Game crashes whilst loading

For specific technical issues and questions.

Game crashes whilst loading

PostPosted by Jimmy123 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 13:29

installed everything to the instructions, but when loading in the game crashes as the loading bar says "Charge"

CK2 V: 2.7.1
Mod V: 1.5
Game checksum: BPAH
Mod Checksum: YLFI ZLFI

Game works perfectly for vanilla and other mods, my computer is windows 10, ive tried comptability mode, my computer has more than enough processing power - 16gb ram, nvdia processor, 3.8ghz clock speed, does anyone know what the issue is? Ive tried a bunch of methods i found on this forums - help plz
Jimmy123

Re: Game crashes whilst loading

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Aug 10, 2017 02:24

You wouldn't be able to see your mod checksum unless you got in-game, and your game will only use one of the two 4-letter checksums depending on whether or not you have a certain DLC installed (I forget which one).

If vanilla runs fine, then it's an issue with how the game is loading the mod's files. Your best bet is to reinstall the mod.

Go to your documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ folder and run unins000.exe (or delete everything labeled AGOT or A Game Of Thrones, if you don't have an unins000.exe) and then re-download the v1.5 installer exe off of moddb and run it.
chosenbyfew

Return to Technical Discussion