House Martel vs. House Martel Blood Feud ? errror?

Report any problems with the mod here

House Martel vs. House Martel Blood Feud ? errror?

PostPosted by ahk528 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 01:21

In the game, in clash of kings and feast for crows bookmark doran has a terrible opinion of his children, and his brothers children and they have a terrible opinion of him! when I went to see why, it said they were in a blood Feud! How?
ahk528

Re: House Martel vs. House Martel Blood Feud ? errror?

PostPosted by knuckey » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15

I cant replicate this. Are you using any submods and are you sure you have the correct versions of CK2 and the mod?
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by richiejames » Mon Jul 17, 2017 04:06

I also noticed this! I think it might be a mac problem, because back when the stormlands was being weird with the rain house king/ no lords and Robert had all the titles I clicked the map mode where you could view lords paramount/kings and Dorne would also be messed up. And starting in say Feast for crows with the current version, I noticed Tommen was there immediately and the stormlands seem fixed, but now Dornes weird still, like there's no high lords in dorne (Dayne etc) the last high lords date to 8283 and then there's no more history , Prince doran holds all titles and he's in a feud with his own family. HOWEVER clicking in and out fixes this issue with Dorne/ but then no events fire/ and also the COAS are really weird idk if that's a mac only problem but like if I choose Robert in the Greyjoy rebellion, he'll start with the Iron borne flag, and then when the flags sort out he gets the flaming stag, and like everyone's flag is like not what it should be like the iron borne flag is the Dornish flag etc
richiejames

PostPosted by ahk528 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 22:54

richiejames wrote:I also noticed this! I think it might be a mac problem, because back when the stormlands was being weird with the rain house king/ no lords and Robert had all the titles I clicked the map mode where you could view lords paramount/kings and Dorne would also be messed up. And starting in say Feast for crows with the current version, I noticed Tommen was there immediately and the stormlands seem fixed, but now Dornes weird still, like there's no high lords in dorne (Dayne etc) the last high lords date to 8283 and then there's no more history , Prince doran holds all titles and he's in a feud with his own family. HOWEVER clicking in and out fixes this issue with Dorne/ but then no events fire/ and also the COAS are really weird idk if that's a mac only problem but like if I choose Robert in the Greyjoy rebellion, he'll start with the Iron borne flag, and then when the flags sort out he gets the flaming stag, and like everyone's flag is like not what it should be like the iron borne flag is the Dornish flag etc

Yeah I made a bug report of this (what you mentioned) happening to Dorne now as well. I haven't gotten a response from them yet though.
ahk528

PostPosted by DCWill » Mon Aug 14, 2017 23:36

Found a work around, haven't fully tested it yet though. Last night, I replaced the Dorne character file and the Dorne ancestor file with ones from 1.1. This fixed the missing characters/history post Agyer Dayne. I launched AFFC and it worked just fine, though you get the Checksum warning. Haven't tested out all the other scenarios though. My hunch then is that something is wrong with the Dorne character history file. An errant "#" or something is causing it to blank out and not generate the proper characters after the deaths of the characters from the Dorne ancestor file.
DCWill

PostPosted by arcanum » Tue Aug 15, 2017 09:29

richiejames wrote:
I also noticed this! I think it might be a mac problem, because back when the stormlands was being weird with the rain house king/ no lords and Robert had all the titles I clicked the map mode where you could view lords paramount/kings and Dorne would also be messed up. And starting in say Feast for crows with the current version, I noticed Tommen was there immediately and the stormlands seem fixed, but now Dornes weird still, like there's no high lords in dorne (Dayne etc) the last high lords date to 8283 and then there's no more history , Prince doran holds all titles and he's in a feud with his own family. HOWEVER clicking in and out fixes this issue with Dorne/ but then no events fire/ and also the COAS are really weird idk if that's a mac only problem but like if I choose Robert in the Greyjoy rebellion, he'll start with the Iron borne flag, and then when the flags sort out he gets the flaming stag, and like everyone's flag is like not what it should be like the iron borne flag is the Dornish flag etc

Would just like to add that yes, this is also the case for me on mac - just tried it and it seems that done is really messed up (on mac).. tried to play as House Dayne and in the last few scenarios they don't exist and you can't play them even with house customiser-extint house. It is also the case there is no lords as Doren holds it all.. greedy man.

Thank you for the potential fix, I will try when I get chance!
arcanum

PostPosted by richiejames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 14:10

DCWill wrote:Found a work around, haven't fully tested it yet though. Last night, I replaced the Dorne character file and the Dorne ancestor file with ones from 1.1. This fixed the missing characters/history post Agyer Dayne. I launched AFFC and it worked just fine, though you get the Checksum warning. Haven't tested out all the other scenarios though. My hunch then is that something is wrong with the Dorne character history file. An errant "#" or something is causing it to blank out and not generate the proper characters after the deaths of the characters from the Dorne ancestor file.

I was able to try this out myself and it seems to be working perfectly thank you! - I've only tried AFFC and Clash of Kings
richiejames

PostPosted by DCWill » Tue Aug 15, 2017 23:46

Running through Ninepenny Kings right now as Maelys. Died but had heirs and the game is still running fine and stable. If I have time (slim chance but a chance) I'll run through the Dorne history file and compare it to 1.1 and see if I can find what is causing the error in the new file.
DCWill

Return to Bug Reports