Is Bran essentially a god?

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Is Bran essentially a god?

PostPosted by reythekid » Mon May 22, 2017 23:30

Now stop me if this has been done already.
But, I've been wondering, see I've honestly avoided season 6 until a few days ago, exams are over, I realized the books are a ways off, so I just accepted and dove head first. The series is still great.

Anyway, but Bran. Right, the three eyed raven, and the origins of Hodor, and why he says Hodor.
It seems like Bran's abilities transcend time. So I'm just wondering about that. You know, if he's, essentially, a god.
reythekid

Re: Is Bran essentially a god?

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue May 23, 2017 02:20

No.

/thread
Helvetti

PostPosted by reythekid » Tue May 23, 2017 04:18

Helvetti wrote:No.

/thread

okay, but then, what exactly is he? What exactly is the three eyed raven? I thought it was just a skin changer. Clearly, it's not. I mean... Just "no" though?
reythekid

PostPosted by Helvetti » Tue May 23, 2017 13:58

Well, we can't say he's definitively something, that's up to GRRM. He is a seer, he can see back and forth in time, much like oracles. He is probably just a very strong seer, he can skinchange and (in specific locations) look back in time.
Helvetti

PostPosted by LAntorcha » Fri Jul 14, 2017 07:17

I'm on the line that Bran is Darth Vader... :D

I mean, i think he is the "Evil That Must Be" for the 7 Kingdoms to unite. As Vader was the Balance of the Force, Bran is the "creator" of the Night King, so as to Westerosi people gather under a common banner: fighting the White Walkers.

He heard that story from Tata (S1E2 i think) and simply believed it was true. He's fate is linked to Brynden Rivers (i think it has to be some reincarnation shit...) then he went back and forced the history to became true, like with Hodor.

I know that's paradoxical shit in it, but... it's my 50 cents. I rather prefer than Bran being a maimed Doctor X on wheelchair being a saviour. There are too many heroes.
LAntorcha

Return to Story and Lore