Updated Legendary Warriors mod?

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Updated Legendary Warriors mod?

PostPosted by Darkriot22 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 00:45

there used to be this submod by a guy named Tem who was on the mod team and i was wondering if someone could update it or explain how to update this mod

The mod by Tem
http://www.nexusmods.com/crusaderkings2/mods/5/?
Darkriot22

Re: Updated Legendary Warriors mod?

PostPosted by hyperionandaren » Sat Jul 08, 2017 00:46

Sinstar87 has already done it and added some things into it for his other mods like his armor mod. He named it People's Champ.

Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SinsSi ... 301890373/
hyperionandaren

PostPosted by Darkriot22 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 08:11

hyperionandaren wrote:Sinstar87 has already done it and added some things into it for his other mods like his armor mod. He named it People's Champ.

Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SinsSi ... 301890373/

Thank you, but this isnt the same mod, the legendary warrior mod added another fighter tier after formidable warrior called legendary warrior
Darkriot22

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 08:53

My mod does basically the same thing.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Darkriot22 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 18:16

SinStar87 wrote:My mod does basically the same thing.

the old mod did something like this http://prntscr.com/ft813u
and i liked this more since it really made legendary warriors feel legendary and i especially like how it added another tier to the warrior trait.
http://prntscr.com/ft8249
Darkriot22

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 00:02

My mod adds the special Sword Legend trait to historic legendary characters, and rarely to ambitious/training warriors, that doubles the combat ability of Master Warrior. I use the master warrior trait to drastically cut down the coding requirements for updating, functionally it works the same as a rare new tier.

But if it's not exactly what you want so you don't want to use it, that's fair.

To answer the original question, doubtful anyone is going to update it. To update yourself, assuming it only requires file changes, you have to go through all the new agot files and add in the trait to all the various checks and modifiers.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Riddickphb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 13:59

I updated this MOD to version 1.4.1 to be playable.
Everything was the same as MOD, I just did the update and adaptation.
They can test and check for any errors.
This MOD is not compatible with other MODs, as it modifies several files.
For it to be played with other MODs, it has to be adapted.

Download:
https://www.4shared.com/rar/aupfQtTTca/ ... or-14.html
Riddickphb

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 17:00

Riddickphb wrote:I updated this MOD to version 1.4.1 to be playable.
Everything was the same as MOD, I just did the update and adaptation.
They can test and check for any errors.
This MOD is not compatible with other MODs, as it modifies several files.
For it to be played with other MODs, it has to be adapted.

Download:
https://www.4shared.com/rar/aupfQtTTca/ ... or-14.html

Could you upload to somewhere other than 4shared? That site isn't working for me. I've even waited three minutes. And no download.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by Riddickphb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 18:40

AGOT updated to 1.5, I have to update everything again.
Riddickphb

PostPosted by Darkriot22 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:04

Riddickphb wrote:AGOT updated to 1.5, I have to update everything again.

I don't think there will be another update until the next vanilla patch, so i hope you do update the sub mod to 1.5
Darkriot22

PostPosted by GoTfanboy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 03:26

Riddickphb wrote:AGOT updated to 1.5, I have to update everything again.

That's why SinStar used a new trait. Updating sub-mods is terrible...just terrible.
“... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
GoTfanboy

PostPosted by Riddickphb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 04:45

Updated to version 1.5

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?exi8081827cx6as

NOTE: Not compatible with other MODs that modify modified files in this MOD.
Riddickphb

PostPosted by Darkriot22 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 19:29

Riddickphb wrote:Updated to version 1.5

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?exi8081827cx6as

NOTE: Not compatible with other MODs that modify modified files in this MOD.

Thank you, trying it out now
Darkriot22

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Jul 24, 2017 19:50

just fyi if you are using the old legendary warrior mod I recommend against it. There are hundreds of entries throughout ALL the files that relate to the warrior traits, which the original mod completely ignores. I've not checked Sinstars recent work so I can't comment on that.

Especially when you consider changes to the dueling system and other aspects... the legendary warrior mod would actually make your character LESS effective in most cases.

Updating it yourself is indeed possible, just I would recommend using notepad++ and searching for ALL references to master_warrior and creating similar entries for the legendary trait.

Though I remember Sin's earliest stuff when he came onto these forums suffered from the same issue (I specifically avoided using it because of that) and in fact I've avoided most of his work because I find it to be rather under developed - i.e. he goes for the easiest light changes rather than building the mods to be integral and work with all associated files. Some of the changes are cool/very lore appropriate but extremely amateurishly done ( it is unfortunate that as he has learned more he has developed an ego and his respect for the developers leave a lot to be desired as he acts like his opinion is worthy of more weight because he has done these mods - which is not true, and as a modder/developer myself I can't abide by that sort of attitude so I don't use his stuff now).
Exakter

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 22:38

Sorry I come off that way, I'm opinionated and not afraid to voice them, worst thing that can happen is I get banned after all. But I've always tried to make it clear that it is just my opinion, any weight I may have felt I carried came from being a prolific and helpful poster on the forum not from my modding skills.

As for my mod choices, I had 2 options, make a couple of large overall mods that make a couple of people happy and require incessant updating or make many more small content mods that fulfill requests people were posting and require little or no updating. The latter was a better use of my skills in my view.
SinStar87

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 00:23

don't get me wrong, I understand WHY you made your mods that way, and if I was to build as many as you do I'd do the same thing.

I've made most of the changes I want myself from time to time and barely update them for me let alone for other people.

I'm just beginning to take the most recent 1.5 LW and adapt it to a variety of mods (including CTO, and even some of your mods sinstar). If there is interest in the collection of mods I use, i could post it when I'm done but its purely for my personal use.

(E.g. I would have slight edits to main mod which would allow you to force train females, and force train to the max sword level, I'm just working through how I will make the change. Currently it allows you to train if you are skilled/legendary warrior, and there is only ONE training setting there, perhaps I'll keep it that way and just add other modifiers to reduce the chances of a successful training but I'm not too sure how I'll do it.)

The mods I use (which I believe would be impacted) are currently CTO, Knights of the Sword Tower, people's champ - will probably look into this to make it even more special if I'm adding in a fifth sword trait) I also think I'll need to edit strong seed. (I was serious when I said its hard as hell to update this mod, and unless the author followed my suggestions from years ago, which I don't think he did, even the main version of LW is buggy)

Also, sin I recommend major changes to your wolfings submod if you see this, as I feel thats a smart idea but the triggers are very basic and need a lot of changes to the events.

I.e. your direwolf for example has a pup, but it seems like there is no limit to the pups, and there comes a time where that is problematic/boring.

RE: you/black and personality conflicts, I understand. I used to offer suggestions here and he shot down every single one of my suggestions, rather rudely too, to the point where he refused to entertain other options. Which is ironic since if you go back over my history you'll find suggestions I made, he utterly shot down, that are now in the mod. (Things like dragon lifestyle traits, duel options, ship combat to a limited degree) and other ideas that are now full-fledged submods. I tried to explain my background (both in actual game development and modding) but it made no difference to him, and he for whatever reason saw my suggestions as an affront. Rather that continuing to bother him, I just fucked off so as to not start a fight. I'll make suggestions I have because I too have opinions, but when the modder gets uppity (as he does) I will just lay off/back off. He's done a lot of work, and I respect him for that, as I respect your lesser but still large amount of work on sub mods. Its just important to realize that regardless of what I (you) feel or say or do, its ultimately his to do with as he pleases and sometimes the best thing you can do is throw an idea out there and walk away from it.

I learned from professional development that the best way to get the best ideas out there is to not be attached to them one way or another. Black will do what he does, can't control that aspect so try and control yourself. My advice anyways.
Exakter

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 19:31

Exakter wrote:RE: you/black and personality conflicts, I understand. I used to offer suggestions here and he shot down every single one of my suggestions, rather rudely too, to the point where he refused to entertain other options. Which is ironic since if you go back over my history you'll find suggestions I made, he utterly shot down, that are now in the mod. (Things like dragon lifestyle traits, duel options, ship combat to a limited degree) and other ideas that are now full-fledged submods. I tried to explain my background (both in actual game development and modding) but it made no difference to him, and he for whatever reason saw my suggestions as an affront. Rather that continuing to bother him, I just fucked off so as to not start a fight. I'll make suggestions I have because I too have opinions, but when the modder gets uppity (as he does) I will just lay off/back off. He's done a lot of work, and I respect him for that, as I respect your lesser but still large amount of work on sub mods. Its just important to realize that regardless of what I (you) feel or say or do, its ultimately his to do with as he pleases and sometimes the best thing you can do is throw an idea out there and walk away from it.

I learned from professional development that the best way to get the best ideas out there is to not be attached to them one way or another. Black will do what he does, can't control that aspect so try and control yourself. My advice anyways.

People do change their minds about things you know hence things I previously thought were bad ideas I later added ;) Like duel options for example, and I do believe the system I made was far simpler and less deep than yours unfortunately as the duel engine relies a lot on things being linear without giving it an entire re-write I would not have gotten your system or multiple types of attacks and the actions having more meaning than influencing the weighted randoms for winning. Even a more complex rock-paper-scissors system would be better but our ones uses an extremely simple version with the three options only having mild flavour changes in the name but the effects being the same in he rock-paper-scissors formula. Hell the original version barely even had any ai logic towards picking which one :lol:

Also I do not get in the way of the other members of the team implementing stuff that I previously thought was a bad idea, such as the dragon traits which when I saw the entire system put together by knuckey was very good regardless of me shooting down the ideas in the past :D

I may brush of suggestions in what can seem like a harsh way but invariably that is just me being blunt or sarcastic (or like any person I might have had a bad day and been extra annoying with my responses). It is not because I think bad of you for the suggestions, bear you any ill will or think that any parts of my work on the mod is sacred and cannot be changed, any part of it can and should be changed even if I disagree with it hence submods are a wonderful thing! I have plenty of submods I would never include in the main mod as whilst I like them I know others think the ideas are stupid, broken or implemented poorly :)

I would encourage everyone to make submods, tweak the mod as you see fit or add cool stuff in that you want to have happen like the legendary warrior submod this thread is meant to be about which I am now derailing... :oops:
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 20:15

No worries black, please don't take what i said as insulting. I'm just blunt ;) I felt you were a bit rude but I didn't mind. I've been very closeminded with some of my mod projects in the past. I admitted in my old old posts that a lot of my ideas weren't well thought through. I'm also not claiming ANY credit for anything by bringing that noise up. You guys did the real work. I just have a weird brain and think about things differently than most.

When I saw the dragon traits after picking up this mod again, I was ecstatic. I was also ecstatic to see the duel options in the battle.

I personally just like little events that add to the game (without killing processing with too many things to check every single second) to create stories that feel a bit different over time.

Some of the things I love most about this mod are the extremely rare stuff, but I also LOVE the White Book/Dragon list/Valyrian sword stuff.

Anyways, as to derailing we did that a while ago. so back on topic...

In my little edit (its actually going to be huge, because I'm going to build the Legendary Warrior & God trait into all those submods) I'm going to have

Poor Warrior - Duel skill
Trained Warrior - Duel Skill
Skilled Warrior - Duel + Martial
Master Warrior (formidable) - Duel + Martial + slight attractive bonus
Legendary Warrior - Duel + Martial + moderate attractive bonus
God Amongst Men - (the champ mod) - Duel + Martial + health + high attractive bonus

Going to have to work the modifiers out so they are sufficiently rare, and may have to rework the training decisions, but pretty much every other thing will remain the same in concept/practice. Though the last time I did any modding was a while ago for this game, so it'll probably take me the day today to finish it all up. I was also testing that Warrior King mod, which seems interesting but not fully fledged out for GoT (with the duels/extra traits) so maybe I'll look at modifying that too.

Any suggestions for the trait edits? Like I considered adding a slight knowledge bonus for God Amongst Men, in that I figured those individuals would be more likely to train better warriors too.
Exakter

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 20:27

Exakter wrote:No worries black, please don't take what i said as insulting. I'm just blunt ;) I felt you were a bit rude but I didn't mind. I've been very closeminded with some of my mod projects in the past. I admitted in my old old posts that a lot of my ideas weren't well thought through. I'm also not claiming ANY credit for anything by bringing that noise up. You guys did the real work. I just have a weird brain and think about things differently than most.

When I saw the dragon traits after picking up this mod again, I was ecstatic. I was also ecstatic to see the duel options in the battle.

I personally just like little events that add to the game (without killing processing with too many things to check every single second) to create stories that feel a bit different over time.

Some of the things I love most about this mod are the extremely rare stuff, but I also LOVE the White Book/Dragon list/Valyrian sword stuff.

<3
Exakter wrote:Anyways, as to derailing we did that a while ago. so back on topic...

In my little edit (its actually going to be huge, because I'm going to build the Legendary Warrior & God trait into all those submods) I'm going to have

Poor Warrior - Duel skill
Trained Warrior - Duel Skill
Skilled Warrior - Duel + Martial
Master Warrior (formidable) - Duel + Martial + slight attractive bonus
Legendary Warrior - Duel + Martial + moderate attractive bonus
God Amongst Men - (the champ mod) - Duel + Martial + health + high attractive bonus

Going to have to work the modifiers out so they are sufficiently rare, and may have to rework the training decisions, but pretty much every other thing will remain the same in concept/practice. Though the last time I did any modding was a while ago for this game, so it'll probably take me the day today to finish it all up. I was also testing that Warrior King mod, which seems interesting but not fully fledged out for GoT (with the duels/extra traits) so maybe I'll look at modifying that too.

Any suggestions for the trait edits? Like I considered adding a slight knowledge bonus for God Amongst Men, in that I figured those individuals would be more likely to train better warriors too.

As far as I remember the learning of a character does not increase the chance of their student ranking up their fighter trait. Also the learning of a character is what impacts their education tier as well. So I would suggest maybe sticking with duel + martial+ attractive + health ? As I cannot think of anything else that would help really :/
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Exakter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 20:33

well maybe I will add in some modifiers for that then. I actually just assumed it was the case. The actual impact of this will naturally be minimal. Its mostly just flavor. Though I've not edited the mod since you implemented the new duel system so perhaps I'll have to be careful.

I'm also going to work on the character list last. (So these will be traits gained in play initially and not already given to anyone)
Exakter

Next

Return to Sub-Mods