Best Version for Multiplayer?

Arrange and discuss multiplayer games here

Best Version for Multiplayer?

PostPosted by xeneize » Sat May 13, 2017 17:51

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. My friend and I started playing this mod recently over LAN and we have been dealing with a LOT of out of sync situations with whoever isn't hosting. We've spotted that these out of syncs are caused most commonly by Dragon event, Slave events, and Trial events.

I've searched before posting, so I'm aware that the creators of the mod are not responsible for multiplayer errors as that is on Paradox's end. So my main question is, based on your experiences with multiplayer, which version of the mod is most 'multiplayer-friendly'? And would you have any advice on the best way to avoid out of sync events?

We're currently playing version 1.4.1 over LAN. Is there anything connection-wise we could do too?

I really appreciate any help with this, I look forward to seeing your answers and experiences. Anything helps! Thanks!
xeneize

Re: Best Version for Multiplayer?

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sat May 13, 2017 18:13

I don't use multiplayer but from what I've read here 0.9 is the only semi-stable version.
There's another, less complex AGOT mod in the works (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-seven-kingdoms-an-age-of-petty-kings) that aims to focus on improved multiplayer performance which may or may not be an alternative in the future.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by xeneize » Sat May 13, 2017 18:22

DownTheDrain wrote:I don't use multiplayer but from what I've read here 0.9 is the only semi-stable version.
There's another, less complex AGOT mod in the works (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-seven-kingdoms-an-age-of-petty-kings) that aims to focus on improved multiplayer performance which may or may not be an alternative in the future.

Thanks for the reply!

I read around the same thing too, but we tried it yesterday and it crashed the first time we tried to save. We're probably going to give it more chances since people wouldn't be suggesting it if it wasn't working.

I never heard about that mod either, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that one.
xeneize

PostPosted by foxwillow » Sat May 13, 2017 21:01

my friends and i have never had any notable problem with any version working in multiplayer.

but we do usually need westeros only, or another world-reducing mod. as long as that is going on, we've always been fine. the full map full of playable characters crashes.
foxwillow
Mod Team

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Sun May 21, 2017 01:44

foxwillow wrote:my friends and i have never had any notable problem with any version working in multiplayer.

but we do usually need westeros only, or another world-reducing mod. as long as that is going on, we've always been fine. the full map full of playable characters crashes.

I tried to play westeros only with 2 others in Aegons Conguest and it still desyncs? How do you and your friends get it to work fine?
xeneize wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:I don't use multiplayer but from what I've read here 0.9 is the only semi-stable version.

Thanks for the reply!

I read around the same thing too, but we tried it yesterday and it crashed the first time we tried to save. We're probably going to give it more chances since people wouldn't be suggesting it if it wasn't working.

I never heard about that mod either, I'll be keeping a closer eye on that one.

Also the new mod you guys are on about has already said they wont be adding any bookmarks past the doom of valyria so as not to compete with this mod :/
CyberFerret

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:56

It also apparently has desync issues and other misc bugs at the moment
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

Return to Multiplayer