Tyrion Lannister's children

For any general subject related to the mod

Tyrion Lannister's children

PostPosted by suvantar » Thu Jul 13, 2017 14:48

Has anyone ever figured out what it is that causes Tyrion Lannister to have such unhealthy, infertile, and predisposed to birth defects children?

It's basically been in any game that I've ever seen him have a child and it has always looked like the children that the Lord of Harrenhal has.

You know Health in the 2.0-3.5 range and fertility in the 15%-35% range, often with weak, dull, imbecile or whatnot.

I know I've brought this up before, but I also know that folks do submods and so forth, so someone might have come across something that no one knew about the last time I asked.
suvantar

Re: Tyrion Lannister's children

PostPosted by Andre Massena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 13:40

Isn't the answer pretty obvious?
Andre Massena

PostPosted by suvantar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 20:03

No, it's not. If the answer was obvious, I wouldn't ask the question.
suvantar

PostPosted by mistynick » Sat Jul 15, 2017 19:05

He's a dwarf
mistynick

PostPosted by azaghal » Sat Jul 15, 2017 20:53

And? Children of dwarfs are not prone to be ugly or stupid.
They can be dwarfs themselves, but there's also a chance for them to be normal sized, even if both parents are little people.
azaghal

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 02:28

What are the mothers traits? Is she an imbecile or slow?

Tyrion is both DWARF and UGLY. But a GENIUS
Mother is IMBECILE/SLOW, FAIR and TALL.

Child can end up as Dwarf, Ugly and Imbecile. (All bad)
Child can end up as Tall, Fair and Genius. (All good)

A mix of 1-3 of the traits (IE: Maybe the kid is only tall? Maybe the kid is only dwarf?)
No congenital traits at all.
New congenital traits entirely. IE: Strong/weak

For me, Tyrion's children usually end up as typically average for the entire game. I have noticed that there is generally a higher predisposition towards negative congenital than positive building up.
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by suvantar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 13:40

It never matters who the mother is, just as it never matters who the specific holder of Harrenhal is. I've seen this with Tyrion over multiple playthroughs at a variety of different benchmarks. Even if you start out the benchmark with the child version of Tyrion, when he grows up and marries, even with the normal drift of the character away from his design at the ACOK and AFFC benchmarks, all of the children he has have lower than normal heath, (usually looking as though what the original score was has been halved), lower than normal fertility, (also looking as though it's been halved), and quite often, somewhere around 60-70% with one or more negative congenital traits.

From what I've seen, 'dwarf' isn't even the most common one.

I think I've seen probably upwards of about 70 Tyrion children and of all of them, only 1 or 2 has had a positive congenital trait, but of course, that is also impacted, as you say, by the traits of the mother.
suvantar

PostPosted by kopite » Tue Jul 18, 2017 20:51

azaghal wrote:And? Children of dwarfs are not prone to be ugly or stupid.
They can be dwarfs themselves, but there's also a chance for them to be normal sized, even if both parents are little people.

while you are somewhat correct irl people with dwarfism are more prone to other birth defects and while i wont out an out say there are no pretty dwarfs i will say i have met a ew dwarfs and have yet to be physically attracted to one
kopite

Return to General Discussion