[Guide] Explaining AGOT Mod Mechanics & Key Events WIP

For any general subject related to the mod

[Guide] Explaining AGOT Mod Mechanics & Key Events WIP

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 08:59

This FAQ covers game mechanics _unique_ to this mod. Please post errors or ask any question and i'll edit them in here.
Read the official AGOT MOD manual. topic1263.html
Read the CK2 Manual. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... -II-Manual

Childhood Education
At age 5, the type of education you pick (via event) determines if a character is going to get a Steward, Martial or Court (Intrigue/Diplomacy) education.
The magnitude (Level 1, 2, 3, or 4) of that education is determined by that child's learning stat at age 15.

The top graph is currently ingame.

Childhood Traits - Determined by Guardian
The traits such as kind/humble/charitable etc are determined by the guardian, player or npc. The personality traits of the guardian have a greater chance of being passed to the child, but its pretty random.

Guardian is 100% Responsible for base stats, capped at 10, as well as a factor in personality traits/culture/swordsman.
There is still randomness in base gain but I would equate a stat of 20 in a guardian to gain 1 base per year 90% of the time.

Swordsman/Warrior(Fighter) - the two chicken pieces with stars underneath
This is a primary factor in duels and tournaments representing your characters 'Personal Melee Combat' skill.
You gain this randomly if your guardian has the Swordsman/Warrior trait OR a Military Education regardless of level for both.
The frequency of this happening is increased if the guardian has a better 'Swordsman/Warrior' trait than the child and if the child is (diligent OR brave), quick, genius, strong.
If you don't check at least 2 of the frequency requirements, you probably want to force train the child at least once so he reaches level 4 by the time he's 16.

Squire - Any ward + Religion must be The seven.
You must have a warrior/swordsman trait and not be old.
The child must be male between the age of 8 and 16, with 5 martial, or 3 martial if younger than 11. No dwarfs.

Genetics
HobbesMkii wrote:Crusader Kings 2 uses simple Mendelian genetics. If both parents have the genius trait, each child has a 1/4 chance of inheriting the trait (expression of the gene) while the others are more likely to gain quick--mixed expression. So, overall, you have a 75% chance of avoiding a genius child. This creates a situation where it appears as though nothing is going on, which may be one of those reasons human beings went 1000s of years before figuring out genetics were a thing.

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki ... ter_Future

Martial Optimum - When armies fight
16-26 Martial is what you want to be able to trigger most 'Good' Combat tactics. Combat tactics are chosen for each phase (harass melee persuit) of combat and can have an incredible effect on battle outcomes found by mousing over the gold silver or bronze chevrons during combat.
On occasion a tactic has a Martial Education modifier, but not enough to be overly concerned with.
Less than 9 Martial and you might as well shoot yourself in the face.
##Run from dragons. Serious. Run.

Tournament Odds
It's going to be random. +Chance for: Having tournament ribbons, being under 40yo, having a swordsman/warrior trait, having 11, 14, 17 and/or 20 martial, having a swordsman/warrior squire, being tall, strong brave or a duelist.
It's honestly going to be random and for the most part the magnitude of the above is pretty similar, swordsman does have the best weighting. Mod devs are reworking it.

Duel Odds
Swordsman/warrior, Swords, strong, genius, quick, brave, wroth, deceitful, ruthless, tall, wolf, crow, chosen rhllor, favoured rhllor and being over 16 increase your chance of winning.
If you have more of the above than your opponent, you should win. The opposites of these traits, if any, penalize your chances.

Who defends me in trials by combat?
Any courtier who has a swordsman trait, the greater the level of swordsman the more likely he is picked. No rulers, females, dwarfs, hunchbacks or other deformities, nobody who hates you. Of the characters shown, they may reject.
From the list shown pick the guy with the highest swordsman and the most traits matching above.

-My character has no 'warrior/swordsman' trait, how do i keep him out of fights with other armies?
-Raise all armies, split away small stack. Appoint self leader of small stack. Disband small stack.

How do trials by court work? Is it just random chance?
No, this isn't a paradox event. Your case strength is dependent on your diplomacy skill and if you have a court education. The verdict is also, but to a lesser degree based on diplomacy and intrigue, with the previous case strength being a dominant factor. Also includes superficial things attractive/female/prestige bonuses as 'society isn't just'. Anyone from your 'realm' who wasn't captured in battle can be brought to trial. May be expaneded on later.

How does revoke_reason and prison_reason work to imprison vassals, execute and revoke titles without tyranny?
Any vassal who plots against you can be imprisoned without penalty once, then the prison_reason is consumed until he performs an action that gives you a prison reason. The same concept applies for revoke and execute reasons.

Here are the reasons and can be viewed ingame by checking your characters opinion of a target. Similarly using the diplomacy menu to revoke/execute/imprison will indicate if you have a reason or if you will accrue tyranny.

Code: Select all
declared_war = {
   opinion = -25
   months = 160
   prison_reason = yes # This one gives righteous cause to imprison a character
   revoke_reason = yes # This one gives righteous cause to revoke ONE title
}

opinion_dishonorable = {
   opinion = -20
   months = 120
}
opinion_traitor = {
   opinion = -50
   months = 160
   execute_reason = yes
   inherit = yes
}

# Plot related
attempted_murder_of_spouse = {
   opinion = -100
   execute_reason = yes # This one gives righteous cause to revoke ONE title      
}
attempted_murder_of_child = {
   opinion = -100
}
attempted_murder_of_vassal = {
   opinion = -10
}
attempted_murder = {
   opinion = -1000
}
opinion_killed_close_kin = {
   opinion = -100
   months = 2400
   execute_reason = yes
   prison_reason = yes
}
opinion_corrupt = {
   opinion = -20
   prison_reason = yes
}
devious_plotter = {
   opinion = -50
}

attempted_kidnapping = {
   opinion = -100
}

attempted_kidnapping_of_kin = {
   opinion = -50
}

attempted_kidnapping_of_vassal = {
   opinion = -10
}

attempted_murder_of_close_kin = {
   opinion = -100
}

killed_vassal = {
   opinion = -20
}
suspect_of_murder = {
   opinion = -30
   prison_reason = yes
}
accused_of_murder = {
   opinion = -20
   prison_reason = yes
}
opinion_blackmailed = {
   opinion = -30
   prison_reason = yes
}
opinion_killed_father = {
   opinion = -50
   execute_reason = yes
   prison_reason = yes
}

How do I get a sword?
Named swords are dynastic and on a characters death their heir inherits. If the heir isn't of their dynasty, any random dynasty member will inherit the sword. Generic un-named swords can be obtained by chance during combat your character participates in. Those with the "Obtain a valyrian steel sword" ambition will also have access to a unique event chain.

Megawar Odds - AI Decision Making
They are more likely to join you if: They supported you in the past, close relative is kingsguard, close relative is king, grandchild is king, favours stopping independence, dynasty is king, allied with king, in law is king, shared culture, shared religion, not lunatic, has dragon, is friend, enemy is rival and every +20 opinion.
Replace king with rebel leader if you're trying to gauge allies chance of joining you.

What is a megawar?
topic1263.html - The manual explains it best.

It's this situation that is perfect for the greyjoys to start an iron price war, or for any LP to start a conquest of another LP.

When I marry a character, he or she reappears at my court or wont stay married.
One of the characters involved is a master/nights watch/widow/silent sister. You cant marry them.
You can as a widow marry anyone who is in your court. To 'Lose' the widowed trait if you fail the initial event, you'll have to wait an 'Average' of 10 years and this time will be reduced to 2 years by having a lover. Selfish/stubborn/cynical/gregarious will also reduce the average time and zealous/chaste/celibate will increase the time.

What is Cyvasse?
Its like chess.

How do I get a great house character to marry me/my son?
The first 3 male characters in line to inherit will be able to marry any female of the same rank who isn't an heir. (Your Tyrion and Margaery)
The first 3 male characters in line to inherit will be able to marry any female vassal of lower rank even if landed. (Your Visceris Targaryen and LP Adrianne of Dorne)
I like to find a lord with a old/elderly son who only has daughters & non-agnatic succession. Marry those daughters as refusal is unlikely.

Relatives keep demanding my provinces and im being called a Tyrant!! This is madness.
Working as designed. The best way to dodge the tyrant hit is:
-Marrying your heir and giving him all spare provinces.
-When people ask and you say 'You are not ready', kill them.
-Don't have so many children.

---Content people/prim heir/councilors never ask

---Mention the wall/not ready for the second time.
-Ambitious/proud/wroth will probably call you a tyrant.
-Humble and content people probably wont call you a tyrant.

---Not worthy
-drunk/sloth/craven 100% wont call you a tyrant.

Province & Character Coversion
Should be obvious as of 4.0's priest addition. Can't demand religious conversion as this is westeros not the inquisition.

Why is it taking so long to rebuild Harrenhal?
Took old king harren 40 years with king level resources and thousands of men enslaved working to the death. You will be able to begin construction when you have 1000 gold. Unfortunately mass slavery is illegal in westeros so construction will take longer. You can improve your chances by having a high level stewardship, diligence or ruthlessness. Similarly the same traits in a skilled steward who is 'Overseeing Construction' will expedite the process. Even so, expect it to take well over 100 years. I would not reccommend attempting it unless you have a high stewardship and a pool of stewards with high stewardship. (12)

Why wont my plot to kill fire?
Spamming invites then pressing a button in the space of a day seemed pretty lame, instead its a % chance based on plot power, number of backers, plot power of any backer and misc other factors. Get it to 100 and wait. Perhaps hold a feast?

What cool Agot events aren't in the manual that I thoroughly read?
Lannisters have exceptional feast bonuses.
Storms End is particularly resilliant.
Harrenhall is cursed.
Manderly's make excellent vassals to the Starks.
The crossing extracts a toll.
Cruel rulers rarely have hungry goats.
Rhallor assassinations can be shady, shadowey?
Ned Stark will try to rescue his sister if robert wins the rebellion. R+L=J

I don't care for spoilers, and I am curious how the dragon egg, and taming dragon events work.
SPOILER!
dracaris
dovakin
fus ro dah
dracaris
dovakin
fus ro dah
dracaris
dovakin
fus ro dah

Easiest method is to play as the mad king in the WotU scenario and hold kings landing/summerhall/dragonstone. Usually in Rhaegars lifetime he will get an opportunity to 'read about dragons'.
From there you'll have access to the 'buy an egg' event.
As you have gathered some knowledge about dragons, you can attempt to hatch it.
To increase your chances of success, raise an army with your character leading and visit key locations associated with dragons.

The rest is pretty obvious via prompts. When your dragon rider dies the dragon becomes wild.

Valyrian Library/Books;
If you have one of these:
culture_group = valyrian
has_landed_title = e_iron_throne
has_landed_title = c_kings_landing
has_landed_title = c_dragonstone
has_landed_title = c_summerhall

MTTH: Faster based on; Learning, Primary title level, targaryen.

Dragon Chain;
has_character_flag = targaryen
has_landed_title = c_kings_landing
[b]OR[/b]
has_character_modifier = reading_valyrian_books

MTTH;
Will happen once every 250 Years
OR
If you've read valyrian books, 1 year.

Taming A Dragon: You have a X/100  % chance taming the dragon you hatched from an egg (citadel info), an X/300% chance for characters who hatch an egg without citadel info, and an X/450 % chance for those who encounter a wild dragon.
X = 1
*2 if brave
*2 if genius
*5 if targaryen
*5 if high_valyrian (redundant kinda considering the HV culling)
*3 if gained intel
*3 if any kind of valyrian
*1.5 rhllor
*2 for favored
*3 for chosen (yes i think rhallor is derp factor but offers non targs a factor mult without Bob Rosby getting a dragon)

A brave Targ  X = 150
Brave ACOK Stannis who held kings landing and got citadel info and hatched a dragon. 27%

I REALLY WANT TO ADD MY OWN SWORD, HOW DO I ADD IT TO THE REFORGE SWORD LIST?
Fashbinder wrote:The mod should be in my documents/paradox plaza/ck2/mods

agot/localisation/valyrian.csv = renames swords and desc and other instances of the sword in the same file. Dont replace the name, just the description. So it will look like

This has relocalized the sword anger to "HUSKYCHOOFS SUPER COOL SWORD OF PWNZORZ"

anger;HUSKYCHOOFS SUPER COOL SWORD OF PWNZORZ;Ire;;;;;;;;;;;;x
anger_desc;SUM GAI NAIMED HAISKEYDOOF MAID DIS SWERD N I FINK ID KOOL;;;;;;;;;;;;x

give_anger_to_son;Give [Root.GetFirstName] HUSKYCHOOFS SUPER COOL SWORD OF PWNZORZ;Donner Ire à [Root.GetFirstName];;;;;;;;;;;;x
give_anger_to_son_desc;I will pass on HUSKYCHOOFS SUPER COOL SWORD OF PWNZORZ to [Root.GetFirstName], [Root.GetSheHe] needs it more than I do.;Je vais donner Ire à [Root.GetFirstName], [Root.GetSheHe] en a plus besoin que moi. ;;;;;;;;;;;;x

This is all you need to do to rename the sword.

To give it a new picture, just replace the old one but keep the file name the same in agot/gfx/traits.

HOW DO I RENAME CADET HOUSES?

If you would like to pick your own cadet house name, simply rename the appropriate dynasty in Agot/common/dynastys.

If you would like to pick your own Coat of arms, place the "section" of agot/gfx/coat of arms/cadet dynasty's with your own image.

You can also update the localization (what appears in the event text) in agot/localization/cadet_loc

This renames house noscotland to house chuskypoof in the event text. Not necessary as the previous two changes will show your new name and coa.
EVTOPTCcadet.11;House Chuskypoof;Maison Ouestan;GERMAN;;SPANISH;;;;;;;;;x

Ensure when making graphical changes the file format is .dds
Last edited by Fashbinder on Wed Mar 26, 2014 14:15, edited 25 times in total.
BTC: 18ksJwDZpnyrA2E2pXoTxuBcBBTnukoiFU
I Stream EU4 on Twitch quite regularly!
Fashbinder

Re: [Guide] Explaining AGOT Mod Mechanics & Key Events WIP

PostPosted by taloncarde » Thu Aug 23, 2012 09:13

One issue with low stewardship can be bandits in your holdings, so there is worth there.
taloncarde

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 09:24

taloncarde wrote:One issue with low stewardship can be bandits in your holdings, so there is worth there.

That's really for if you're over the demesne limit. Will happen once every 400 years with 0 realm stewardship if you're under the limit, and then disappear within 10 years with 0 stewardship. I could add 'If your best councilors primary attribute is below 10, hire a new one from the decisions menu. But that's kinda obvious.'
Fashbinder

PostPosted by HobbesMkii » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:09

Knuckey working on tournaments is news to me. The Duel Engine is Galle's baby. Where'd you hear that rumor?
HobbesMkii

PostPosted by knuckey » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26

Yes, galle has taken over tourneys. He has decided they would be better with the duel engine.
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by Galle » Sun Aug 26, 2012 08:36

And I will finish the new tournies someday.

It's somewhat difficult as they are requiring roughly a hundred different events.
The North Remembers.
Galle

PostPosted by bommelom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 15:20

Are base stats based on the parents stats, or are they based on the guardians stats + randomness, or both? I've always heard it was the second, but your guide says it's the first.
bommelom

PostPosted by borgboy0 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 01:14

for getting the dragons...do u have to play as the mad king or with the ruler designer can i make my person a targ and then have a better chance of getting dragons?
borgboy0

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 06:20

bommelom wrote:Are base stats based on the parents stats, or are they based on the guardians stats + randomness, or both? I've always heard it was the second, but your guide says it's the first.

Thanks for pointing this out, I was tripping balls. CK2 had so few improvements on CKDV that i sometimes confuse the two. Yes i went there :P I don't count modability/graphics as an improvement :P
@dragons, section updated.

I ran a few tests similar to http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... of-a-child
but focused on the child 0-6 years. Both 100 base stat diplomacy parents didn't produce children at age 6 noticeably better than parents with 0 base stats.

From 6 - 16 - I educated 4 children under the super 100 stat parents and 4 children under 0 stat parents to confirm that there is no inherent hidden genetic potential. There was none.

Summary is:
Parents only pass on appearance and genetic traits. (Weak, Dwarf, Genius, Strong etc)
Educator is 100% Responsible for base stats, capped at 10, as well as a factor in personality traits/culture/swordsman.
Education Type (Martial, Steward, Court) is chosen by the player.
Education magnitude is based on learning.
There is still randomness in base gain but I would equate a stat of 20 in a guardian to gain 1 base per year.

Key thing to note is that a childs base stat gains per year cap at 10, this includes misc events that give them +1 X stat. So essentially, once you have 10 in a stat change educator to focus on another stat.
Comparing a 10 learning child to a 19 learning child and the probability of getting that level of education, i think its safe to say that it isn't significant to be worth focusing on. To achieve 19 learning at 15 years, you'd obviously have to have 10 base learning, +5 genius, +2 ambitious, +1 just, +1 diligent, +1 patient. As well as Maester +2's once you pass level 10.

learning = 19-21
15 = Tier 1 Education
40 = Tier 2 Education
60 =Tier 3 Education
35 =Tier 4 Education

learning = 10-12
30 = Tier 1 Education
55 = Tier 2 Education
45 =Tier 3 Education
20 =Tier 4 Education
Fashbinder

PostPosted by Zireael » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32

A good guide. Can I use it to update the one I did put up on ckiiwiki?
Zireael

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16

sure thing
Fashbinder

PostPosted by HobbesMkii » Wed Aug 29, 2012 15:37

I like that you included my snark at the end of the genetics explanation.
HobbesMkii

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31

Bump for console gamers watching the show then comming here and not being able to press [] +R2 to win every game.
Fashbinder

PostPosted by ZnasVecKo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50

What's []?
ZnasVecKo

PostPosted by xoatl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00

Fashbinder wrote:Bump for console gamers watching the show then comming here and not being able to press [] +R2 to win every game.

oi m8 i take gr8 offense at that.

im gonna go play fifa instead of dis mod now
xoatl

PostPosted by tompalmer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 18:05

Don't spit on fifa :oops:
Writing a book about history of war
Stay updated about the mod by email !
ImageImage
tompalmer

PostPosted by xoatl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 18:13

Alright... Call of Duty, then?
xoatl

PostPosted by VxXxV » Mon Apr 08, 2013 18:39

Type ASPIRIN to get +100 health
on console use R2, R2, R1, R2, L1, R2, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT DOWN, RIGHT, UP to get +100 martial
VxXxV

PostPosted by Beric Dondarion » Sun May 26, 2013 02:26

I'd like to know how much learning is required for the different levels of education. I'll assume 10 learning is guaranteed to get level 4 education?
Beric Dondarion

PostPosted by Fashbinder » Sun May 26, 2013 03:13

Beric Dondarion wrote:I'd like to know how much learning is required for the different levels of education. I'll assume 10 learning is guaranteed to get level 4 education?

The top one
Fashbinder

Next

Return to General Discussion