Females in tournaments

For specific technical issues and questions.

Females in tournaments

PostPosted by arcanum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17

Hi there,

Firstly, I have been following this mod for some time and would like to express my thanks to the team that have put so much time in to it!

I have finally registered here and would like to ask a question that has bugged me for a while; how do females fight in tourneys? - I am sure I have had it happen in the past and after searching online and also trying to read through the events/tournament file I just can't seem to make sense of it..

Hopefully nothing too difficult but would really like to know the answer!

Thank you very much in advance.
arcanum

Re: Females in tournaments

PostPosted by Vulgard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 17:04

I believe women have to be knights in order to fight in tournaments, but that's just one requirement, I'm not sure about the others.
Vulgard

PostPosted by arcanum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 19:24

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it doesn't help much as I have tried that and many other traits but so far had no luck.. I assume either it is not possible now or you need some combination of traits?
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Sat Jul 22, 2017 06:05

My ruler is not a knight, but has gotten a few invites. Though she is a Brilliant Strategist and a Formidable Fighter, so something along those lines might be a combination prerequisite.

Looking through the tourney files, I don't see any checks for the events that generate the jousters to specify gender. There's plenty of gender checks for tourney spectator events, but none that I can see for the actual joust competitor round-up. There's some humorous code comments regarding how the system chooses the characters for the Bear And The Maiden Fair, though.

I would assume there is some sort of prerequisite elsewhere that forbids it - maybe the same prerequisite that stops women from becoming commanders? In which case, a knight would pass that check, as would a Lady with sufficient (20?) martial skill.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by arcanum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 22:40

Thanks for the help,

Yeah I did read though the tourney file but couldn't find anything much myself, I did try to work it out myself before asking but I am only just starting to play around with files and make my own (pathetically small) mods, so my knowledge is small!

It was a while ago when I managed to get a female into a tourney and since then any female characters i've played have never been invited. I have also made cheat characters to see if I can get them in but I don't think just 'knight' or high martial is doing it.
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Sun Aug 06, 2017 01:23

Found the Important code.
Code: Select all
AND = {
   OR = { #Is either a Lord or liege is a relative
      higher_tier_than = BARON
      liege = {
         NOT = { tier = BARON }
         OR = {
            is_close_relative = PREV
            dynasty = PREV
         }   
      }
   }
   OR = { #Is a knight or a trained fighter
      trait = poor_warrior
      trait = trained_warrior
      trait = skilled_warrior
      trait = master_warrior
      trait = knight
   }                              
}
AND = { #Is an awesome knight
   trait = knight
   OR = {
      trait = master_warrior
      trait = dragon_rider
      trait = kingsguard
      prestige = 300
      trait = skilled_warrior #REGIONAL
   }
}

Note that I forgot to include an OR that surrounds those two base ANDs.
So basically, the only prerequisites that don't require you to have been in a tournament before and won, are either:
-be a relative of the tourney holder and also have one of the 4 warrior traits or the knight trait
-be a knight and master warrior, dragon rider, or kingsguard.
There's also a prestige level that allows you to participate and changes based on the tournament level, and regional tourneys allow skilled warriors, while small tourneys allow skilled warriors and trained warriors.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by arcanum » Thu Aug 17, 2017 09:05

Sorry, didn't notice your reply here!

Thank you for the help, I will give it a test when I next play - just going to wait until the team can release the next version as it isn't very playable for me at the moment.. this jan 1st crash gets a bit tedious after a while! - not that I am complaining, I am happy to wait.

Thanks again for your effort in finding the code, very much appreciated. :D
arcanum

Return to Technical Discussion