1.5 raiding/looting as a pirate

Report any problems with the mod here

1.5 raiding/looting as a pirate

PostPosted by covya » Sat Aug 12, 2017 13:37

I can't seem to find any correlation as to WHEN it happens, it doesn't appear to be tied to anything in particular, but occasionally, even though my units are set as raiders, they suddenly lose the ability to raid. Whenever I put them in a province, they simply don't gain any loot, and they don't begin sieging down the province. they just stand there, as if they weren't looters or as if I have a Non-aggression pact with the target (I don't) and once the bug happens, I haven't figured out a way to fix it in game (reraising levies does nothing) and it stops me from looting entirely as a pirate, which is a big problem :P
it CAN be fixed by just restarting the game and reloading, which when playing single player isn't TOO bad, although it is still inconvenient, but its absolutely horrible when playing MP. I sat around for nearly 10 years without looting or fighting anyone, losing 2 prestige a month, just waiting for someone to go out of sync :P
I can provide a save, but I doubt it will help, as loading the game fixes it for a while anyway...
PLaying without any submods (although I have experienced it with the century of blood bookmark, if that counts)
covya

Re: 1.5 raiding/looting as a pirate

PostPosted by unit2337 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 14:20

There is a known bug that causes the player to be allied with pretty much everyone else, this could be the cause since you can't raid allies. Try looking at your declare war option. If you see a message saying that you'll lose fifty prestige for attacking your ally, then I think this is likely the cause.

See this link: http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic13733.html
unit2337

PostPosted by covya » Sat Aug 12, 2017 17:54

yep, you're right, I'm allied with everyone. Is there a way to fix this in game, or do I have to restart the game whenever it happens?
covya

PostPosted by unit2337 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 18:05

The only fix I know is to restart, though I've heard that it can go away on its own.
unit2337

PostPosted by knuckey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:18

These are hardcoded vanilla issues, not anything we can mod unfortunately.
knuckey
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports