Season 7 Episode 2 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 7 Episode 2 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 03:08

Well, i freadking hate Sansa. Jesus christ, people go on about how she's developed but goddamn, she's just developed into more of an arrogant bitch. To be honest i could care less what happens to her, i just don't want her stupidity hurting Jon and the North MORE. 2 of the sand snakes dead, hooray! One and Ellaria still alive who along with Yara will be the gift to Cersei i guess. After poisoning little Myrcella my guess is Ellaria and her daughter are going to get the Septa Unella treatment "shame, shame, shame". Theon went back to Reek for that one moment but honestly he probably would have just died otherwise if he fought. He might now live on and live to kill Euron :? Good on Sam for trying to save Jorah's life, get the feeling he succeeded, and damn was that scene gross. Lord Tarley however now is faced with the decision to fight with Cersei or with Olenna. Against the "savages" i think he might go with Cersei.

Jon is now going to go see Danny (hooray!) and as i started this with, Sansa being her usual bitchy self. Littlefinger will no doubt take advantage of her stupidity in Jon's absence, and interesting scene with littlefinger and Jon in the catacombs. Cool to see the statue of Ned. Arya runs into Hot Pie again who somehow looks more obese than before even though it's winter and people are starving, she somehow didn't know about all the stuff happening in the North which is hard to believe but ok. She's now abandoning her quest for Cersei and turning North which led to her run in with the only Stark Direwolf still alive. (we all knew it was coming) She'll no doubt miss Jon again, maybe bump into Sansa, maybe bump into the Hound. Grey Worm and Missandei getting it on and i couldn't care less really, attack on Casterly Rock next week will hopefully be awesome.

Oh, and of course some butting heads between Varys and Daenerys reveals a bit more about him i guess, still weird he supported Viserys. New weapon to use against the dragons is reminiscent of the thing they killed Smaug with in the Hobbit. A wind lance. Shame about Balerion's head. Desecration

And how could i forget Melisandre!
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 7 Episode 2 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 04:55

Would have liked to see Lord Cerwyn and Lord Manderly (from last season), as well as more of Alys Karstark (could see her red hair behind Jon when he decided to tell everyone he was going south) and Ned Umber but I think for the most part the northern politicking is done and even the little bear and Lord Glover are going to disappear from the show. Also besides Littlefinger, is Bronze Yohn the only Vale lord left at Winterfel? Also expected more from the Jon and Littlefinger scene, like how Littlefinger betrayed Ned and how Littlefinger gave Sansa to the Boltons. Every time a Stark goes south something bad happens to the family (even in Roberts Rebellion, Lyanna died) I guess it's a good thing Jon hasn't legitimized himself so he's still a Snow.

As a side not I found it funny that Theon Greyjoy is on team Daenerys and was the guy who provoked Robb into calling the northern banners to begin with in season one, he even hailed him as King in the North with the Greatjon and Maege Mormont before he went home and switched teams, in the same episode he sees his sister get captured and falls back into his Reek character bailing on someone else who was counting on him (but rally idk what Asha/Yara thought he could do in that situation that would end in her being alive). Edit: also the battle scene was dark but Eurons Axe looked pretty neat, was it Valyrian Steel? and since he was wearing armor that had the Greyjoy sigil on it I'm assuming he doesn't have his Valyrian Steel Armour and that axe was to make up for it.

the water battle was good shit, happy that two sand snakes bit it, though personally I would have liked to see whichever one Jessica Henwick was playing stay alive rather than the other one. We knew Dany had to confront Varys at some point so I was fine w/ it, also was fine w/ Arya meeting up w/ Hot Pie and Nymeria though I think that interpretation from the writers is bullshit. Also Ghost is still alive, they just don't have the budget to add him every episode. Also from the trailers we knew the Messandei and Grey Worm scene was coming, just glad it's over with and they probably now figure they have fulfilled HBO's titty quota for half the season.

I'm not ok w/ Lord Tarly joining yet another losing side, Sams dad may be a dick and may not like "savages" but Sam has claimed Gilly's baby as his own which means he already has "savages" in his family whether he likes it or not. Also, like he said House Tarly means something, it's an honorable house, they wouldn't just turn on their liege lord even if the show has bastardized how inheritance works and they didn't want to include Willas or Garlan so that means Olenna is his liege...who even where those other lords? none of them other than Lord Tarly's pin had any sigils so I couldn't tell who was even thinking about joining team Cersei.

EDIT: on the desecration of Balerion, I agree, wtf Dan and Dave couldn't come up with something better than what happened in the Hobbit? he also acts as though this is the first weapon of it's kind. Ballista's had been commonly used in medieval warfare even in this universe, it's what kills Meraxes when Aegon tried to conquer Dorne, Qyburn didn't create anything new and didn't discover something that shouldn't have already been known. Also Drogon wasn't fully grown in the dragon pits in Meereen how can he just build a single weapon that should have already been on every rampart of Kings Landing and basically say "ah ha I give you a dragon killing machine, I'm useful", Drogon and the other dragons if they are now fully grown should be impervious to shit like that unless it hits them in the eye and it's not like your going to have someone like Anguy or Bard (from the Hobbit) manning every single weapon.
Azsouth

PostPosted by green1905 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 02:07

For the record Jon is a Targaryen.
Also Cregan Stark rode down south during the dance of dragons and came back after his days of serving as hand of the king.

The only thing I cant understand is why Nymeria refused Arya. Its always said there was a special relationship between direwolfes and their owners like sharing feeling and other stuff so didnt liked the way they filmed it.

The show will never come up to the books so we cant be to much disappointed by the fact they try to keep the cast small and not involve every lord or high lord in it but as it was said it a HUGE disappointment dont involving Garlan or Willas !
But if they would be in the show there wouldnt be any question about Lord Tarlys loyalty.
And now it begins.
No. Now it ends.
green1905

PostPosted by stale » Tue Jul 25, 2017 06:54

green1905 wrote:For the record Jon is a Targaryen.
Also Cregan Stark rode down south during the dance of dragons and came back after his days of serving as hand of the king.

The only thing I cant understand is why Nymeria refused Arya. Its always said there was a special relationship between direwolfes and their owners like sharing feeling and other stuff so didnt liked the way they filmed it.

The show will never come up to the books so we cant be to much disappointed by the fact they try to keep the cast small and not involve every lord or high lord in it but as it was said it a HUGE disappointment dont involving Garlan or Willas !
But if they would be in the show there wouldnt be any question about Lord Tarlys loyalty.

I was very upset by the Nymeria/Arya stuff but after rewatching and reflecting on it for a while my personality theory is that, since the wolves are counterparts to their Stark partner, when Arya said "No. That's not you." she was talking about how it wouldn't be fitting to Nymeria's character to return home; I don't think Arya is going to go North anymore after that interaction and will take it as a sign she needs to continue on her path of vengeance.
stale

Return to Story and Lore