Females in tournaments

For specific technical issues and questions.

Females in tournaments

PostPosted by arcanum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17

Hi there,

Firstly, I have been following this mod for some time and would like to express my thanks to the team that have put so much time in to it!

I have finally registered here and would like to ask a question that has bugged me for a while; how do females fight in tourneys? - I am sure I have had it happen in the past and after searching online and also trying to read through the events/tournament file I just can't seem to make sense of it..

Hopefully nothing too difficult but would really like to know the answer!

Thank you very much in advance.
arcanum

Re: Females in tournaments

PostPosted by Vulgard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 17:04

I believe women have to be knights in order to fight in tournaments, but that's just one requirement, I'm not sure about the others.
Vulgard

PostPosted by arcanum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:24

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it doesn't help much as I have tried that and many other traits but so far had no luck.. I assume either it is not possible now or you need some combination of traits?
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Sat Jul 22, 2017 06:05

My ruler is not a knight, but has gotten a few invites. Though she is a Brilliant Strategist and a Formidable Fighter, so something along those lines might be a combination prerequisite.

Looking through the tourney files, I don't see any checks for the events that generate the jousters to specify gender. There's plenty of gender checks for tourney spectator events, but none that I can see for the actual joust competitor round-up. There's some humorous code comments regarding how the system chooses the characters for the Bear And The Maiden Fair, though.

I would assume there is some sort of prerequisite elsewhere that forbids it - maybe the same prerequisite that stops women from becoming commanders? In which case, a knight would pass that check, as would a Lady with sufficient (20?) martial skill.
chosenbyfew

Return to Technical Discussion