Game keep crashing on the same date

For specific technical issues and questions.

Game keep crashing on the same date

PostPosted by wololo38 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 01:02

Hello,

I'm using the latest version of this wonderful mod (2.7.1)
With the Submod : Westeros and friends
Checksum : NVKB

I've been playing on this save for about a week but since today, whenever i get the the 6th of october the game crashes.

- I've tried to load an earlier autosave but it still crashes
- This bug does not seem to happen when i start a new game

Thank you.
wololo38

Re: Game keep crashing on the same date

PostPosted by wololo38 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 01:09

Save : http://www.mediafire.com/file/0lx74cw4g ... _09_02.ck2

Submod : topic13718.html

Sorry for double post, i was not allowed to post a link on my first one.
wololo38

PostPosted by chosenbyfew » Thu Aug 10, 2017 02:14

If I were you, here's what I'd do:
1) Play that save until October 5th (the day before it crashes) and then save in a new, uncompressed file.
1.5) Create a backup copy of that save
2) Open that save in a text editor
3) Search for the phrase "days=1" - it should bring you to a section labeled "delayed_event" with an event= followed by the event name in quotes. That is a delayed event that is going to be fired on October 6th (days=1 means it's an event that'll fire in one day, on October 6th)

There are likely to be a ton of different events that fire on October 6th. Frankly, the number of events the game fires per day is kind of staggering. But based on the fact that it always crashes on October 6th, it doesn't crash on October 6th in a new game, it always happens on the same day even when you load a save from a month back, and the fact that October 6th is a very random day (i.e. not the start of a month or year) leads me to believe it's an event that's crashing you, and not, say, an AI decision or a battle result (which would very likely re-randomize ever month).

Once you have a list of all the delayed_event = { ... } blocks that are going to fire the next day, I'd just start deleting them, one by one, and reloading the save until it doesn't crash. You'll have to make sure you're deleting the right amount of code, though.

If you manage to get it to work, check the event= line of the last delayed_event you deleted to see which event it was, then tell the dev of Westeros and Friends that that event was crashing you, and that stopping the event stopped the crashes, so he can look into it.

If that's too much work, the best I can suggest is to uninstall Westeros and Friends. Troubleshooting sub-mods is always difficult, especially one that changes as many things as Westeros and Friends.
chosenbyfew

PostPosted by Minrathous » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:03

I have this same issue, and the date varies from game to game. It was hard stuck on July 26th, made a new save, now February 2nd. I wish I could play the mod.
Minrathous

Return to Technical Discussion