Century of blood - House Goode

For any general subject related to the mod

Century of blood - House Goode

PostPosted by Pageman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 04:43

I suggest giving the Blue Fork lordship to house Goode in the century of blood mod scenario, maybe even in the main mod.

House Goode members were on the first Kingsguard, they must had the resources to train two exceptional knights.
Pageman

Re: Century of blood - House Goode

PostPosted by zebraguy24 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 01:16

You don't have to be highborn to be an exceptional knight. Look at Ser Duncan the Tall he was just a little boy from flea bottom and he went on to become the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. There are plenty of hedge knights in the ASOIAF universe, so a few of them being a cut above the rest is likely.
zebraguy24

PostPosted by Shades of Darkness » Tue Aug 01, 2017 13:31

"House Goode is a noble house from Westeros. A number of members of the Kingsguard have been chosen from this house over the course of Westerosi history." from http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Goode
Shades of Darkness

PostPosted by SBerger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 13:03

I wouldn't call Duncan the Tall an exceptional fighter. He only survived the Tourney of Ashford thanks to the Prince Baelor Breakspear, and in the Trial of Seven, barley beat Aerion in single combat, then got beat in Whitewall. His single combat against Ser Lucas was also very close. He's a good fighter, using his strength and height to his advantage, but not on the level of Ser Arthur Dayne or Daemon Blackfyre. They were exceptional fighters.
SBerger

PostPosted by Andre Massena » Sun Aug 06, 2017 07:26

Well we only know about when he was an untrained hedgeknight.
Andre Massena

PostPosted by MBjarno » Sun Aug 06, 2017 13:53

Also remember there is a difference between being a brilliant jouster like Loras Tyrell, and a brilliant warrior. Both are excellent knights.

Duncan was known to excel in combat, not jousting where he matched the Lucas Longinch, he also beat Black Tommard Heddle in single combat. He was a poor jouster by his own admission after all, and this is just in his poor hedge knight years.

As for House Goode, I always support something that gets more houses with customised coat of arms, so I am for it!
MBjarno

Return to General Discussion