Artifact Modding

For specific technical issues and questions.

Artifact Modding

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:59

I'm looking to make a sub-mod that changes the Valyrian weapons and armors from traits into artifacts, both because I feel like it's more thematically appropriate and because that way there's a way to obtain the existing ones outside of inheritance, by taking them from defeated enemies (which I am pretty sure is in the base mod, but after battle-dueling every single member of the Corbrays and not getting Lady Forlorn, I got annoyed :lol: ) I'm basically looking to recreate the functions of the original traits as-is.

I've got them created but I'm looking for two things:
1) A command that can change a non-flag property of an artifact
---specifically, changing indestructible = yes so that I can destroy Ice when Tywin melts it down into Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper
2) A command that can change the owner of an artifact
---EDIT: this command is remove_artifact = [artifactname] HURR DURR I SWEAR I'M NOT DUMB

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
chosenbyfew

Re: Artifact Modding

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07

1) Not possible right now
2) transfer_artifact might be what you are looking for, it changes the owner
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Jul 27, 2017 13:00

Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah, the main issue is with Ice, I was looking for a way to get around setting indestructible, since that's the easiest way to keep artifacts from being destroyed on usurpation. I'll have to test to see if remove_artifact bypasses that, but I'm pretty sure it does, since the documentation says indestructible only affects destroy_artifact.

Thanks for transfer_artifact, though, it really helps. I was going to use add_artifact and remove_artifact as part of the valyrian sword gifting, the way the traits do, but transfer_artifact would probably be easier.

I'm not seeing any documentation on transfer_artifact. For a targeted decision, would it just be
"artifact scope" = { FROM = { transfer_artifact = { to = ROOT } } }?
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 13:45

remove_artifact isn't a command

In an artifact scope do:
transfer_artifact = { to = new_holder from = old_holder }

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Jul 27, 2017 15:17

That... is a true statement. I went back to look for it because I swear I saw it, but a full scour of the entirety of the game files for everything "_artifact" popped up no way of removing artifacts other than "destroy_artifact". I must just be really tired.

Thanks for transfer_artifact's usage. Do you know if it's possible to transfer an artifact to a dead character? I've noticed that artifacts are all either transferred or destroyed on death, but I haven't yet seen evidence of trying to directly transfer an artifact to a dead character as a means to get rid of it.

Or maybe I could create a new_character, transfer an artifact to it, and then kill it - not related or vassalized to anyone, would the artifact just fall off? Or is a new_character actually related to whatever scope you create it in? (thus meaning that wouldn't work)
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 17:39

As of next patch there will be an unsafe_destroy_artifact effect that ignores if an artifact is indestructible.

Your option for now is to make the artifact not indestructible and then use an on_death even to transfer the artifact with the transfer_artifact command

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 01:26

Is there any news on a release date for that patch? I don't have access to the Paradox forums anymore and haven't found any info elsewhere on a possible release date. I remember reading the AGOT dev team was preparing v1.6 for after that came out, so I figure I might just wait to do any stuff that directly modifies any AGOT mod files and stick to the stuff I'm adding.
chosenbyfew

Return to Technical Discussion