R+L=J Game Rule Bug - SPOILERS AHEAD

Report any problems with the mod here

R+L=J Game Rule Bug - SPOILERS AHEAD

PostPosted by LadyOfEmpathy » Wed May 03, 2017 15:32

So, I tried posting about this in the submods forum but was told that I shouldn't do that since this "mod" is now part of the game rules. So, here it goes:

I've had a recurring bug with this event chain for several months: both before and after the new version of ck2. All of the events are fine (tower of joy, raising Jon as my own etc) up until I can choose to legalize parentage (as Jon). I can acknowledge what I'm told by Reed (or Lyanna, in my case) and thus get a claim on the Iron Throne. But I can't actually legalize parentage through the intrigue menu - even though it's marked as green and "clickable". I have tried going after the throne while still a vassal, I have tried becoming independent first and then taking the throne - but I still can't legalize parentage. It doesn't matter how many times I click it - it does nothing.

The only thing I can think of is if it has to do with there being no living Targaryens? Dany hadn't been born yet and the others were killed off. I really hope someone can help with this as it's totally ruining the event for me -.- I WANT TO BE A TARGARYEN DAMN IT xD
LadyOfEmpathy

Re: R+L=J Game Rule Bug - SPOILERS AHEAD

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed May 03, 2017 17:37

Can you actually click the decision to take the effect or just see the decision?
To be able to take the decision you need to be not at war and either an emperor tier ruler, independent or your spouse holds the iron throne
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LadyOfEmpathy » Wed May 03, 2017 18:04

I can click it. The checkmark next to the objective is green and clickable - but when I click it, nothing happens. Yes, I have heard that so that's why I tried it both while being a vassal and after gaining independence (and not being at war). Still the same. I didn't proclaim the Kingdom in the North but I was independent (fairly sure I've tried declaring Kingdom in the North at some point as well to no avail). I also tried after having gained the Iron Throne but still nothing -.- Very frustrating.
LadyOfEmpathy

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed May 03, 2017 18:13

LadyOfEmpathy wrote:I can click it. The checkmark next to the objective is green and clickable - but when I click it, nothing happens. Yes, I have heard that so that's why I tried it both while being a vassal and after gaining independence (and not being at war). Still the same. I didn't proclaim the Kingdom in the North but I was independent (fairly sure I've tried declaring Kingdom in the North at some point as well to no avail). I also tried after having gained the Iron Throne but still nothing -.- Very frustrating.

Upload a copy of your save game, also what version of the mod and ck2 are you on just to check?

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LadyOfEmpathy » Wed May 03, 2017 18:44

blackninja9939 wrote:
LadyOfEmpathy wrote:I can click it. The checkmark next to the objective is green and clickable - but when I click it, nothing happens. Yes, I have heard that so that's why I tried it both while being a vassal and after gaining independence (and not being at war). Still the same. I didn't proclaim the Kingdom in the North but I was independent (fairly sure I've tried declaring Kingdom in the North at some point as well to no avail). I also tried after having gained the Iron Throne but still nothing -.- Very frustrating.

Upload a copy of your save game, also what version of the mod and ck2 are you on just to check?

I am using the latest version of the mod (just downloaded it the day before yesterday) and I'm using the most recent CK2 version: 2.7.1. Also, I'd be happy to upload a copy of my savegame - if you could direct me on how to do it xD I realize I might come across as an utter noob, which isn't the case, but I haven't really messed with save game files all that much as I've heard it can really mess things up if you get it wrong. I can't really see an "upload" button on here either, so I'm thinking there's some other way that probably everyone knows about except me... Sorry to be a bother!
LadyOfEmpathy

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Wed May 03, 2017 19:17

Well your problem might be that the current release version of the mod is for 2.7.0.2 and not 2.7.1
Try backdating your game and see if that fixes it, to do so you right click ck2 -> properties -> betas -> 2.7.0.2

As for uploading a save game, just upload it on any website like mediafire or dropbox then give us the link to the download. Your save games are located in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/A Game of Thrones

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by LadyOfEmpathy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:30

So sorry for my late reply - life got in the way! And I also wanted to try playing again, not using a single cheat, just to make sure that didn't make a difference. Sadly, it didn't.

Here's a copy of the link to the save game that I uploaded on dropbox. Hopefully it's the right format and whatnot - if not, let me know if/how I should change it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc7iul8hqxds3 ... r.ck2?dl=0

Hope that the mystery bug will be solved! Thanks for looking into it!
LadyOfEmpathy

PostPosted by LadyOfEmpathy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34

Update: it appears the bug is limited to Jon *before* he joins the Night's Watch. I tried starting a game yesterday, when Jon was Lord Commander, and after getting the North I could legalize parentage and start my very own "Stark-Targaryen" dynasty just fine. Perhaps that'll help localize the issue!
LadyOfEmpathy

Return to Bug Reports