compatible. When I first turned downloaded them all and ran them together the game ran fine, but then when I opened it a second time, all characters were just turned into Pirate king rather than lord paramount, or pirate queen etc and they were not playable so I couldn't find a fix as I couldn't actually start the game, and I'd be hopeless checking the coding. I then turned the mods off and put them back on 1 by 1 to see if it was just 1 mod causing this, but found out that a few mods replicated this exact problem and when I used "Bloodlines v7" and "Wolflings" they both created this exact problem, making all characters into pirates although some of the mods did seem to work fine.
Therefore I would just like to ask if anyone can help if they've had this problem, or if there is an obvious fix as I would like to play using sub-mods, but when I do this problem occurs.
Thanks!
Bushmonkeyz

Re: [1.4] Unplayable - 'A Game of Pirates'

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29

knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Bushmonkeyz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:38

knuckey wrote:http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic9950.html

Yeah I read that and that is why I was unsure where to post this, it says to check if they are compatible - they are
It then says to deactivate and try to replicate - been there done that
Then all it says is if it's present and related to main mod (which I don't think it is since I had it working the first time, and the main mod works by itself) to post there of which the post is locked, and all the sub-mod post was just filled with people submitting their mods so I didn't feel it appropriate to post there.
Bushmonkeyz

PostPosted by knuckey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44

I'm certain the problem you describe is not present in the main mod, so we cant help i'm afraid.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Bushmonkeyz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49

Well thanks for replying, I'll just wait to see if anyone has also came across this problem otherwise I'll have to try solve it myself.
Bushmonkeyz

PostPosted by Solid Snake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 13:52

I had the same problem,just disable the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod and everything should work as intended.
Solid Snake

PostPosted by Bushmonkeyz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 23:16

Solid Snake wrote:I had the same problem,just disable the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod and everything should work as intended.

Yup, that's the problem, no idea why that would cause it but it's working fine now so thanks a lot!
Bushmonkeyz

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 09:45

Bushmonkeyz wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:I had the same problem,just disable the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod and everything should work as intended.

Yup, that's the problem, no idea why that would cause it but it's working fine now so thanks a lot!

Because it is an incompatible submod...?
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Solid Snake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 20:27

Bushmonkeyz wrote:

You're welcome.
Solid Snake

Return to Bug Reports