IA Iron Throne regularly expanding in Essos

For any general subject related to the mod

IA Iron Throne regularly expanding in Essos

PostPosted by harad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 16:53

In my current game the Iron Throne launched continuous liberation campaigns in Essos, conquering Tyrosh, Lys and Myr. On another game it reached as far as Volantis.
It's not possible to make the AI behave in a more canonical way? Not that it changes very much in my game, but excluding Daenerys campaigns (at the time unrelated to the Iron Throne) and, if I remember correctly, Braavos campaign to make illegal slavery in Penthos and Maelys the Monstrous of the Blackfyres (so it doesn't really count as part of the Targaryen dynasty/Iron Throne) carving out his kingdom from Lys, Myr and Tyrosh, the Iron Throne itself never seemed to concern much with annexing the Free Cities or other political entities in Essos.
Last edited by harad on Mon Aug 28, 2017 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
harad

Re: IA Iron Throne regurlarly expanding in Essos

PostPosted by Brume » Mon Aug 28, 2017 16:58

There is a game rule you can put when you first start your game, Lore invasion only.. I believe is you turn that on it will probably stop the non-canonical invasion war.
Brume

Re: IA Iron Throne regularly expanding in Essos

PostPosted by harad » Mon Aug 28, 2017 19:49

Thanks, I found the rule, but I thinks is "Expand Realm Ambition invasions", not "Lore invasions", that concerns Brindlemen from Sothoryos, Hill Clansmen, etc.
Thanks for the suggestion, I completely forgot about the rule.

I edited the rule, but it seems only to apply to the specific "expand realm by conquest" casus belli, when in my game the Iron Throne expanded using the "liberate" casus belli, targeting slaver nations, and it's still active. But as in Essos, excluding Braavos and partly Penthos, almost every state allows it, it's practically a free "conquer anyone in Essos" cb.
It has also a dragon symbol, so I'm not sure how relates to actually being a dragon rider, but in my game on the throne there was a Tully and the dragon rule was "Valyrian only", so I'm not sure why is triggered.
harad

PostPosted by Damocles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 08:08

The only way to solve it is to go into the cb_types, find the Liberation casus belli, and make it much more unlikely for the Iron Throne AI to use it. Such as only engaging in wars of liberation aimed at other Westeros rulers.
Damocles

PostPosted by harad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 13:53

Thanks for the suggestion, I looked at the slavery casus belli file and at the moment it's a little too complicate for me to mod, but I will eventually figure it out.
harad

PostPosted by Damocles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 17:15

harad wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I looked at the slavery casus belli file and at the moment it's a little too complicate for me to mod, but I will eventually figure it out.

I'll walk you through it.

1) search for 'war_of_liberation'
2) At the start where it says can_use_gui, where it says

Code: Select all
ROOT = {
NOT = { trait = incapable }

Change it to:

Code: Select all
ROOT = {
NOT = { religion = the_seven }
NOT = { religion = valyrian_rel }
NOT = { trait = incapable }

Leave everything else alone, and that should solve the problem. Valyrian religion characters shouldn't be liberating slaves anyways, and all the Iron Throne ever does is repeatedly attack Myr, Pentos and Tyrosh over it, when that should be Braavos' job.

There are more elegant solutions available, but here's a bandaid.
Damocles

PostPosted by harad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31

Thank you for the fix, I've tried it and works perfectly.
harad

Return to General Discussion