The Line of the Lost Dragon

Post your mod AARs and stories here

The Line of the Lost Dragon

PostPosted by daman42 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 15:07

Rhaegar I

Rhaegar had been sitting at his desk in the Hand’s Tower, he was writing a letter to his brother, the two kept in touch via messenger these days. He was all the way in Slaver’s Bay. His father saw fit to grant him his great Aunt’s titles, salve for the Kingdom of Meereen, the Wise Masters had retaken it upon her death. Though, Rhaegar’s father, Aegon had managed to take hold of the two remaining kingdoms of Slaver’s Bay, though he never paid much attention to them, generally allowing the nobility of that realm to rule over themselves. Judging by what his brother had said in his letters the people of Astapor and Yunkai had received him quite well. Matarys had always had a way with words. Rhaegar let out a yawn, which he accompanied with a stretch. It was getting late. He put his seal on the letter and rose from his seat, moving toward his bed. Though just as he was about to climb in, he heard a barrage of knocks upon his door. “My Prince! My Prince!” It was the voice of the Grand Maester.
“Do come in Grand Maester.” Rhaegar replied, turning to face the door. The maester barged into the room, panting. “It’s your father. You must come with me, you simply must. H-His time has come, my Prince.” Ah. Yes. Rhaegar had been expecting this. His father had been ill for some time now, quite a few months. He’d come to terms with the fact that his father’s death was imminent a few days ago.
“Yes, Grand Maester, lead the way.” Rhaegar said, nodding to the elder. The maester hiked up his robes, jogging down the steps of the Tower of the Hand. Finally they’d arrived at his father’s chambers, which were soon to be his own. The maester looked back, and Rhaegar let out some air, giving him a nod. He very gently opened the door. In it resided his mother, Arya Stark. Aegon offered the maester and his firstborn a weak smile. “My son.” He’d said, rather quietly. He beckoned Rhaegar over, and Rhaegar wasn’t going to refuse. He moved toward his father, feigning a smile.
“My time has come, my son.” Aegon said weakly. “I assumed.” Rhaegar said curtly.
The two just stared at each other for some time, perhaps a minute. “Look after your brother.” His father said. “And Ronnet as well. After the death of his father he became my burden. That boy is like your brother, I would say treat him as such, though I know you already do, my son… And Robb, he is a fine young warrior. Do make sure he finds his way in this world.” Rhaegar mentally winced a bit at him bringing up Robb in front of his mother. His gaze flickered over to her for a moment, she seemed a bit pale. Robb Snow, the son of Lady Sansa Stark, his aunt, and Aegon. Quite the scandal that was. Rhaegar had no ill will toward Robb, for he was his brother, though, bringing the lad up in front of his mother? That was a bit low in his opinion. Though, his father was dying, perhaps he’d just wanted to make sure all of his sons were taken care of. “I shall do as commanded, father. After all, I am your Hand.” Rhaegar’s father smiled weakly again, giving him a nod. “Good.” He simply said. “Leave me now, you shouldn’t have to see it happen. Maester Garrison can deal with me. Tell them to be ready to coronate you.” Rhaegar gave him a nod. His father seemed so ready, it gave him a small chill. “Farewell then, father.” Rhaegar nodded to him. He felt a small tear escape his eye, he hastily wiped it away, and turned to his mother. She’d squeezed him tight, planting a kiss on his forehead. “You as well. Go with our Prince.” Aegon spoke up, directing his words at the Queen. “Yes, my husband.” She said simply. She let go of Rhaegar, planting a final kiss upon his father’s lips. Then Rhaegar and his mother moved to leave the room.
=======================================================================================================
322 AC

Westeros

The Iron Throne
King Rhaegar I sits the Iron Throne, having ascended it at the age of 18..
He is a handsome young man, who is currently betrothed to Lady Delena Tyrell of the Reach.
He possesses Blackfyre, the ancestral sword of House Targaryen, as well as Dark Sister, which was recovered by his father. He is also a Dragonrider, having tamed his father’s old dragon, Drogon.

Stormlands

Lord Ronnet Connington is the Lord of the Stormlands. He is currently 16.
His seat is Griffin’s Roost.
He is currently married to the King’s sister, Princess Aelora. He is also the Hand of the King of the Iron Throne.
The Baratheons still rule over Shipbreaker Bay and Storm’s End, via Shireen Baratheon’s son, Lord Meryn.

The Reach

The Reach is still held by the Tyrells.
Lord Willas Tyrell is the Lord of the Reach, he is 45 years old.

Dorne

Prince Alester currently serves as Princess of Dorne.
The Martells assisted King Aegon in his claim to the Iron Throne.
Princess Arianne is currently a member of the Silent Sisters, prior to Aegon taking the throne, she was tried and sent to the Sisterhood.

The Westerlands

The Westerlands are ruled by Lord Tyrek of the Westerlands, son of Lord Lancel Lannister.
The Westerlands were granted to Lord Kevan Lannister after a rebellion by Cersei Lannister.

The Riverlands

Lord Harrold Baelish is the current lord of the Riverlands, his seat is Harrenhal.
His sister, Marianne, is Queen of Astapor, via being married to the King’s brother, Matarys.

The Vale

Lord Robert Arryn is the current lord of the Vale.

The North

The North is ruled by Lady Arya Stark.
She is also King Rhaegar’s mother, having married Aegon after the death of Ramsay Bolton. The Lords of the North eventually named her Lady of the North after defeating Roose Bolton.
The Iron Islands

The Iron Islands are Independent.
King Euron Greyjoy currently sits on the Seastone Chair.

Essos

Slaver’s Bay

Mereen

Mereen was retaken by the Wise Masters after Queen Daenerys Stormborn’s demise.

Astapor and Yunkai

Astapor and Yunkai are ruled by the King’s brother, Matarys. Matarys is a Dragon rider, riding the six year old seed of Drogon, Ancalion
Last edited by daman42 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
daman42

Re: The Line of the Lost Dragon

PostPosted by daman42 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 17:01

Chapter I - Rhaegar, First of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Chapter II - The Golden Rose

Chapter III - The Dragon and the Wolf
Last edited by daman42 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
daman42

PostPosted by daman42 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 18:56

Chapter 2
Rhaegar’s eyes opened slowly, he slowly blinked a few times, he started to stretch, though he realized Sybelle was next to him. He managed to wiggle his arm free from around her. He rose from the bed, stretching some more. He looked to the balcony, it was still dark. Rhaegar’s bride-to-be was to arrive in King’s Landing in the morning. She was rumored to be the most beautiful girl to have ever lived, and to have possessed a number of virtues. He leaned on the balcony, picturing her in his head. As he thought of his future wife, he heard footsteps. His lover had awoken. “Rhaegar, what’re you doing up?” She said. Sybelle was of House Glover, she was a curvy lass. She had brown hair, the color of milk chocolate and blue eyes, she was pretty but not quite beautiful. She was a few years Rhaegar’s elder. She’d been Rhaegar’s first lay. The two had been lovers for quite some time, since Rhaegar’s thirteenth nameday. After his father retook the throne, she was sent to the capital, as most lordlings or ladylings were. One from most of the greater houses of the realm to assure no further rebellion. Lady- Or Queen Arya had taken a liking to Sybelle, taking her into her service.
“Simply getting some air.” He said. He glanced back at her. She’d wrapped her arms around him now. The two looked out at the stars, and at the Great Sept of Baelor in silence for some time. Rhaegar enjoyed overlooking the city, especially when it was quiet like this. It was beautiful to him, peaceful even. Though the peace was broken when Sybelle spoke up. “Marry me.” He glanced down at her. “You know that isn’t an option, my love.” He turned to face her now, holding her. “You’re the king, you can do as you like, Rhaegar. Please, marry me.” Rhaegar could marry her if he wanted to. Though, it wouldn’t be proper, but maybe... It wouldn’t. “I have to marry her. It would be an insult to the Tyrells were I to break the betrothal… I-I just I can’t… You know I love you, my Winter Rose.” He smiled a half smile. Sybelle looked down in sadness. Rhaegar thought he even saw a tear rolling down her cheek. She held him tight.
“Promise me you won’t love her Rhaegar… Promise me…” She said quietly.
“I promise, my love, I promise.” He said, taking her hand. She used her other hand to wipe away the tears and looked up to him. He kissed her hand, and then her lips. “Let’s go back to bed, mhm?” He said, moving toward the bed, not bothering to wait for a response.

Rhaegar sat the Iron Throne, the court had been gathered, for the soon-to-be queen was to arrive in the capital. Smaller matters were attended to first, pleads from lords and the like. Some irrelevant lord whom Ronnet had just dealt with had been walking away when he heard trumpets. They signified the arrival of his bride to be. His eyes widened a bit as he heard the noise. Whispers were all that could be heard in the sea of courtiers as the trumpets sounded. Lord Willas Tyrell, Warden of the South and Master of Laws of the Iron Throne entered the throne room. That was when he saw her, Lady Delena Tyrell. She was the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen. Petite, lithe, her face took his breath away. Lord Tyrell kneeled before him. “Your Grace.” He said, his head down. “Rise, Lord Tyrell.” Rhaegar replied.
“Before your father passed, he betrothed you to my daughter, Lady Delena, of House Tyrell. She is a woman now, thus, I do believe it is high time this betrothal ends, and a wedding is held.”
“I agree Lord Tyrell. I hereby proclaim that the wedding shall be held in a fortnight, preparations must be made.” Rhaegar rose from his throne. The court bowed their heads as their king rose. “I shall retire to my chambers now.” Rhaegar moved to leave the throne room, his Kingsguard following suit.

It had been a fortnight. The wedding was winding down and the hour had been getting late. Rhaegar and his bride had barely spoke. He’d noted that she was a shy girl, whenever he looked at her she’d blush and smile. Rhaegar spent most of the night drinking with Ronnet and Sers William Umber and Patrek Mallister. They were a merry bunch to say the least. “Pst, y’grace.” Will said, a grin upon his face. Rhaegar placed his goblet down, a stupid grin upon his face. “Mhm, Will?”
“It’s time for the bedding, heh heh.” After Will’s words the other two grinned. “As your Hand, as well as your closest friend and advisor, I second that notion, Your Grace.” Ronnet chuckled some.
“I think you should bed her.” Patrek chimed in. Rhaegar’s gaze panned about the smirking trio, he shrugged. “Come on the night is still young.” Rhaegar glanced to the side, noting Sybelle alongside his mother. He winced. “Come on then, Your Grace, you must bed her. You need an heir.” Ronnet said. “Aye!” the other two said almost in unison. He looked to Delena whom was across the courtyard, her beauty couldn’t be matched, especially in her wedding dress. Rhaegar was convinced the girl would be the most beautiful to ever exist. That helped sway his decision. “Make the proclamation…” He murmured to Ronnet. Ronnet grinned, standing up. “Esteemed guests! Attention!” He waited until the party was quiet, which didn’t take long. “It is time for the bedding” They all looked to Rhaegar, he simply offered a nod. He rose from his seat, moving toward Delena. He smiled at her, and she blushed and smiled back. He locked arms with her. The Kingsguard formed around them. They all moved toward the Red Keep.

Rhaegar entered his chambers with the girl, he was a few years her elder. “I don’t believe we had a chance to chat much at the ceremony, My Lady.” She blushed yet again. Her voice was quiet, “I don’t believe so either, Your Grace.” There was a moment of awkward silence, though Rhaegar cleared the air.
“I do apologize for the smell, I shouldn’t have drank as much… It wasn’t proper.” He said. She simply smiled at him and said, “You may do as you please, my husband, you are the King, after all.” He nodded a few times, letting out an awkward laugh. The two stared at eachother for a few moments, then Rhaegar went to kiss her...
In the morn, Rhaegar woke up next to his Queen. It had been a night to remember.
daman42

PostPosted by JDSweet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 22:00

Good chapters but.... NO BROWN HAIRED HEIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JDSweet

PostPosted by daman42 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 03:10

JDSweet wrote:Good chapters but.... NO BROWN HAIRED HEIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for long ;)

Speaking of, new chapter coming soon. It's taking me awhile to write so my aplogjes.
daman42

PostPosted by JDSweet » Wed Aug 16, 2017 05:11

daman42 wrote:

Not for long ;)

Speaking of, new chapter coming soon. It's taking me awhile to write so my aplogjes.

Its fine I'm patient-ish. I must ask though, why no wincest? You have dragons so it's not like anybody's gonna tell you no, and the abomination of incest modifier makes it easier to hatch dragons/tame dragons.
JDSweet

PostPosted by daman42 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 13:16

JDSweet wrote:
daman42 wrote:

Not for long ;)

Its fine I'm patient-ish. I must ask though, why no wincest? You have dragons so it's not like anybody's gonna tell you no, and the abomination of incest modifier makes it easier to hatch dragons/tame dragons.

Well (on the topic of Aegon x Dany) at first it was so I didn't have to deal with ruling over Dany's lands and in the holes that she'd have her own line of Targs for me to marry my heirs to, as well as RP purposes because Aegon would've had support from some Northern lords who were still loyal to the Starks or whatever. Rhaegar was mostly for a good ole non-aggression pact, as Mace wasn't too happy when Rhaegae took the throne. Willas liked Aegon more though but I didn't really feel like breaking the betrothal. I do plan on trying to keep things pure for the most part, via Matarys' line if there's no one in mine.

Sidenote, next chapter is going up today.
daman42

Return to After Action Reports (AAR)