Dragons, Bright and Dark (A House Targaryen AAR)

Post your mod AARs and stories here

Dragons, Bright and Dark (A House Targaryen AAR)

PostPosted by JDSweet » Sun Aug 06, 2017 14:27

Last edited by JDSweet on Mon Aug 07, 2017 15:15, edited 3 times in total.
JDSweet

Re: Dragons, Bright and Dark (A House Targaryen AAR)

PostPosted by JDSweet » Sun Aug 06, 2017 14:29

Prelude:

And so his grace, Maekar of the House Targaryen, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm passed into the arms of the Seven in 232 AC.

His will stated that his eldest living son, Aerion the Monstrous should succeed him, but that prince had predeceased his father by a year, leaving only an infant son by his cousin, Princess Daenora Targaryen.

Not wanting the son of a madman and former rival to succeed to the throne, Bloodraven stormed the capital and assumed the Handship by force, resolving to call a Great Council. However, Lord Jasper Arryn, a cousin of Prince Maegor through his mother's line, gathered a group of loyal men and stormed the capital mid-proceedings, sending Bloodraven to the Wall for treason, crowning the infant Maegor as king, and assuming the regency for himself.

Prince Aegon, infuriated, as he would have been the de facto heir as the eldest living son of the deceased king, started gathering a faction around himself to press his claim to the throne.

Ravens began to fly for what was preparing to become the worst civil war since the Dance of the Dragons. Lord Baratheon, Tyrell, Martell, and Tully promised to support Aegon, should he press his claim, and Lords Arryn and Stark mobilized and sent men to the Crownlands to support King Maegor II. Both sides were ready to come to blows, but disaster was averted thanks to the skilled diplomacy of the Hand.

An agreement was reached in which Lord Jasper Arryn would serve as Regent during Maegor's minority, and Prince Aegon would be appointed the Handship. It was agreed that when Maegor turned six he would be sent to squire for Lord Paramount Lyonel Baratheon. To seal the pact, Prince Maegor was betrothed to Aegon's daughter Rhaelle, his mother Daenora was betrothed to the heir of the Stormlands, Lord Ormund Baratheon, Princess Daella would be wed to Prince Alberyn of Dorne, and Princess Rhae would be wed to Lord Gunthor Tyrell.

Prince Aemon Targaryen, who had returned to King's Landing from Dragonstone following the death of Prince Daeron the Drunken, would serve as Grand Maester and would oversee that the pact was upheld. And so disaster was averted, and a new king crowned. But many worried that King Maegor would be as bad or worse than his father and namesake. And with the Blackfyre threat still looming across the Narrow Sea, a mad king could result in the overthrow of the Targaryen dynasty in favor of their illegitimate cousins. The family had never before been on so thin ice as it was after the succession crisis of 233 AC, and a strong king would be required to keep the realm stable.

Notes:

I am using the More Decisions, Torture and Rape, and DLC Portraits submod (though DLC portraits seems to be bugging out in my latest games).

House rules:

I must roleplay my characters to the best of my ability. So martial kings lead armies, cruel kings do cruel shit, and great kings die in outrageous accidents before they assume the throne (just kidding, I miss Baelor Breakspear). The game ends whenever the (male) Line of the Lost Dragon ends. So if the Great Plague breaks out and kills me on year 1 before I produce heirs, I will not continue the AAR as my uncle Aegon.

Console: I'll be using it to ensure I make it past year 1, but after Maegor has his first son whatever happens happens. I'll also use it to create succession crisises and such to keep the game interesting.

Dragons: They are OP as fuck, so I will be very, very hesitant to hatch eggs.

Inbreeding: Mandatory, though a few alliances to remain in power might be necessary. All my characters should either have the "Abomination of Incest" or "grandchild of incest." Modifier to keep things interesting.

Updates: I'll shoot for one a week, though I can't guarantee that frequency. It's my senior year in highschool and with marching band season beginning I will be pretty booked.
Last edited by JDSweet on Mon Aug 07, 2017 15:19, edited 2 times in total.
JDSweet

Re: Line of the Lost Dragon (A House Targaryen AAR)

PostPosted by AWildWightAppeared! » Mon Aug 07, 2017 03:42

Hey, this looks real interesting! I'll be sure to keep an eye out!

I once did a Maegor II playthrough and rolled to see what traits I got. I got a 95 and gave Maegor strong and attractive. In my head he was the Young Dragon reborn. And then he got brave, formidable fighter, brilliant strategist and the nickname as well and I was so proud... Then I was assasinated at 18.
AWildWightAppeared!

Re: Line of the Lost Dragon (A House Targaryen AAR)

PostPosted by JDSweet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 05:32

AWildWightAppeared! wrote:Hey, this looks real interesting! I'll be sure to keep an eye out!

I once did a Maegor II playthrough and rolled to see what traits I got. I got a 95 and gave Maegor strong and attractive. In my head he was the Young Dragon reborn. And then he got brave, formidable fighter, brilliant strategist and the nickname as well and I was so proud... Then I was assasinated at 18.

Thank you good sir! As a side note I did five Maegor attractive since Aerion was said to be fair to look at in his younger years. As a side note, if you don't mind me asking, did you read my True Dragons AAR?
JDSweet

Re: Fire, Bright and Dark (A House Targaryen AAR)

PostPosted by AWildWightAppeared! » Mon Aug 07, 2017 07:59

Yes I did! Quite the enjoyable read. And Jon Targaryen's stats.
AWildWightAppeared!

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)