Request - A multiplayer Working Mod

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Request - A multiplayer Working Mod

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Sun May 21, 2017 00:49

Can anyone make a sub mod that takes away some parts to make the mod actually work?
CyberFerret

Re: Request - A multiplayer Working Mod

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:57

Just wait for Westeros Only to be updated
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Sun May 21, 2017 12:39

blackninja9939 wrote:Just wait for Westeros Only to be updated

It already has, and it still desyncs!
CyberFerret

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun May 21, 2017 13:25

Pretty sure knuckey hasn't updated it yet

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Sun May 21, 2017 13:52

madmike22c wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/?ea3cbbi1zcaqp0q Westeros Only

https://www.mediafire.com/?51n4sz54l9bx593 Westeros Only for Century of Blood bookmark

Those should work, I tried to remove anything unnecessary/add anything that wasn't originally with the Westeros Only folder but it's possible I forgot something. I'm using quite a few sub mods and sometimes they use the same files.

Just delete the previous Westeros Only and/or Century of Blood folders (if you're using that one) and replace with the files in the download.

Ive been using that.
CyberFerret

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun May 21, 2017 14:00

In the least rude way I would trust an update from knuckey over another user when it comes to Westeros only, that version may well work perfectly but you never know

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by CyberFerret » Sun May 21, 2017 14:11

blackninja9939 wrote:In the least rude way I would trust an update from knuckey over another user when it comes to Westeros only, that version may well work perfectly but you never know

XD I can only hope his will work better whenever he updates it then, thanks.
CyberFerret

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun May 21, 2017 14:58

Depending on what you plan to do with it (dragons, duels, slavery, bookmarks with a metric ton of scripted events) you can probably still break the multiplayer with Westeros only.

Then again, it's a whole lot better than hoping for a new multiplayer submod to suddenly appear because you started a thread asking for it. Between this forum, the Pdox forum, the reddit, the Steam multiplayer group and moddb there's quite a lot of people aware of the issue, so if there was an obvious solution (apart from that new mod that you don't like either) we would have heard of it by now.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Sun May 21, 2017 15:35

DownTheDrain wrote:Depending on what you plan to do with it (dragons, duels, slavery, bookmarks with a metric ton of scripted events) you can probably still break the multiplayer with Westeros only.

Then again, it's a whole lot better than hoping for a new multiplayer submod to suddenly appear because you started a thread asking for it. Between this forum, the Pdox forum, the reddit, the Steam multiplayer group and moddb there's quite a lot of people aware of the issue, so if there was an obvious solution (apart from that new mod that you don't like either) we would have heard of it by now.

Paradox does look into MP issues with mods but it has taken a back seat at the moment. The new mod is also not actually stable in MP, I've heard reports from multiple people it desyncs after a month or so in game regardless of actions taken unfortunately.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by DownTheDrain » Sun May 21, 2017 16:08

blackninja9939 wrote:
DownTheDrain wrote:Depending on what you plan to do with it (dragons, duels, slavery, bookmarks with a metric ton of scripted events) you can probably still break the multiplayer with Westeros only.

Paradox does look into MP issues with mods but it has taken a back seat at the moment. The new mod is also not actually stable in MP, I've heard reports from multiple people it desyncs after a month or so in game regardless of actions taken unfortunately.

The only things that might interest me in that new mod is the map and possibly the building system, but I'm a singleplayer guy anyway.
Shame they're getting major desyncs since that's what they set out to fix originally. I guess they're still early in development, so baby steps and all that.
DownTheDrain

PostPosted by zerofighterr » Wed May 24, 2017 14:04

That was basicly our own fault, we failed to properly edit the vanilla events and they were the cause of our many issues
zerofighterr

Return to Sub-Mods