Custom House, How To?

For specific technical issues and questions.

Re: Custom House, How To?

PostPosted by arcanum » Mon Sep 04, 2017 22:40

Ok, actually scrap that I have actually managed all that and created a custom house with a unlanded title and custom coa (well, in truth I stole the one off lancelotloire for house drace for the time being until I create my own... thank you and sorry lancelot)!

One thing I would like to know is how salatrin managed to destroy his unlanded title, I mean I can see the code he posted but if anyone could please explain a little more?

So far I have created a small 4 person dynasty which is based in century of blood and the plot is about a converted Valyrian couple (incest ofc) who lost their dragons in the doom but were in Pentos and got converted to R'hllor and created a host with the idea to take the religion to Westerosi soil (so obviously I pinched the code regarding using spicer town etc..)!

Anyway, the problem is that although my dynasty contains 4 people the mother appears both as the spouse of the dead father and also at the side (unconnected to the tree) AND the game seems to randomly spawn another child, it seems always at 13 years old. Anyway, I will post the script.. sorry for the cheaty stats and it is a work in progress:

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
### HOUSE VELTARIS ###

78033 = {
   name="Aegon"
   dynasty=210015

religion = valyrian_rel
   culture="high_valyrian"

add_trait="master_warrior"

7809.1.1={birth="7809.1.1"}
   7850.1.1={add_spouse=78036}
   7879.1.1={death="7879.1.1"}
}
78036 = {
   name="Aelinor"
   dynasty=210015
   female=yes

dna="cjkcfrmlaak"
   properties="0j0dbk00000000"

martial = 2
   diplomacy = 10
   intrigue = 1
   stewardship = 5
   learning = 5

religion = valyrian_rel
   culture="high_valyrian"

add_trait="kind"
   add_trait="fair"

7810.1.1={birth="7810.1.1"}
   7850.1.1={add_spouse=78033}
   7879.1.1={add_trait "widowed"}
   7890.1.1={death="7889.1.1"}
}
78034 = {
   name="Viserra"
   dynasty=210015
   female=yes

dna="cjkcfrmlaak"
   properties="0j0dbk00000000"

martial = 8
   diplomacy = 9
   intrigue = 1
   stewardship = 19
   learning = 5

religion="rhllor"
   culture="high_valyrian"

add_trait="twin"
   add_trait="strong"
   add_trait="genius"
   add_trait="honorable"
   add_trait="fair"
   add_trait="chosen_by_rhllor"

disallow_random_traits = yes

father=78033
   mother=78036

7869.1.1={
         birth="7869.1.1"
      }
      7885.1.1={
         add_spouse=78035
      }
      7950.1.1={
         death="7950.1.1"
      }

7886.1.1 = {
effect = {
if = { limit = { NOT = { year = 8301 } }
set_character_flag = duchy_adventurer
character_event = { id = rhllor.1 }
}

if = {
limit = { has_landed_title = b_spicertowers }
b_spicertowers = { k_pentos = { holder_scope = { gain_title = PREVPREV } } }
}
}
}
}
78035 = {
   name="Raelarr"
   dynasty=210015

dna="ryviqnitzvs"
   properties="0jafjh00000000"

martial = 14
   diplomacy = 9
   intrigue = 1
   stewardship = 9
   learning = 5

religion="rhllor"
   culture="high_valyrian"

add_trait="twin"
   add_trait="strong"
   add_trait="genius"
   add_trait="just"

disallow_random_traits = yes

father=78033
   mother=78036

7869.1.1={
         birth="7869.1.1"
      }
      7885.1.1={
         add_spouse=78034
      }
      7950.1.1={
         death="7941.1.1"
      }
}

If anyone could help then it would be greatly appreciated as I have tried to look online but to no avail thus far!
arcanum

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 22:49

You have to give them a parent to link them properly on the dynasty tree.

RE: Landless title, setup an event to destroy it when you are sufficient rank so if you are a real tier count or up. Code would be something like
Code: Select all
namespace = destroy_d_title
character_event = {
id = destroy_d_title.0
is_triggered_only = yes
hide_window = yes
trigger = {
higher_real_tier_than = BARON
has_landed_title = <d_special_title>
}

immediate = {
activate_title = { title = <d_special_title> status = no }
<d_special_title> = {
destroy_landed_title = ROOT
}
}
SinStar87

PostPosted by arcanum » Mon Sep 04, 2017 23:21

Thank you sinstar (also thanks for your mods...!) actually after I posted I was writing in parents to see if that made a difference, although I had made a mistake and then saw you had posted so I will continue!

So the code you posted, does it go in the char text also?

Thanks
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Tue Sep 05, 2017 00:04

The code he posted is an event, so it would go in the events folder. You'd have to name the file properly. I'm not sure if a titular title would count as a landed title in terms of code that would destroy it, since I don't have access to the game files at the moment. Also not sure if you have to activate the title to destroy it. But as Sin said, that's pretty much what it'd look like.

The dynasty tree will be weird because both of those spouses are spawned separately on the family tree, and then on marriage they are linked together. So the wife will have an entry as spouse of the husband, and will have her own entry as well because she is also part of that dynasty independently of the husband. Linking them via a dead parent would "solve" it, as would removing her from the dynasty. (Linking them via dead parent would still show her twice, it would just put her next to the husband, under the parent.) Make sure you create only one parent for them that is actually of that dynasty, otherwise you'll get the same problem of having an unlinked character on the dynasty page. Either give them no mother, or have the mother be a character from a different dynasty (or the NONE dynasty).
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 13:55

Epicmarkvan wrote:Beautiful work there, man. I went a different path, though. I took a look at the Congenital Overhaul mod and I used his method where he basically created a barony under an existing county for the character to hold. So I can't exactly directly select them at game start, or play them really, but it's working! Now I just need to figure out how to get my custom Coat of Arms in...cause I really like it.

I think I did a good job with it, for an amateur. I felt like the North was missing any Valyrians, so my house is Westerosi Valyrians who worship the Old Gods and descend from a Blackfyre bastard.

EDIT: Figured out how to do the Coat of Arms. There's a file under interface that you need to path it to.

EDIT TAKE 2:SCRATCH THAT, nope. It's just coming up grey now....ugh.

Hello,
I also created a high Valyrian family in the north, but each time the patriarch changes culture for northman, what is the file to modify?
thank you !
BlackfyreRulz

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Wed Sep 06, 2017 19:09

If the patriarch starts off as High Valyrian and then changes after game start, then... for players it's a decision, but I think for the AI it's an on_yearly_pulse (or other on_action, but probably yearly) event, so you'd edit that event. I don't remember what event it was, but it would be in the common/on_actions/00_on_actions.txt file.

If the patriarch starts off as Northman, then you're gonna want to change the character history file.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by arcanum » Wed Sep 06, 2017 23:14

Sorry to be a pain but I am really struggling with the coats of arms and I cannot work out if it is because of the dynamic coa or just that I have messed up the regular coa files - basically it seems that all the COA's in Westeros are now wrong, well at least the main houses, e.g. Durranadon is showing Martell arms, Martell is showing Greyjoy arms etc

I really have tried to work this out for myself and re-done all of my files from scratch but still this persists and is likely something simple for someone that knows these things!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=91633893273527892028

If anyone one has a spare few minutes and would be kind enough to have a quick browse then I would appreciate it very much as I would really like to mess much more with this and experiment with different things but this has me a little stumped right now - also, I tried to follow the guide by chosenbyfew on dynamic_coa but I am not sure if I did the end part correct as I wanted to try to make it independent...

Thank you in advance.... :oops:
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Wed Sep 06, 2017 23:25

I find it weird that they'd be getting the wrong pictures. It's not like it's an array off-by-one error or something, the dynasty numbers point directly to the files, so unless the dynasty numbers changed or the file names of the COA province flags changed, there shouldn't be anything that would affect the existing families.

I'm at work for the next few hours, but I'll give it a look when I get home.

EDIT: oh it seems my phone has a capable text viewer.
I didn't see anything that would prompt the issue you mentioned in the files you included. The files that override the base mods weren't modified to the extent they would've had to be in order to cause such a sweeping change like that, and none of the additional files made changes to the existing families. I'll take another look from my computer later.

EDIT2: This doesn't fix your problem, but Raegaris, character 78037, has his dynasty listed as 21005, while the other Veltaris' dynasty is 210015. I'll keep looking for your problem.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by arcanum » Thu Sep 07, 2017 00:12

Ah no rush, I appreciate any advise you can give whenever is convenient for yourself.

I noticed that I had not changed the name of two files:

common/scripted_effects/dynamic_coa_effects.txt
&
events/dynamic_coa_events.txt

So I have renamed them with a '1' at the end... all for simplicity... anyway, that still hasn't cured it so I will keep checking and hope that I can solve it but I must admit I know almost nothing about any of this and I am learning as I go here!

Here is a screenshot of what it is doing, and it is certainly just my mod as if I disable it then it works fine, also just in case I deleted AGOT 1.5 and redownloaded a fresh copy, just in case.. anyway:

*edit* Thanks for the heads up on the dynasty id there, and yes actually the character history file is a mess as I originally made this for century of blood and so obviously all the events were used with an earlier character - hence the duplication.. and to be honest I am only really trying to make this mod to try to learn a little about HOW to mod this game as I have played for years and never bothered... haha
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Sep 07, 2017 00:43

I noticed your event dynamic_coa.01 was calling the base mod event dynamic_coa.1

As I'm still doing this on my phone, I don't have immediate access to the base dynamic_coa.1 event and I can't remember if dynamic_coa.1 was the global coa initialization event or the one that sets title flags.

Your event needs to call the one that sets title flags. If it calls the global coa initialization, then you have one global coa initialization (from your submod) calling the base mod's global coa initialization, which is pretty useless. I don't feel like that's the case, since you probably copy-pasted the base global coa initialization event and just changed the dynasties and global flags, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

Did I say global coa initialization enough? I don't feel like I said global coa initialization enough. Global coa initialization.

EDIT: based on the image, I've got a good idea of what's going wrong. Specifically, it doesn't look like they're getting coa flags, it looks like they're getting other title flags. Example, the Iron Isles has the Vale flag - not the Arryn coa, the actual Vale kingdom flag. None of those incorrect flags is a coa, they're all other kingdom flags. I won't be able to do this one from my phone (big surprise, that) so it'll be a few hours before I can get back to you again on this.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by arcanum » Thu Sep 07, 2017 01:12

No problem at all, I am going to bed now anyway whilst I try to digest all this as it is baffling my head! And no need to apologise for repeating yourself, I think it makes you sound awfully clever, I must make a note to slip 'Global coa initialisation' into my everyday conversation more often.. !

Yeah I was wondering if it was my positioning of my coa related text that was causing the problem and causing all the arms to jump one or something but I couldn't work out where the problem was actually located. Anyway, I won't get round to attempting this again until after work tomorrow regardless so no rush and again, I appreciate any help that you have given/can give.

On that note I will sleep on it and no doubt dream about misplaced coats of arms and global coa initialisation and look forward to returning to this at some point tomorrow!

Cheers!
arcanum

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Sep 07, 2017 03:59

Okay, so, I'm pretty sure I'm still off the mark on what's causing it, but I've come across a few things:

history/characters/veltaris.txt file:
78037 (Raegaris) has religion valyrian-rel when it should be valyrian_rel
78037 (Aelinor) needs a new character id. Raegaris already took that number. I used 78036. I then had to change every "mother=78037" to "mother=78036" and also 78033's spouse tag to "spouse=78036". You also need to change 'add_trait widowed' to 'add_trait=widowed' for her.
78034 (Viserra) has a few brackets missing. An open bracket after '7886.1.1 = ', a second closing bracket after 'add_claim=c_castamere}' and a second closing bracket after 'death="7950.1.1"}'. You can also consolidate both 7886.1.1 scopes into a single set of brackets. If you do, you can then consolidate both effect scopes into a single set of brackets.
78035 (Raelarr) has a 7950.1.1 scope setting that sets 7941.1.1 as his death date. Should probably reconcile that.
78040 (Rhaenor) has a few brackets missing. An open bracket after '7996.1.1 = ', a second closing bracket after 'add_claim=c_castamere}' and a second closing bracket after 'death="8051.1.1"}'. You can also consolidate both 7996.1.1 scopes into a single set of brackets. If you do, you can then consolidate both effect scopes into a single set of brackets.

dynamic_coa_events.txt does need to be renamed, since you're only adding events there.
dynamic_coa_effects.txt should stay the same name, since that's an override file. There's no real way to make that an independent file unless you completely rewrite dynamic_coa.1 for yourself.

Your history/titles/b_spicertowers.txt has the right names but some funky dates. People are getting assigned as rulers during times they weren't alive.

Your history/titles/d_rhllor_host.txt has a funky date. 78040 is getting the title almost a hundred years before she was born. I figure it should say 7996 (not 7886 like it does now).

That's all stuff I found just by looking at the files. I never actually managed to get the submod to load. It always crashed at "Inviting you to a wedding".

As painful as it sounds, I'd suggest you rewrite the mod from the ground up. Make sure that whenever you open a bracket, you close it immediately, before even putting anything into the brackets. I really get the feeling that there's more missing brackets in there that I missed that are causing the crashing. I'd run it through the Validator, except I've never gotten the blasted thing working.
chosenbyfew

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion