AGOT Traits Expanded v0.4

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: AGOT Traits Expanded v0.4

PostPosted by superninja76 » Wed May 10, 2017 18:52

I like it!
Definitely keep the blue, btw.

Also, how about when someone has the quick trait (your character or your child) it triggers an event that replaces quick with one of these.
superninja76

PostPosted by Azsouth » Wed May 10, 2017 19:19

Since Lance is posting a lot in here, 1st for both of you, will you guys be merging mods? if not, Lance will this mod be made compatible w/ CTO?
Azsouth

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Wed May 10, 2017 22:34

Nope on merging, and no it's not compatible (Only minor changes would need to be done)

And I've only made 2 comments in here lol. I've done that and more comments in other submods before as well.

In all honesty just consider the comments as me endorsing the submod and thinking that it's good, unless I specifically am saying that it's not :p
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 22:35

superninja76 wrote:I like it!
Definitely keep the blue, btw.

Also, how about when someone has the quick trait (your character or your child) it triggers an event that replaces quick with one of these.

quick would be a base/congenital trait, though. assuming i am understanding you right. :)

as lancelot said, especially if i switch my terminology of these to the "9 kinds of knowledge," these 9 traits will be possible additions to a character based on their knowledge (learning) ability and other factors. i don't think quick (or smart, clever, or genius) will need to interact with them in any way.

for example, you can be both "quick" and have a lot of "musical knowledge." or "naturalist knowledge," etc.
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by foxwillow » Wed May 10, 2017 22:42

LancelotLoire wrote:Nope on merging, and no it's not compatible (Only minor changes would need to be done)

And I've only made 2 comments in here lol. I've done that and more comments in other submods before as well.

In all honesty just consider the comments as me endorsing the submod and thinking that it's good, unless I specifically am saying that it's not :p

^^^^^^^^^

CO and TREX both expand the traits in the game, in generally similar ways, though i assign them a little more realistically.

My "as you age" system, and genetics/grandparents, is the only reason I made this mod, because otherwise CO basically has this stuff covered.

CO has swords and events and portraits and stuff, along with traits. I just do traits. If someone really wants to use them together, you'd have to take TREX as it is and remove trait stuff from CO. like 75% of my CK2 gameplay has been with CO on. as i've always felt, the traits were the main point, so to remove them for the additional stuff alone is just kind of weird.

... i hardly know what i'm doing, so i have zero desire to ever add more to TREX than trait stuff. :lol:
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by isa0005 » Thu May 11, 2017 06:39

Now this! This is a BRILLIANT little mod! :D
Thanks so much for working on this!
Also, I quite like the blue on the traits, makes it a little easier to distinguish from other traits.
Check out my little CoA mod, http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic5678.html "Targayen Cadet CoA Remake and More!" Enjoy the Dragons!
isa0005

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon May 15, 2017 08:00

foxwillow wrote:
LancelotLoire wrote:Nope on merging, and no it's not compatible (Only minor changes would need to be done)

^^^^^^^^^

CO and TREX both expand the traits in the game, in generally similar ways, though i assign them a little more realistically.

My "as you age" system, and genetics/grandparents, is the only reason I made this mod, because otherwise CO basically has this stuff covered.

CO has swords and events and portraits and stuff, along with traits. I just do traits. If someone really wants to use them together, you'd have to take TREX as it is and remove trait stuff from CO. like 75% of my CK2 gameplay has been with CO on. as i've always felt, the traits were the main point, so to remove them for the additional stuff alone is just kind of weird.

... i hardly know what i'm doing, so i have zero desire to ever add more to TREX than trait stuff. :lol:

Thats why I asked if you guys where considering merging, the as you age logic w/ the grandparent stuff makes since, I personally would like to play both mods w/o making my game spaz out because your both using basically the same traits but they will most likely not be compatible w/ each other, maybe a combined mod would ease the workload for both of you :)
Azsouth

PostPosted by sensitive ears » Wed Jun 07, 2017 13:42

Just here to tell you thanks for the good job on the mod, and that I'm thoroughly enjoying this!
sensitive ears

PostPosted by Starfleeter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 08:14

Interesting. I saw something like this in CK2+ with the genetic traits being "discovered" as they grow up and was wondering if anyone was ever going to do something like this for A Game of Thrones. I use Congenital Overhaul so I can't really give this a go and really like their expanded traits a ton.

I've never touched mod files before but it looked pretty straightforward how to combine the on_event actions. I made sure to modify the trait references for removal at birth and then set up the ages triggers for the CO events, removed the flag check and setup on birth from CO (while modifying the trait checks again), and then set up the event checks to fire yearly like you did so I guess I'll see how this all works out!

I really appreciate you and everyone else who takes the time to make these mods so I guess I'll see if I ruined my game or not by playing for a bit.
Starfleeter

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sun Jun 11, 2017 14:35

Starfleeter wrote:Interesting. I saw something like this in CK2+ with the genetic traits being "discovered" as they grow up and was wondering if anyone was ever going to do something like this for A Game of Thrones. I use Congenital Overhaul so I can't really give this a go and really like their expanded traits a ton.

I've never touched mod files before but it looked pretty straightforward how to combine the on_event actions. I made sure to modify the trait references for removal at birth and then set up the ages triggers for the CO events, removed the flag check and setup on birth from CO (while modifying the trait checks again), and then set up the event checks to fire yearly like you did so I guess I'll see how this all works out!

I really appreciate you and everyone else who takes the time to make these mods so I guess I'll see if I ruined my game or not by playing for a bit.

good luck!
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by MBjarno » Sun Jun 11, 2017 18:59

ERHMAHGERD Foxwillow! You are back <3
MBjarno

PostPosted by foxwillow » Thu Jun 15, 2017 00:59

yeeah wat up
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by AzazelSlayer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 23:27

Edit - It was apparently a Ad website that got though my Ad blocker.. Very Strange indeed.. But all is good now !
AzazelSlayer

PostPosted by livelikeme14 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 19:47

1.5 plox
livelikeme14

PostPosted by crdwain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 20:24

If I could offer one suggestion; it would be that unfit, lazy, athletic etc shouldn't be genetic entirely. They should be attached to traits and possibly force training. Diligent and temperate should lend more towards athletic and lively, while slothful and gluttonous should lend towards the other. Someone can train hard to be athletic and fit without being naturally predisposed towards athleticism.
crdwain

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Thu Aug 10, 2017 22:29

The same thing could be said about strong. The trait isn't supposed to represent that they are indeed lazy. Nor is the strong trait supposed to represent that they benchpress 24/7. It's supposed to represent that their body is sluggish which gives them a slight disadvantage compared to others. Much like how strong is that they have an advantage and a natural gift.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by foxwillow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 18:54

livelikeme14 wrote:1.5 plox

does it break with 1.5? i haven't tried it, but if the game loads it's probably fine
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by foxwillow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 19:08

crdwain wrote:If I could offer one suggestion; it would be that unfit, lazy, athletic etc shouldn't be genetic entirely. They should be attached to traits and possibly force training. Diligent and temperate should lend more towards athletic and lively, while slothful and gluttonous should lend towards the other. Someone can train hard to be athletic and fit without being naturally predisposed towards athleticism.

yeah, mirroring lancelot's post here...

a good chunk of inherent real-world athleticism is due to genes. yes, training and working out can give a person strength or varying levels of athleticism, regardless of their genealogy, but most of ck2 breeding revolves around congenitals.

the late-onset system in place here is at least better than at birth (like, how do you know an infant is "strong?" lol, always found that funny). yes, technically it just links to parentage but play-through-wise we can assume the kid who gets "strong" was willing to put in the work and training to make it happen.

i could tweak percentages for certain things for concurring traits like glutton, etc. but with how ck2 works im not sure i want to mix the streams of the congenital/hereditary traits with the earned ones.

"diligent" for example, isn't just a trait without perks. diligent gives the attribute perks you would expect from someone who is indeed diligent and works hard. giving diligent characters the ability to make themselves athletic is kind of just doubling their diligence. plus you can lose personality traits.

like at 11 you may gain diligent, use that to become athletic, but lose diligent due to your guardian's decisions at 14 or 15 or something.

it seems like incorporating flexible personality traits into the congenital traits would be a little bit of a nightmare to logistically make it work and have it actually function better than the status quo. i think there's probably too many what-ifs and scenarios to work through for too little gain, but i'll stew on it for a while if i randomly get inspired. :)
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by crdwain » Wed Aug 16, 2017 05:03

That's all fair enough actually. I have altered your files a bit to give people with a valyrian look (so west valyrian, valyrian or lyseni gfxs from the scripted trigger) a high chance of the attractive traits. But also I've added some stuff to the marshal "train kids" job to add a small chance of athletic, lively, lazy and unfit.
People with valyrian features are said to be hauntingly beautiful in lore, so I wanted to reflect that. I also wanted to give the "train children" thing more of a purpose for us and the AI, with added repercussions as well (think Samwell Tarly vs Jon Snow who would probably have the unfit and athletic traits respectively.)

So cheers for the answers that both of you gave.
crdwain

PostPosted by toastov » Wed Aug 16, 2017 20:22

Think you could share that with us (or PM to me) crdwain? I would PM, but newly registered so I don't get that feature.

The mod itself is interesting, thank you foxwillow!
toastov

PreviousNext

Return to Sub-Mods