Season 7 Episode 1 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 7 Episode 1 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 03:08

What a nice opening scene, knew what was going on pretty quickly but still nice to see. The Hound seeing Eastwatch by the Sea was a nice foreshadowing, i guess the walkers will destroy it. And the Wildlings will be guarding it. Interesting to see events unfolding with the relationship between Sansa and Jon, and also - Littlefinger. Lannister Greyjoy alliance, what will the gift be? Tyrion? Something else, what else would it be? Nice to see Dragonstone in detail though it looks a little sparsely populated given it should have a civilian population. Ed Sheeran Cameo incredibly obvious XD just glad that those troops were friendly and had a laugh with Arya. Butting heads between Jon and Sansa interesting, also interesting to know the Umber's and Karstarks will indeed keep their lands. Lady Mormont killing it again, tough little blighter. Jorah Mormont at the Citadel with highly developed greyscale, the guy is probably screwed, but maybe he'll get to see Daenerys arrive. Sam found out some secrets about dragonglass thankfully, and a way to tie danny and jon's storylines together since jon will need it from Dragonstone. Bran made it past wall which might mean a reunion between him and jon and sansa, and since arya is heading south, i doubt they'll run into her. Wonder if Bran going through the wall with the Knight's King mark on him means the magic will be dispelled. Also, at the start, zombie giants - shit.

Hound burying the bodies of the farmer and his daughter he stole from, unusual show of... i guess compassion, from the hound.

Next week - Ellaria kissing Yara? Wolf, possibly Nymeria? Someone getting littlefinger up close to a wall and he doesn't look comfortable.
Last edited by Dawnbreaker on Mon Jul 17, 2017 05:24, edited 1 time in total.
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 7 Episode 1 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by stale » Mon Jul 17, 2017 05:21

IMO one of the better season openers. I think the gift might be one of Dany's dragons - does he have the magical horn in the show? I honestly can't remember. If not, it's presumably Tyrion. Who knows with Euron, though.
stale

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 18:41

stale wrote:IMO one of the better season openers. I think the gift might be one of Dany's dragons - does he have the magical horn in the show? I honestly can't remember. If not, it's presumably Tyrion. Who knows with Euron, though.

If he does have the horn it hasn't been shown, I think they have ditched it otherwise they would have shown it in the Kingsmoot.

I liked the Hound burying the bodies a lot, one might even say he makes a good Gravedigger ;)
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Andre Massena » Wed Jul 19, 2017 01:00

Pretty solid. Just bothered me that Dragonstone was inexlicably ungarrisoned
Andre Massena

PostPosted by stale » Wed Jul 19, 2017 02:14

Andre Massena wrote:Pretty solid. Just bothered me that Dragonstone was inexlicably ungarrisoned

And completely unpopulated... and didn't look like Dragonstone at all. I wish they had splurged and at least put in a computer generated mountain somewhere. :P
stale

PostPosted by Helvetti » Thu Jul 20, 2017 00:58

I found it a bit boring, they tried to show everything at once, which made it all too much condensed.

I loved the Clegane scenes though, best part.
Helvetti

Return to Story and Lore