Aegons Conquest - Orys Baratheon marriage event problem

For any general subject related to the mod

Aegons Conquest - Orys Baratheon marriage event problem

PostPosted by Wardy940 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 17:48

Hi everyone
First time using AGOT. I'm starting out as Aegon and I'm subjugating The Stormlands first. How dare they refuse my marriage request!

Anyway, I've beaten them multiple times, including, killing the king in battle and as a prisoner, I just can't seem to get the Orys - Argella marriage event to fire. Is there a specific way I need to do things so he can marry and take over The Stormlands? Reloaded so many times now, it's unbearable.

Thanks
Wardy940

Re: Aegons Conquest - Orys Baratheon marriage event problem

PostPosted by Blackguard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 05:13

Well for me it usually works like this. Jan 1st embark on ships with Dragonstone host, Jan 18th disembark with Aegon at Storm End. Fields of Fire. Then Deploy dragon in siege. 80% chance Argella surivives. :lol: Victory and then shortly event for Orys pops up. He gets the kingdom and the girl and gets legitimized on top of everything, before the end of January
Blackguard

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Fri Jul 14, 2017 08:24

You need to own storms end, orys and the girl must be alive and in your court. The event should then fire after some time.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Daemon Blackfyre » Fri Jul 14, 2017 09:35

Works correcty, Argilac must be killed(or died) during war, even via cheat
War ends inconclusively, event fire after 7-10 days
Daemon Blackfyre

PostPosted by Wardy940 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 15:55

Thanks for the replys. I finally managed to get it to fire. I can't even remember what I did now. After like the 3rd battle in a row of Argilac trying to take my Dragon on and being burnt I finally got him one on one and cut him up. Then it fired after the war ended.

I did restart to a fresh game though instead of just reloading so maybe just a bug? I had one game load up and their was no Orys, searched all characters and he just wasn't there.

Tbh I don't think I'll stick with the Aegon campaign for long, I'm not finding it as interesting I thought it would be. Balerion just kicks ass. I've already conquered Westeros and half of the free cites and such.

Thanks anyway.
Wardy940

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 14:54

Balerion is strong, but is also rather old. Once he dies off the dominations starts to slow down-but dragons remain rather OP. In general there are quite a few events tied with the start, and once your king loses access to bale, things become more interesting since normally the number of dragon riders increases and dance of dragons become ever more likely. Plus some dragons will be tamed by randoms who then go off and try and forge their own kingdom.
Soulbourne

PostPosted by Wardy940 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 15:39

Yeah he's really OP with having over 100 martial. By dance of dragons do you mean the civil war between Aegon II and, was it his sister? I cant quite remember but, I know both claimants died in the war. If it is what your actually talking about. I might just be waffling for no reason.

Do the pre-scripted events kinda die off after you've taken the Iron throne? Like will the Blackfyre rebellion still kick off if I play from the Aegon I bookmark. I was really looking forward to some of cool shit from Westeros history happening and playing it from the very beginning but, this is CK 2. Anything can happen.

I've started a new game as Lord of Oldtown in Roberts rebellion. Seems to be going better. I'm trying to get the Hightowers as the Lord Paramount of The Reach, try to get one of my Daughters married to the king a couple of generations down the line. I'll have to try Aegon again, now I'm abit more used to it.
Wardy940

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 20:00

There are events like moving the high septon to kings landing if your zealous and some other things alongside the rebuilding of KL, but after that it mostly becomes more dynamic. Blackfyre rebellion I dont think is scripted to the point of forming golden company(Which makes me sad too), but bastard children and cadet dynasties unique to the targs still can form and launch claimaint wars, which due to the mega war system will divide the realm unless your just utterly loved by everyone.

Dance of Dragons is the term for when two dragon riders are commanders in a battle on opposite sides and one tries to use field of fire. Rather than launching the field of fire all dragon riders involve deploy into a sky battle determined by a number of factors(Many more in this current release than previous ones) in which dragons and riders both can die horribly in the skies above the land. While bale will dominate most dragon dances while alive no contest, when he dies the other two are less dominant especially as the new dragons grow older and stronger. And eventually they too will die off and leave you with mostly young to mid life dragons scattered about which greatly increases AI ambition and makes them more likely to launch adventurer wars or claimant wars.

If you have invasions turned on, the aztecs and....sothoros people who's name I forget tend to invade with a set of dragons as well and make life interesting. Actually had a sunset invasion hit the north about 5 years after uniting westeros, and thus had the original 3 plus 2 baby dragons held by children because I was lucky. Got extra lucky when the leader of the aztec invasion died and his mid range dragon came to dragonstone and was tamed by a courtier of mine, which gave me a fighting chance against their 15 or so remaining dragons since it was the strongest they had. Had a massive battle on the neck of around 100,000 soldiers each side, 4 or 5 dragons my side and like 15 dragons their side. Beast after beast fell, but they won out at the end of the day with like 2 dragons left alive to my zero. A few eggs and young dragons still scattered about thankfully, so the targs would in theory recover, but was a brutal battle that took nearly a month for all the events to play out as more and more troops from both sides poured into the neck.
Soulbourne

Return to General Discussion