How to grant kingdom-tier titles to lord paramounts

For specific technical issues and questions.

How to grant kingdom-tier titles to lord paramounts

PostPosted by Fabiondo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 01:36

Hi, so I'm the king of the Iron Thrones and I'm trying to grant the kingdom of the iron isles to some lord paramount, like of the westerlands, the north... but no matter what I do it just doesn't seem possible, f.e. I give him a county and a de jure high lordship (of pyke) but I can't give him the proper kingdom. I'm pretty sure that in vanilla is possible to give a vassal more than one kingdom. Is there something that I can modify to bring that feature back? Thank you.
Fabiondo

Re: How to grant kingdom-tier titles to lord paramounts

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41

You can right click on him and use the Grant Lord Paramouncy decision or whatever it is called I can't remember the exact name
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Shades of Darkness » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:02

If I remember correctly the decision is called "Grant Royal Privilege".
Shades of Darkness

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46

Shades of Darkness wrote:If I remember correctly the decision is called "Grant Royal Privilege".

No that is a different thing, that just lets a Lord Paramount style themselves as King or Queen. Granting them the king tier title is a different decision
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Shades of Darkness » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30

blackninja9939 wrote:No that is a different thing, that just lets a Lord Paramount style themselves as King or Queen. Granting them the king tier title is a different decision

I see well thanks. :)
Shades of Darkness

PostPosted by Fabiondo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 18:30

blackninja9939 wrote:You can right click on him and use the Grant Lord Paramouncy decision or whatever it is called I can't remember the exact name

The option isn't there. I can't give nedd stark the kingdom of the Iron Isles or any other lord paramount. So there's clearly a feature that prohibits you of giving a kingdom-tier vassal another kingdom title. Is there a text file that I can mod to allow it or something?
Thanks
Fabiondo

PostPosted by Wolf Steel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 19:06

You need to personally own the Title for that kingdom-tier in order to be able to give it to another vassal, which will also require that vassal to be your direct vassal i.e. not engage in a mega-war or any other situation that makes them behave temporarily as if they were an independent lord. So if you want to give the Westerlands to The North, you'll need to either revoke the title from the current Lord Paramount, or use a plot to gain control of that title somehow.
Wolf Steel

PostPosted by Fabiondo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 21:28

Wolf Steel wrote:You need to personally own the Title for that kingdom-tier in order to be able to give it to another vassal, which will also require that vassal to be your direct vassal i.e. not engage in a mega-war or any other situation that makes them behave temporarily as if they were an independent lord. So if you want to give the Westerlands to The North, you'll need to either revoke the title from the current Lord Paramount, or use a plot to gain control of that title somehow.

Yep, I'm aware of that, in fact I own the kingdom but there's no option no give it to a lord paramount. I can grant it to a duke level vassal (high lordship), but to a kingdom-tier vassal no. Can you do it in your game?
Fabiondo

PostPosted by Wolf Steel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 06:59

Might be a mod thing then. You could give them the title via console, though you wouldn't gain any opinion modifiers for it I believe. It would probably be easier to give it to a relative of that dynasty if you can.
Wolf Steel

Return to Technical Discussion