Merchant Republic with vassal merchant republic question.

For any general subject related to the mod

Merchant Republic with vassal merchant republic question.

PostPosted by Sadrithos » Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:42

So, im about 250 years into a game, and myr just somehow won a faction war during an ongoing megawar and have turned the iron throne into a republic. This would be fine, except I am a vassal republic of the iron throne. When this current civil war ends, and i become listed as a vassal again will my game end? I know I cant make vassal republics as a republic, they just seem to form regular non playable republics. Suggestions? I am the head of the republic, if it matters, but my vassal patricians have been collected from around the world, and id rather not lose my fully upgraded palace vassal patricians and stuff by converting to feudal, rather enjoy making ~100 gold a month, dont feel like going back to the 5-10 you get as a feudal.
Sadrithos

Re: Merchant Republic with vassal merchant republic question.

PostPosted by hjkh123 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 15:50

wait and see and reload if it ends your game, if you're on ironman quit playing on ironman
hjkh123

PostPosted by Sadrithos » Fri Jul 14, 2017 16:06

Fair enough, war is at 90%, so ill just save and wait. Ill be bummed if I have to become an emperor, feels like the games events are mostly designed for iron throne, so ive tried to stay a vassal as long as possible, summer sea is mostly just "the place a bunch of pirates come from" and seemingly little else.

In world its pretty nice I guess, rich merchant/alchemist who summons flame monsters, is immortal, and turns lead into gold got sick of mainland westeros garbage and wars, went and took over the summer sea, a place full of exotic trade goods, so as to not deal with winter anymore, live out the rest of his immortality on a tropical island that worships sex, backed by a pirate fleet and a peculiar butterfly infested island, with colonies in magic africa.

Anyway, yeah I guess ill just save and see how it goes, I really hope I dont lose my patricians or anything, I suspect I might just get added onto the other republics patrician families list or something, as to me it makes more sense that the richest merchant in a place would just join the republic, rather than just give up and go home because his boss now agrees with him that money is cool.
Sadrithos

PostPosted by Sadrithos » Fri Jul 14, 2017 16:23

So, what wound up happening, seconds before end of war, my previous liege, who had lost that other war turning iron throne into a republic, created empire of summer sea, because I guess i was still considered her vassal, not the new iron throne leader, so she owns like 1 county near casterly rock, and I control the whole of the empire she claims. Shes got like 1 other vassal over near pentos.

Edit: (Semi related note) Im shocked the iron throne vassals have gone along with this, myr has -80000 gold, so its literally never going to get out of that hole, I give it a year before that republic collapses, then at least I can go back to being a vassal of iron throne, only events I get these days are a vassal of a vassal declaring a pirate mutiny.

Off topic: I wonder if its fun to just play as a pirate, doubt they get many events though.
Sadrithos

PostPosted by Sadrithos » Fri Jul 14, 2017 22:12

So, they had another war, she lost, he took that empire too, and I was forced into feudal by myr winning, robbing me of a great deal of income, so, looks like im reloading and trying to prevent that, guess I have to become an empire. Oh well, maybe running westeros is as fun as being a vassal.
Sadrithos

PostPosted by Soulbourne » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:15

In the mod overthrow monarchies can also create oligarchy governments which can have merchant republic vassals. However, if a merchant republic enforces republic ideals on their liege, it can sometimes be odd how it handles the transfer of power I've found. So no telling what would happen.
Soulbourne

Return to General Discussion