Female titles for Small council offices

For specific technical issues and questions.

Female titles for Small council offices

PostPosted by Croix129 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 22:12

Not really a tech issue but more of a question. Is it possible to edit the council position titles by the gender of the monarch and of the holder? For example, if I'm playing as Dany her Castallen should be Hand of the Queen, not King. Similarly, if I appoint a woman as Spymaster she should be Mistress of Whisperers, not Master. Is there any way I can make this happen or does the game not support such intricate changes?
Croix129

Re: Female titles for Small council offices

PostPosted by Croix129 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 06:42

Bump.... anyone have an idea?
Croix129

Re: Female titles for Small council offices

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21

I'm pretty sure there's a localisation file that contains the names of those things. For example, Master-At-Arms is referred to in the game files as "marshal," so there has to be something that turns that into "Master-At-Arms" in game, and for practically everything else there's a localisation entry, so I don't know why job titles wouldn't have them.

You could find those localisation entries."Hand of the King" is probably written exactly like that, so you'd replace that with something like "Hand of the [Root.Liege.GetKingQueen]" if you wanted specifically "Hand of the Queen" or "Hand of the [Root.Liege.GetRulerTitle]" if there were other situations the Hand title applied to. "Master of Whisperers" could be replaced with "[Root.GetMasterMistress] of Whisperers" as that command was helpfully included by the devs. Master-At-Arms could similarly be replaced with "[Root.GetMasterMistress]-At-Arms" Looks like localisation commands don't work in titles. So you can fix the titles that reference the gender of the characters themselves, but not the ones that reference the gender of the liege.

The file you want is mod\A Game of Thrones\localisation\00_got_titles.csv and it actually has separate entries for both male and female job titles. So you could just search for the female job titles and change Master to Mistress directly, for the ones that reference the character themselves.

If you're playing as high valyrian or western valyrian, there's no localisation keys for those included, so they default to the first entry for the chosen government/job (andal, in this case). You can add the keys yourself. I just copied all the ironborn keys and replaced "ironborn" with "high_valyrian" and "western_valyrian" and it seems to have worked.
chosenbyfew

Return to Technical Discussion