Season 7 Episode 6 (Spoilers)

The place to talk about the books and the TV show. Beware of spoilers!

Season 7 Episode 6 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by Dawnbreaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 03:13

Holy shit, i don't even know what to say really. That was the best episode all season hands down and i just, i was constantly in fear with constant nerves waiting for what will happen. So... here's the thread. Let me know what you think. Damn...
Dawnbreaker

Re: Season 7 Episode 6 (Spoilers)

PostPosted by stale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 03:58

Kind of upset that the ice dragon is just an undead dragon, even though it was the most obvious choice... :P
stale

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 04:05

heard from leaks when filming started this shit might happened, was confirmed last week even though I tried not to get spoiled from the actual leaks, still thought that since it was just rumor they had time to re-write everything and prove the leaks wrong, it was dumb in the first place that a scorpion/ballista could take down Drogon but to go a step further and literally have some Olympic javelin thrower take out Viseron (rather than the stationary Dany and her dragon on the rock), a fully grown and equally as tough dragon, by hitting it in the neck (not even the soft tissue), I mean it hurts my brain to think about this now as GRRM would probably never even consider writing something that stupid. not to say it won't happen, just he would probably find a far more logical way for the Night King to get a dragon. The rest of the episode w/ the logic I think the only word that can possible sum it all up is Fucked.

lists are fun:
Gendry running from buttfuck nowhere all the way back to the wall
the raven making it to Dragonstone in record time and Dany making it north faster than a fucking concord w/ all 3 dragons just in time to save the day
Arya acting like an ass hole when everyone even at that time knew Sansa had written the letter under duress
Littlefinger telling Sansa to use Brianne's oath to protect her from Arya so Sansa promptly sends her to Kings Landing
no Bran, no Varys, no Messandei, and still no Theon (from the storylines that existed in this episode, the North and Dragonstone)
Where the fuck did the Night King get those massive chains, then manage to hook them to Viseron to drag him up, also where were all the giants that we saw at the start of the season to dragon the dragon up instead of having 100,000 zombies do it.
a welcomed addition would have been Sam stopping off a Horn Hill to find out he's the lord now (since he's obviously no longer in the nights watch or a maester) and finding out his father and brother are dead instead of showing up wherever he may end up at the end of this season, or next season when we see him next.
I'm sure I'll have more nitpicks when I re-watch the episode, just so royally pissed atm, though we did get the 20m back they screwed us on a few episodes ago
Last edited by Azsouth on Mon Aug 21, 2017 04:43, edited 1 time in total.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Arthurius Targaryen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 04:08

Im gonna do a non-spoiler Captain Obvious here:

Look, i don't know if its that their writers just got lazy, lack imagination, or simply don't know how to drag things out.
(Ppl would have sat thru extended version Lord of The Rings, so i think ppl can stand to sit thru a dragged out TV series)

I dunno why they couldn't just give Jon a win, they had to make it convoluted.
You could literally take Bets on whats gonna happen next in each season of Game Of Thrones now, whoever had eventual sex between Daenerys and Jon, that's what they're billing it for.

The coverage of distance, teleporting of fleets etc, very much noticed in this episode, just bad. There were about 2 false endings before the actual ending.

I will spoiler one thing, for all us Book Readers, um, they just threw out the whole Prophecy that goes along with Daenerys didn't they? I get that Jon will probably be one of her Dragon riders, but at least in the book it looks possible Aegon will be the third. The whole can't have children bit, yeah she kinda can, i dunno where they got this.

The actual substance of the writing is good, but part of good writing is timing, and the writers are just being lazy, and everyone in the show is kinda praying they don't get typecasted/branded for it, which they kinda are.

Theres a lot here, i know, im pretty disappointed with the writing, as i said, Captain Obvious here, otherwise actually a pretty decent episode with a lot of good dialogues in general. I think they're billing the final season to be half, kill the others, half kill Cersei, otherwise, mang, Daenerys gonna die sacrificing herself to kill the others.

Gotta agree with Azsouth on the dragon killing logic there, that was just damnably bad.

Edit: If this is actually rewritten cuz of leaks and whatever other excuse those hacks have, then i wanna see the unre-written one, cuz this was just bad, and they tried to wash down with a bunch of actiony sequences and magic teleporting of characters, they seem to forget this is basically the middle ages, Gendry running back to the wall is the biggest Bs of this.(though they did make it appear as though almost two days went by in the sequence)

If they were good writers, you really should care about what got leaked, just publish the damn thing as is, most of the ppl in the world are not gonna care either way, it makes no real difference as long as they like it and end up watching it, i think they forgot this.

Edit Edit : If they kill Cersei in Episode 8, well, i dunno how your gonna drag killing the Night King out over 6 episodes.
Ignorance is Bliss - Various ppl.

"Remember to Pillage, BEFORE you burn" - Viking Guide to Pillaging
Arthurius Targaryen

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 04:30

I'll add this, the writing from this show reinforces my opinion that Ronald D Moores Battlestar Galactica was the best T.V. series to ever air and this show is proving that right. BSG was always building towards an end, and by the end it re-defined television and most of the viewers questions where answered. This show, D&D have gone on record in saying all they ever wanted to make it to was the Red Wedding, it was their big TV splash. I personally don't think they ever thought this show would become as popular as it has nor did they expect HBO to keep forking over millions, probably billions of dollars a year to make the show, so once they hit their benchmark and because of lack of imagination w/o GRRM to guide them they got bored and said we are shortening the seasons and theres only two left. they fill these episodes with mostly logic jumps and shit but keep enough action in it to keep people engaged and they are just phoning it in until the end. It's probably why they want no part of the spinoffs, because they are just tired of telling this story or just not interested anymore.

EDIT: my hope was because when filming first started we heard about a dragon mount for the night king from the initial leaks, same w/ jon petting a dragons head, I had hoped they had seen the leaks and re-written stuff to surprise us. There was nothing they could do about the massive hack/leak that happened last week or the week before.
Azsouth

PostPosted by Arthurius Targaryen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 04:55

Then thats called lazy hack writers....

Back in the day, you got paid total squat to be a hollywood writer, and suddenly you strike the one bit of gold in your entire career and you (they the writers that is) are just gonna roll over and be bored with it cuz what, it became too popular.

Yeah well, whoever wrote that new "Confederate" whatever its called, slavery show, they really dont know what theyre doing. And i know the alternate history books they took it from. Nobody wants to see this, because the issue will hit too close to home, everyone wants to see fantasy, and dragons, and others etc etc.

The amount of twitter posts lamenting the death of Dany's dragon to a total BS scene, is odd to me. It also says ppl's lives must really suck if thats what they have to be tweeting about, or they are really just that bored at life. Heck, im bored cuz i have nothing to do since i got my college degree, im quite happy about that actually.

The spinoffs, are just kinda overdoing the world, like making the Silmarillion into movies would be. It would work to a point, but it'd be billed as "more of the same".

I.e your summation is pretty spot on Azsouth.

Arthurius Targaryen

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 05:12

i don't even have twitter, I imagin everyone who's complaining feels just as screwed as everyone else who have invested their time in this show, series, and books. Can't fault them for hating the shitty writing

also they are doing Beren and Luthien movie I think (was the story that started JR Tolkiens work and set the stage for his world)
Azsouth

PostPosted by stale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 06:18

Azsouth wrote:i don't even have twitter, I imagin everyone who's complaining feels just as screwed as everyone else who have invested their time in this show, series, and books. Can't fault them for hating the shitty writing

also they are doing Beren and Luthien movie I think (was the story that started JR Tolkiens work and set the stage for his world)

Wait, what? Christopher Tolkien outright refused to even watch The Hobbit movies but D&D somehow got their grubby hands on a First Age movie?
stale

PostPosted by Azsouth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 06:21

I don't think D&D are doing it, just heard that there was a movie in the making, no idea who's making it, pretty sure Jackson wasn't allowed to make it

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60388265/
Azsouth

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 07:34

Gonna add some comments to the top of this, so people can see them instead of the TL;DR rant crap below :

@Azsouth/stale/Arthurius:
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/730123/JRR-Tolkien-movie-biopic-The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Hobbit-Peter-Jackon-Downton-Abbey
They are not making a first age movie. A book of Beren and Lúthien's romance is being published, and a documentary(I don't think it's a biopic) about the life of Tolkien and what inspired him to create the world is being made.

The Hobbit was the story that started Tolkiens' works. The Lord of the Rings came next. The Silmarrion and all the other stuff was unreleased at the time of his death so could be considered notes that began later. All in all I'd say they counted more along the lines of a collection of material he created while creating the Lord of the Rings and planned to work with later.

Ronald D Moore... that means the remake series. Roslin was highest ranking official to survive so became president, voted out of office, then rebellion and was made president again. Dying of cancer the entire show but survived the final episode DESPITE the fact that I absolutely hated her character with a passion and absolutely wanted to see her die in the most painful way (Preferably captured alive by the cylons who slowly slice layers of her body off until nothing is left.. STARTING AT HER TOES!). Seriously BSG is for me a landslide winner for the most hated tv show ever invented that I had the unfortunate opportunity to watch. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Anyways onto the episode.

All in all I'd say DB and DBW don't actually have that good of a grasp on decent writing. I'd point to DB in that he was involved in the writing of both Troy (starts decently, okay middle, shit end) and XMEN Origins: Wolverine (starts shit, mid shit, end really shit). I mean I don't think we could lay the sole responsibility of the deadpool from that movie on him, but he did write it so yes we can. I mean their genius idea for a brand new dragon killing weapon was a Ballista. It's almost as if they were watching movies made within the last 5 years and saw the Hobbit 2 and thought, hey that looks like a good idea. I mean I guess it's better than if they had watched Reign of Fire and thought.. Hey that's a good idea... Then Bronn leaping off a cliff with a battle axe to try and attack the dragon that way... I hope they didn't read that and get an idea from it.

Too long;didn't read crap gets spoiler tags so it doesn't destroy the page size.. I might have tore into the episode a lot :p
Spoiler: show
The banter between the fellowship of the ring, Thorin's company or pretty much any staple fantasy grouping was pretty decent I thought. Jorah, Jon and Longclaw scene I felt was nicely done and think grew some respect points from Jorah for Jon because he was just willing to give him his ancestral sword despite knowing his history. The reverse also true in that Jon gained respect for Jorah because Jorah felt he didn't deserve the honor to wield the sword and it was rightfully Jon's now.... The banter between Tormund and the Hound was also absolutely hilarious.

Sansa and Arya stuff was stupid, nothing but stupid. First off the note; Coerced into writing it in the attempt to not only save her father but also in an attempt to try and retain her fathers wishes. Like who wrote this stuff really? Sansa was a stupid summer child, raised to expect to marry a lord honor her fathers wishes yadayada. In an attempt to not only save her fathers life, keep her house safe and maintain the marriage alliance that she was supposed to be entered into she wrote a little note under coersion of a powerful queen that she was basically a prisoner of. You know exactly what she had been raised to do her entire life. Bind their houses together despite her own forthcomings. And seriously why would she be afraid of the Northern Lords finding out about this in the first place? I mean ffs watch this;

"My lords, I've asked you all to attend this council to share something. When my father Eddard Stark was imprisoned in the Black Cell and I was a prisoner in all but name only. Cersei Lannister coerced me into writing a letter to plead with Robb not to go to war over it. In my naivety then I thought that I was saving my fathers life and following his wishes to keep the alliance we had together. Before I knew just how insane Joffrey was.. yada yada".

I'm betting this just cements the Northern Lords loyalty too her. She was far from home, her father was imprisoned, the queen was threatening her, her household had been put to the sword, she was basically all alone now and an authority figure was offering her an olive branch for writing a note. GUH

Skipping ahead.. stupid can't have children bit again. Then the succession thing which is entirely tied into the stupid can't have children bit... Yeah this was pointless and rather stupid.

Littlefinger apparently scheming, but also then Sansa doing a stupid thing of pushing Brianne of Tarth away? This also ties into the stupidity of the early Sansa/Arya scene. I mean why would Sansa send anybody down to King's Landing for her? Why not send the severed head of the messenger down to Cersei?

We get another part of Sansa rummaging through Arya's belongings looking for the stupid piece of paper which she's fearful of it coming into the light for no freaking reason whatsoever so this entire scene is completely pointless. Also pointing out that Arya at least found helpful people. Sansa was alone in King's Landing, a prisoner basically who was subjected to psychological torture. Arya at least had some hope in that she was never really in any threat and the training crap she experienced in Braavos was entirely her own choice. In terms of the most difficulties, Sansa clearly had a much harder time from episode 1 season 1 to now than Arya did.

So now onto the best parts of the episode by far (even they have faults). That zombear was insane yeah? I didn't expect them to fatally injure Thoros then later kill him off this episode. Although it makes sense that they would. I'm guessing this was done to equate for the removal of Lady Stoneheart from the series. Now we have now red priest to resurrect Beric Dondarrion. However I don't think they are going to kill off Beric any time soon.

Anyways they apparently haven't travelled too far north of the wall have they? I mean jesus Gendry got back to the wall so fast. It's like they stepped outside and it's like "Hey the arrowhead mountain is right here", "Super". I could have expected a few days worth of trekking to reach it. I mean give a semblance of distance yeah? Also that undead army attacked them pretty fast. Were they hiding just behind a tree to the left or something? Like seriously lets tweak it a bit yeah?

They trek for a couple days to find the mountain, capturing a wight yada yada like they do. They then load it up and start the march back obviously. The next day while already about half way to returning the thing manages to slip the bonds of it's mouth and start screeching which is overheard from something in a valley over. They start the running sequence and all that. They can then send Gendry to sprint ahead of the group. This will have the added bonus of making Gendry returning too the wall basically fainting and all that more believable because of 5-6 hours of solid sprinting. Also it would allow the others to fall behind him while running after until they reach the lake, which is a lot closer to the wall, this has the added benefit of making the aftermath of Jon riding a horse back to the wall and Dany still being there more believable instead of her deciding to turn to leave just as he shows up again...

So we have the magic time traveling again, this case being the raven. No matter what tweaking we do, this won't be believable.. But anyways lets say the fellowship of the ring are on that rock for 3-4 days. That gives the raven say 3 days to fly down and the dragons 1 day to fly north. Dragons are faster than ravens so the dragons get the less time to cover the distance. The argument between Tyrion and Dany was another dumb scene. Why is Tyrion believing she is capable of being a good queen? She ignores all council and then just does whatever the hell she wants. I mean if they're trying to paint her to being such a good ruler they're doing such a terrific(not) job at it.

So lets say the wights start the slow crossing and then Dany shows up. Preferably would pace this out slower but tv shows only have a limited time. So instead will just leave it as is. So apparently ice javelin thrown by the night king has way more force than a spear fired by high tension powered ballista. Like what the fuck!? No just no. If the white walkers are able to throw spears like that, how the hell does the wall keep them in? Just stand out of distance and start throwing shit at the wall. I'd wager it'd take you a day to break through the ice.

So a quick couple aside, the Night King getting a dragon this way was kind of a bad move in my opinion. There should have been an ice breathing type of dragon somewhere up beyond the wall that the white walkers have been searching for. This would add the explanation for why they are STILL kicking it so far north.

Aside two would be that a dragon was killed because the bastard aren't adding in Aegon Targaryen. Which means that Jon/Dany only need a dragon each. This is a huge letdown for me because Aegon should be in the tv show.

So Jon Snow yells fly you fools to the fellowship before falling to his apparent death (I couldn't help myself). They missed a huge opportunity in this segment I felt. Like seriously how did they fail to miss it? There is another dragon flying around. Lets say for kicks it was the one Jon petted earlier.. It bellows loudly catching Dany's attention yeah? Her and the fellowship watch as it swan dives the frozen lake blasting fire at it to puncture a hole before dipping into the lake after Jon. She watches on in shock as a little bit after it swims up and out, with Jon pretty much unconscious on it's back. Taking off and flying to join after. We could then skip over the scene with uncle Benjen which makes no sense, and skip over the fact that the horse was able to get Jon back to the wall just as Dany was turning to leave. With the scene of Jon petting a dragon from the previous episode, it would play out on this that the dragon had chosen Jon to be it's rider. The next bit we have Dany watching Jon get stripped down. (I heard he used to be in OneD, and people want him for one thing).
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by Arthurius Targaryen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 08:10

Just to quote your last line Lancelot "and people want him for one thing" F*cks!

Couldnt help myself

But yeah, this is pretty much best rant on the horrible writing so far, right, Ice Javelin > Ballista. Among the tweets i saw that were funny, one basically says, While everything is going to SH*t , Bran must be smoking the Best Weed in the Seven Kingdoms. Another basically says, the Others have obtained, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, a yugioh reference.

Bottom line, they coulda dragged this out to 10 episodes just fine, they're just lazy writers who once again, got lucky, but as soon as everything book related or possible based on the book got played out, they lost ideas, or just sense of time.
They could made this into a 2 1/2 hr movie and it woulda probably been better.

Battlestar Galatica... Mang my parents watched that show, and then about to the point where "everyone was basically a cylon" started to become the show cliche. we lost interest in general. Thems the days of Nip/Tuck, and original Iron Chef!, good times, good times.
Btw ppl tweeting about the dead dragon getting turned into an ice zombie <- this, to me, is just kinda a sad thought about mostly America.
Fanpower is mainly why Dany will eventually win, she'll have a baby, others will probably be dead by mid season next year, (bar Cersei getting flayed in episode 7) Either that or she'll sacrifice herself to save the world. In my book, she has the most fans, because well, she also has the most hate.
I only like her, because finally, female(sorta heroic) Heroine Main Character, who isn't totally cliched, given a main role, stick a little Return of the King style stuff in there. I.e its actually the one book and subsequently show with an acceptable female hero. Ive read about a few with female heroes, but alot of them fall down the cliche slots.
and for all the Dany Haters, um When you were 16 did you really think you knew better than everybody and if so could u actually have beaten everyone? I sincerely doubt this about like 99% of the cases in question, so her so called mess ups and basic independence seem quite justified. I'd blame Tyrion first before her in the show, he was too slow with his strategy, like his sister is really just gonna sit there and let ppl blob up to come and siege her.

Arthurius Targaryen

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 09:00

That song gets too much play on the radio these days haha. And oh god Blue eyes! I missed using that reference!! And Bran must be smoking Longbottom leaf then eh eh? ;)

They definitely could have drawn this out into a 10 episode season. This episode as well could definitely have been stretched a bit more. Include some actual passage of time, make it feel like Jon Snow and them are actually in danger of possibly beginning to starve to death, maybe have somebody go over and break the ice as it starts to form and have it replenish not because it refreezes with them doing nothing, but because the White walkers actually arrive and bring some winter stormy shit with them..

It's a definitely noticeable thing that some time after 2007 all forms of entertainment started to go majorly down hill in quality. Music, movies, tv, games.. Just all went bad fast. Every once in awhile we get one gem(quality material) but for the most part it's just wading through garbage.

In terms of quality heroic female characters... If the Martell story line was done properly with Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Oakheart and the actual Dornish plot with Myrcella.. If that had been done it would have put a very strong heroic female character onto the screen. American culture right now is based off of a completely different problem though in regards to strong heroic female characters. No creation attempt whatsoever and instead trying to convert male characters into female ones. For instance, female Thor (in the comic books). Instead of trying to create a strong heroic female character on her own merits, they instead try and borrow from a male character and doing the complete opposite.

Ghostbusters movie for instance, it could have been made extremely successful as a sequel and done properly. But instead they tried to do stupid gender reversal stuff and have all the ghostbusters women with a male secretary and bad writing. And instead of creating a good movie they made a shit one. Hollywood must be stopped
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59

First off, I like how the complaint is that not enough time passed, not that this land of near always winter had a lake that was only partially frozen to deus ex the adventurers. Nor the wights that were originally only killable with fire were just mudstomped by a handful of guys with swords, hammers, axes, and daggers. Though they've been vulnerable to them for some time now for some reason, they don't need muscles to move but a strong blow is enough to put them down? Uugh I hate zombies.

Some points:
Gendry running, dafaq were they to begin with, they were out looking for some zombies likely as not they were in search pattern rather than walking due north so could be that he had a much quicker run back via straight line.

Don't know how long it is between things, could be a week between gendry making it back and dany arriving. It was long enough that miraculously thawing and freezing lake had enough time to freeze solid and enough time for Dog to get bored enough to huck rocks and show the zombies it was frozen.

Siblings can be assholes and you killed our dad is something that can seriously mess with someone's head. She's obviously working to knock sansa's ambitious self down a few pegs.

Probably a later episode. seems to be narrower focuses rather than the stunted jumping through 3-4 povs each episode they used to do.

Dude's magic and can seemingly control ice, could be magic ice chains, or dude's magic ice sword can obliterate metal it's not inconceivable that dude can magic metal into shapes somehow. The zombies don't breathe, he probably sent them down with the chains to hook it. Just because they don't seem to swim doesn't mean they can't sink to the bottom of the lake to do it. Of course this in turn begs the question of why did the ice breaking stop them at all; fall in, walk to the rock island thing, climb up, kill everyone. Seriously, I hate zombies, so stupid.
SinStar87

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Aug 21, 2017 13:14

Map of beyond the wall with a distance legend

So Gendry was sent to return to Eastwatch which means that the lake was east of the point Antlers River flows into the Shivering Sea. Any further north or west and he would have returned to castle black. The legend included makes sense for distance, which would mean that Hardhome is like 250ish miles from Eastwatch. Pheidippides ran 150 miles in 2 days (then ran 25 miles to report victory and collapsed and died). Before they left Eastwatch, I would say they most likely scaled the wall to glance out and see if they could spot the Arrowhead mountain which is what they were looking for. They most likely would have been able to see for about 50-100 miles. Which means that they would have needed to travel at least 100 miles to reach a distance far enough away.

As for the lake... It is perfectly believable to me to have a lake in a very cold place with an ice layer on the top and water underneath. The lake could be salty, underwater rivers that traverse through it could keep the water in motion beneath the surface (which makes it not likely too freeze), underwater vents could be venting enough warmth into the water but allow the top to freeze. Anyways I didn't have to suspend belief that the lake had ice that couldn't withstand the weight of hundreds of undead.

The points..

Gendry Point: They set out from a place that goes extremely high, which means that they can see extremely far. This means that whatever they are looking for can't possibly be within the general vicinity. As I mentioned above, the lands not particularly bumpy in the vicinity of the wall so they would need to travel outside of that range to begin their looking. I'd feel it's very unlikely that they just stepped outside and found it within 50-100 miles of the wall. So past that means that a lot more time would need to go by.

As I pointed out, the water surface been frozen and underneath not being frozen is not something I'd need to suspend belief for. As for the rate the water froze again, it didn't look like it had much time to do so as it was still fairly weak when they discovered it had refrozen. Lets say maybe a days worth of freezing.

I'd point out another thing that may have been missed... Jon Snow was drawn under the water held by a couple of the zombies. They don't breath, he does... They had a hold of both his arms which would make it difficult to bust loose... So how did he climb out of the water on his own?
LancelotLoire

PostPosted by SinStar87 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 19:47

The wall is 700 feet, assuming a perfectly clear horizon and earthish size and shape(doubt it was perfectly clear, it's a wintry place and so likely snowy.) You have about 30 miles of visibility.

There's no lake or mountain on that map anywhere close to Eastwatch, so probably aren't using it for the show story.

IDK the physics of lake's freezing, but doubt it was a great salt lake. The zombies are basically just skeletons and so weigh a lot less than normal bodies, the ice showed no signs of cracking when Jon and co were going full sprint across, no reason the zombies would have smashed through except to deus ex the party.
SinStar87

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Tue Aug 22, 2017 04:26

Wintery places are more likely to have no cloud cover and way more crisp clean ait. I can see 2 mountains from where I am at that are over 50 miles away each. This is also with some amounts of smog from forest fires which hasn't fully cleared away. They should be able to see for a hundressed miles easily batting any hilly stuff. But it states that it was an arow head shaped mountain

There was also no snow on the mountain meaning it would be a black rocky outcrop on a white background. There were no trees within range of where they were which means that its even further north past the forest in front of the wall.

The lake is very small so likely isn't of the size that needs to be put onto a map. There is a possibility that it's not a lake at all and is part of the ocean and that scene took place on coastline. The map itself doesn't showcase the full geography but it does pinpoint the layout of the coast pretty well. Also distances haven't been changed too much so it was more about showcasing distance.

I can't remember how many survived onto the ice run. Jon, tormund, hound, thoros, beric, 2 random dead guys, and a wight. So 7 guys weight of about 150-200 each and a skeleton basically. Cracking the ice and weakening it so that the masses of zombies which are in far far greater numbers... normally it wouldn't have broken like it did.. not a circle. The weight of the zombies is hard to digure. They do have fleshy bits and bone and the like but what would the increase in weight be from that stuff freezing? Probably 100 lbs each?

Anyways like before the ice breaking through them refreshing is not completely out of the realm of reality
LancelotLoire

Return to Story and Lore