Offmap Realms in AGoT?

For any general subject related to the mod

Offmap Realms in AGoT?

PostPosted by Pekay » Mon Aug 07, 2017 23:00

Hey guys!

The next expansion will add the feature of creating several offmap realms to the game. Do you think this could be used in the AGoT mod? Are there any offmap realms that should be covered? Especially asking the dev team whether they have planned something. Since blackninja was involved into adding this feature into the main game at paradox, he certainly spent some thoughts on possibilities for this mod.

I asked myself whether the Lands of Always Winter could be such a realm. Being the big threat in the north, the Others actually never disappeared completely, but fled into the offmap Lands of Always Winter. Do you have any other ideas or is this feature just not compatible with this mod?
Pekay

Re: Offmap Realms in AGoT?

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 23:02

Hard to tell without knowing how it'll work in-game.
StoneWallace17

PostPosted by Lord_Verkos » Tue Aug 08, 2017 01:13

Most countries that we are aware of are on the map already, to my knowledge. Though I guess Mossovy, the Thousand Islands, or Carcosa could be used, but we know very little about these places. However, depending on how it is done and set up I wonder if it might be able to change it to fit the Iron Bank rather than a country. I think that may work better. Again, totally dependent on how it is implemented.
Lord_Verkos

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 02:07

Lord_Verkos wrote:Most countries that we are aware of are on the map already, to my knowledge. Though I guess Mossovy, the Thousand Islands, or Carcosa could be used, but we know very little about these places. However, depending on how it is done and set up I wonder if it might be able to change it to fit the Iron Bank rather than a country. I think that may work better. Again, totally dependent on how it is implemented.

Ooh yeah, nonplayable entities like the Iron Bank and maybe the Faceless Men could be interesting, depending on the mechanics.

Maybe religious heads like the High Septon or the High Priest of R'hllor?
StoneWallace17

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 09:16

The religious heads are on the map though...
Graduate Content Designer on Crusader Kings 2

If a post is edited in this colour then it was done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines Sub-Mod
More Decisions Sub-Mod
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
Duel Recorder
More Bookmarks
blackninja9939

PostPosted by Enriador » Tue Aug 08, 2017 16:55

The Iron Bank is actually a great suggestion! I can picture "Tributaries" and "Peace Deals" becoming "Debtors" and "Supported Claimants".

The Faceless Men are more like a Society though.
Enriador

PostPosted by knuckey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 13:52

This wont be utilised in the main mod, mainly because the whole map is already included and so there are no off map realms to add.

However, it will perhaps prove useful in the Westeros Only submod!
knuckey
Site Admin

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 19:36

blackninja9939 wrote:The religious heads are on the map though...

Right. I was thinking just more in terms of the interface and what it could possibly add. But I do have no idea how it will work.
StoneWallace17

PostPosted by Enriador » Thu Aug 10, 2017 23:03

knuckey wrote:This wont be utilised in the main mod, mainly because the whole map is already included and so there are no off map realms to add.

However, it will perhaps prove useful in the Westeros Only submod!

Sad news. I still believe the Iron Bank would be perfect, being this amoral, non-physical power.
Enriador

Return to General Discussion