AGOT Traits Expanded v0.4

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Traits Expanded v0.3

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sun Apr 30, 2017 04:22

updated.

suspected issue was on_startup so, again, removed. also cleaned up code. my friend and i have a long-going save on 2.6.3 so until we decide to move on i won't be testing myself on newer versions

i'm like, certain this should work though, so if people can tell me about crashes or something i'd like to know

also please have a brain and realize this is not compatible with almost any other trait-altering mods :P
foxwillow
Mod Team

Re: AGOT Traits Expanded v0.2

PostPosted by Tanitanino » Sun Apr 30, 2017 13:52

Hence my question:

Tanitanino wrote:Would you be possibly interested in cooperating with LancelotLoire and his Congenital Overhaul to create a big and wonderous mod? 8-)

Nice job - must have taken a while!
Tanitanino

PostPosted by foxwillow » Tue May 02, 2017 00:25

Tanitanino wrote:Hence my question:

Tanitanino wrote:Would you be possibly interested in cooperating with LancelotLoire and his Congenital Overhaul to create a big and wonderous mod? 8-)

Nice job - must have taken a while!

i don't think so. they do very different things. my trait system is slightly simpler than CO, and the whole stuff like "your child's intelligence starts showing through during development" is pretty new so i'm gonna keep it to myself :p
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by Sigerson » Fri May 05, 2017 11:02

foxwillow wrote:updated.

suspected issue was on_startup so, again, removed. also cleaned up code. my friend and i have a long-going save on 2.6.3 so until we decide to move on i won't be testing myself on newer versions

i'm like, certain this should work though, so if people can tell me about crashes or something i'd like to know

also please have a brain and realize this is not compatible with almost any other trait-altering mods :P

Doesn't work, unfortunately. :cry:
"The reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
Jojen Reed
Sigerson

PostPosted by Hexine » Fri May 05, 2017 16:17

Sigerson wrote:
foxwillow wrote:updated.

Doesn't work, unfortunately. :cry:

Same here, sadly. =/
Hexine

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sat May 06, 2017 14:04

Ok, this not working for other people has annoyed me into updating my game.

ran validator. I did find one syntax error where i had an extra "trait = " in

limit = { AND = { real_father_even_if_dead = { trait = real_father_even_if_dead = { trait = powerful }} NOR = { trait = powerful trait = strong trait = weak trait = fragile }}}

... but i don't think that should cause crashes. fixed anyway, testing now. no upload on the fixed version yet until i figure out if there's another issue or not.
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sat May 06, 2017 15:14

ok it's crashing for me and i can find no other issues.

other people? help? lol. :(

did work fine in 2.6.3. crashing on game start.
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sat May 06, 2017 19:55

foxwillow wrote:ok it's crashing for me and i can find no other issues.

I never tried it in 2.6.3 but it's never worked for me in AGOT 1.4. I just shut up about it because that other guy was so enthusiastic about porting it to Congenital Overhaul that I assumed it worked for the majority of players and the issue was on my end somehow.
Unfortunately I can't code to save my life, so there's not a whole lot I can do to contribute.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sat May 06, 2017 20:18

DownTheDrain wrote:
foxwillow wrote:ok it's crashing for me and i can find no other issues.

I never tried it in 2.6.3 but it's never worked for me in AGOT 1.4. I just shut up about it because that other guy was so enthusiastic about porting it to Congenital Overhaul that I assumed it worked for the majority of players and the issue was on my end somehow.
Unfortunately I can't code to save my life, so there's not a whole lot I can do to contribute.

im a designer by trade, so im usually on the computer all day and checking the forums, it's actually the few complaints in here that made me know it was broken! now that i want to play 1.4 i have to fix it :lol:

good news is that i got some help for it and i think i'll get a working v0.4 up in the next day or two
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sat May 06, 2017 20:45

foxwillow wrote:i don't think so. they do very different things. my trait system is slightly simpler than CO, and the whole stuff like "your child's intelligence starts showing through during development" is pretty new so i'm gonna keep it to myself :p

How dare you keep new shiny things all to yourself!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Luckily for you, I'm not so mean enough to keep shiny new things hidden :twisted:

common/traits/00_traits.txt is the culprit file.

VANILLA (This change needs to be done to the submods file)
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
########## ECCLESIASTICAL OUTCOMES
detached_priest = { #17
   attribute = learning
   education = yes
   martial = -2   
   learning = 1

male_insult_adj = INSULT_DRIVELING
   female_insult_adj = INSULT_DRIVELING
   child_insult_adj = INSULT_STUPID
}
martial_cleric = { #18
   attribute = learning
   education = yes
   martial = -2   
   learning = 3
   stewardship = 1
   monthly_character_prestige = 0.2
   global_tax_modifier = 0.05

}
scholarly_theologian = { #19
   attribute = learning
   education = yes
   martial = -2   
   learning = 6
   stewardship = 2
   monthly_character_prestige = 0.5
   global_tax_modifier = 0.1

male_compliment_adj = COMPL_LEARNED
   female_compliment_adj = COMPL_LEARNED
   child_compliment_adj = COMPL_CLEVER
}
mastermind_theologian = { #20
   attribute = learning
   education = yes
   martial = -2   
   learning = 9
   stewardship = 3   
   monthly_character_prestige = 1
   global_tax_modifier = 0.15

male_compliment_adj = COMPL_LEARNED
   female_compliment_adj = COMPL_LEARNED
   child_compliment_adj = COMPL_CLEVER
}

This bit here needs changed.
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
#maester see maester_traits
########## ECCLESIASTICAL OUTCOMES
# detached_priest = { #17
   # priest = yes
   # education = yes

# learning = 1
   # intrigue = -1
# }
# martial_cleric = { #18
   # priest = yes
   # education = yes

# learning = 3
   # intrigue = -1
# }
# scholarly_theologian = { #19
   # priest = yes
   # education = yes

# learning = 6
   # diplomacy = 1
   # stewardship = 1
   # intrigue = -1
# }
# mastermind_theologian = { #20
   # priest = yes
   # education = yes

# learning = 9
   # diplomacy = 2
   # stewardship = 2
   # intrigue = -1
# }

DId that and the game stops crashing on startup for version 1.4 of AGOT on 2.7.0.2, the reason it was crashing is because the game was looking for those education types and not finding them anymore. And it used to be they had been moved into another file.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sat May 06, 2017 21:34

LancelotLoire wrote:Luckily for you, I'm not so mean enough to keep shiny new things hidden :twisted:

common/traits/00_traits.txt is the culprit file.

Nicely done.

Just applied your changes and the game loads up fine. I can start a game, save, resign and reload without issues, so unless it starts crashing somewhere down the line for whatever reason we're golden.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by HarryHungwell » Wed May 10, 2017 01:55

I have applied the fix above but it still crashes when starting a playthrough :(

Edit: I got it.
HarryHungwell

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 05:34

uploading a new version with several fixes soon. should work on 1.4.1 this time :lol:

this will be upcoming, probably. definitely want suggestions and opinions before i get too into it.

The Nine Types of Intelligence.

In an effort to further make characters interesting, I want to include Howard Gardner's 9 types of intelligence into the mod. Just because someone isn't "Clever" or a "Genius" doesn't stop them from having intellectual prowess in certain areas. There's definitely a little overlap with existing traits, but not to a huge extent. I would like to make acquiring these traits happen randomly during puberty, with factors including parents and guardians, as well as the character's own attributes influencing the likelihood of gaining one (or more!) of these intellectual focuses. I'd also like to factor the learning attribute in, making that a slightly more useful trait if it can help "unlock" a character's potential.

**I am not sold on making these blue, or even mirroring the look of the Vices and Virtues, but thought it was a good place to at least start.

Image Spatial Intelligence
Characters with a prowess in Spatial Intelligence are imaginative, visual, and creative. These characters may be artistic, but their understanding of three dimensions and imagery probably make them good at planning -- both architecture and battleplans.
Ideas: Martial boost +2?, Leadership traits, planning, movement speed? Stewardship +1?

Image Naturalist Intelligence
Characters with a prowess in Naturalist Intelligence are a little more "in tune" with the world and the understanding and discrimination among living things.
Ideas: Probably not a super-useful trait, but they don't all have to be. Somehow make them more likely to get animals? Tame dragons? Maaaaybe a +1 to diplo or intrigue.

Image Musical Intelligence
blah blah blah
Ideas: Probably a general likability boost, save for those with envious. +1 Diplomacy.

Image Logical Intelligence
These characters rock that mathematical/logical/rational intelligence. A focus in logic, patterns, and reasoning would make them apt strategists in a number of areas.
Ideas: Definitely a good one. Boosts to Stewardship and Diplomacy. Maybe Intrigue? Opposite traits would be any congenitals with negative intelligences (Slow, Dumb, Imbecile, Foolish, Dull).

Image Existential Intelligence
These characters are the weird, deep, philosophical ones that grapple with reasons for life and all that jazz. Religion-y!
Ideas: Learning boost, Intrigue boost. Same religion opinion boost.

Image Interpersonal Intelligence
Diplomat Diplomat Diplomat. Understanding and interacting effectively with others. "It involves effective verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to note distinctions among others, sensitivity to the moods and temperaments of others, and the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. Teachers, social workers, actors, and politicians all exhibit interpersonal intelligence."
Ideas: Nice juicy +3 Diplomacy. Probably a General Opinion boost.

Image Kinesthetic Intelligence
These characters should have a good understanding of their body and how it relates to the world, also good coordination. "This intelligence also involves a sense of timing and the perfection of skills through mind–body union. Athletes, dancers, surgeons, and crafts people exhibit well-developed bodily kinesthetic intelligence."
Ideas: Maybe a +1 martial. Duel skill boost.

Image Linguistic Intelligence
"Linguistic intelligence is the ability to think in words and to use language to express and appreciate complex meanings. Linguistic intelligence allows us to understand the order and meaning of words and to apply meta-linguistic skills to reflect on our use of language. Linguistic intelligence is the most widely shared human competence and is evident in poets, novelists, journalists, and effective public speakers."
Ideas: Probably nice intrigue/diplomacy boost split. Linguistically-gifted chars should probably be considered persuasive.

Image Intrapersonal Intelligence
These characters are going to understand their own thoughts and feelings very well. "Intra-personal intelligence is the capacity to understand oneself and one’s thoughts and feelings, and to use such knowledge in planning and directioning one’s life. Intra-personal intelligence involves not only an appreciation of the self, but also of the human condition."
Ideas: Probably an intrigue boost and some nice AI_Ambition boost?

--------------------------

Anyway, I'm not overly concerned with these 9 being balanced, it's fine if they aren't, but as a theme, if people wouldn't really be into them I don't wanna bother with em. :p
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Wed May 10, 2017 05:43

I... err... I don't know about these.

It sounds nice on paper, even if they're completely unbalanced, but it'll clutter up the traits bar quite a bit. I like the icons, I like the novel idea, but I fear we'd need separate bars for your expanded traits and the vanilla ones at this point.
DownTheDrain

Re: AGOT Traits Expanded v0.4

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 05:56

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yhnjkaf1w ... panded.zip

finally have this darned thing working.

so far fine on 1.4.1 as i test.
Last edited by foxwillow on Wed May 10, 2017 06:25, edited 1 time in total.
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 06:00

DownTheDrain wrote:I... err... I don't know about these.

It sounds nice on paper, even if they're completely unbalanced, but it'll clutter up the traits bar quite a bit. I like the icons, I like the novel idea, but I fear we'd need separate bars for your expanded traits and the vanilla ones at this point.

i have little concern for people thinking the traits bar may or may not be too cluttered. :p In most cases the entirety of this mod won't be adding more than one trait to characters in general, but even in the few cases where it would, that's not a gigantic concern of mine.

... probably as a result of how my friends and i play, though. ruler designer with 500 traits chosen, etc. :p :lol: 15 or less traits is very easy for me to look at when one of my friend's characters is always 30+ :lol:
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Wed May 10, 2017 06:36

foxwillow wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:I... err... I don't know about these.

i have little concern for people thinking the traits bar may or may not be too cluttered. :p In most cases the entirety of this mod won't be adding more than one trait to characters in general, but even in the few cases where it would, that's not a gigantic concern of mine.

... probably as a result of how my friends and i play, though. ruler designer with 500 traits chosen, etc. :p :lol: 15 or less traits is very easy for me to look at when one of my friend's characters is always 30+ :lol:

Alright, ignore my concerns then.
15 traits is about the maximum I can tolerate and I wouldn't even bother trying to play with 30+, so we obviously have different preferences and I'm the wrong person to test this mod or give any feedback.

So yeah... best of luck and happy modding.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 07:26

:lol:
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed May 10, 2017 09:28

Hmm a suggestion would be to go for a different name "Knowledge" rather than "Intelligence". Anyways I do like the idea of these traits though! And I kinda do like the blue color choice.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 14:00

LancelotLoire wrote:Hmm a suggestion would be to go for a different name "Knowledge" rather than "Intelligence". Anyways I do like the idea of these traits though! And I kinda do like the blue color choice.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

i'm on the fence, but liking this. I havent been happy with the amount of "intelligence" i keep writing, and "knowledge" may make even more sense if i do tie it into the learning attribute

+1 +1 +1
foxwillow
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods