Updated Legendary Warriors mod?

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Re: Updated Legendary Warriors mod?

PostPosted by Exakter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 01:05

If anyone wants to help me test my changes...

I've added the following traits
Legendary Warrior
Divine Warrior

I've gone through every single associated file (I believe) and manually changed things around (the original and the updated version don't do this, they basically turn almost every incident of Master_warrior into an OR = {} argument which essentially means that there are different modifiers for most events, but the same damn triggers. Which is kind of silly.

Basically, if you end up fighting against a Legendary or Divine warrior and win... expect massive prestige + high chances of acquiring a new title. If you lose (as is likely), you'll end up getting a very small amount of prestige purely for not dying. I mean... its not every day you get to fight the son of the gods and live.

In my current playthrough the only divine characters are those created by random events for slaves pretty much, which I'll look at to tone down (though I think its already 1% chance).

To become a Legendary warrior you will need to be a master warrior with brave/ambitious, or get really lucky with 1% event chances. To become a divine warrior you basically have a 1% of a 1% chance.

I've not gone through the history, but starting from the Aegon Conqueror bookmark... I essentially made 3 characters legendary (Viseyna, Corlys, Orys).

I changed the ability to train your kids up until legendary (I may change that down to Master_warrior/formidable), and depending on your characters traits, it'll really help with training kids as a master-at-arms.

I've modified this version to work with Congential Overhaul, and also Knights of the Sword Tower submod. (I originally intended to use the sword legend champion mod too, but frankly I don't like how that event triggers and got impatient and wanted to try my changes, I do plan on editing that in conjunction to turn the Sword Legend into something that even skilled warriors could get, and have it be about surviving fights more than pure fighting skill). - I think about a character like Jaime Lannister, who has not exactly shown himself to be this legendary warrior in action but is definitely regarded as such.

If interested just send me a message as I don't have permission from TEM (or C.O., or Sword Tower submod) for these edits which encompass all of their work.
Exakter

PostPosted by matheus3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 21:10

Exakter wrote:If anyone wants to help me test my changes...

Legendary Warrior
Divine Warrior

I've gone through every single associated file (I believe) and manually changed things around (the original and the updated version don't do this, they basically turn almost every incident of Master_warrior into an OR = {} argument which essentially means that there are different modifiers for most events, but the same damn triggers. Which is kind of silly.

Basically, if you end up fighting against a Legendary or Divine warrior and win... expect massive prestige + high chances of acquiring a new title. If you lose (as is likely), you'll end up getting a very small amount of prestige purely for not dying. I mean... its not every day you get to fight the son of the gods and live.

In my current playthrough the only divine characters are those created by random events for slaves pretty much, which I'll look at to tone down (though I think its already 1% chance).

To become a Legendary warrior you will need to be a master warrior with brave/ambitious, or get really lucky with 1% event chances. To become a divine warrior you basically have a 1% of a 1% chance.

I've not gone through the history, but starting from the Aegon Conqueror bookmark... I essentially made 3 characters legendary (Viseyna, Corlys, Orys).

I changed the ability to train your kids up until legendary (I may change that down to Master_warrior/formidable), and depending on your characters traits, it'll really help with training kids as a master-at-arms.

I've modified this version to work with Congential Overhaul, and also Knights of the Sword Tower submod. (I originally intended to use the sword legend champion mod too, but frankly I don't like how that event triggers and got impatient and wanted to try my changes, I do plan on editing that in conjunction to turn the Sword Legend into something that even skilled warriors could get, and have it be about surviving fights more than pure fighting skill). - I think about a character like Jaime Lannister, who has not exactly shown himself to be this legendary warrior in action but is definitely regarded as such.

If interested just send me a message as I don't have permission from TEM (or C.O., or Sword Tower submod) for these edits which encompass all of their work.

Hey, if you still want someone to help you, I would like to help you. I've been interested because it's a great idea.
matheus3

PostPosted by mc_penguinkilla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 18:30

Exakter wrote:If anyone wants to help me test my changes...

Legendary Warrior
Divine Warrior

I too, would love to help you test this submod
mc_penguinkilla

Previous

Return to Sub-Mods