Mod advancment?

Browse, publish and discuss user made sub-mods here

Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Mon Sep 04, 2017 04:40

Hey guys, I know this is like supposed to be strictly book based... however GRRM has confirmed several times that the shows resurrection of Jon Snow is real. The particulars don't really matter that much, is there any submods out there that have continued with the shows advancement? For the life of me I can't figure out how to decline Stannis's offer grab the red priest get assassinated and resurrect free from the watch without game over. So if anyone has any ideas how I can play out this scenario, by submod or console command or any means whatsoever it would be very cool.

The Battle of the Bastards will be so cool on this game, I'm seeing ways to save Rickon or to not need the Vale Knights already in my head playing out. You guys are aware that GRRM may not even finish the books? The show may be all we have to go on for a very long time still yet!
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by DaemonT » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27

There's a 'Winds of Winter' submod somewhere on this forum, but i don't think it's been updated for 1.5 yet
User avatar
DaemonT
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:44

https://www.reddit.com/r/SinfulCK2Mods/comments/6xjysd/winds_of_winter_15_v2/


There was another Thread like this one but for some reason ninja decided to lock it and move it to a different section.
User avatar
LancelotLoire
 
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 16:32

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by blackninja9939 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 13:24

LancelotLoire wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/SinfulCK2Mods/comments/6xjysd/winds_of_winter_15_v2/


There was another Thread like this one but for some reason ninja decided to lock it and move it to a different section.

I did not move it there the person posted it in the suggestions area, it got locked as it is not a suggestion for the main mod but a request for a submod.
Graduate Content Designer on Project Caligula

My amazingly empty Twitter account: @blackninja9939

Posts edited in this colour were done by me for moderation.

My Sub-Mods:
Bloodlines
More Decisions
Colonise Valyiria and Challenge to Duel
More Bookmarks
User avatar
blackninja9939
Moderator
 
Posts: 5697
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50
Location: England

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by LancelotLoire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 13:56

Are you kidding me... I read your post as "This is for suggestions for mod"(Meaning the thread), and that it isn't submod material.
User avatar
LancelotLoire
 
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 16:32

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 05:14

Winds of winter? For 1.41?
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 02:24

Is that version OK with 1.7? I heard WOW crashed in 1.7?
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 07:44

The one linked in this thread is updated for the latest AGoT version.
StoneWallace17
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 00:33

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by jagged0 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 01:25

blackninja9939 wrote:
LancelotLoire wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/SinfulCK2Mods/comments/6xjysd/winds_of_winter_15_v2/


There was another Thread like this one but for some reason ninja decided to lock it and move it to a different section.

I did not move it there the person posted it in the suggestions area, it got locked as it is not a suggestion for the main mod but a request for a submod.


I've always been curious but why not add this to the main mod
User avatar
jagged0
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 03:41

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Sun Sep 10, 2017 05:18

jagged0 wrote:I've always been curious but why not add this to the main mod

Because the mod is based on the books, not the show.
Tiranasta
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 14:05

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by mp84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 16:33

Tiranasta wrote:
jagged0 wrote:I've always been curious but why not add this to the main mod

Because the mod is based on the books, not the show.


Which is why I hope Winds of Winters comes out this year, cause I would love for the main mod to be added with additional content past the bookmark of Feast for Crows or have at least that bookmark totally more fleshed out based on the material of the 6th book ...

I too agree, some pretty major plot points that the show has done I think will also happen in the books, at least one way or another, just how the books gets to it will be different.
mp84
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 20:15

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 21:33

They all crash at every save, tried linked and hunted down every other one I could find... I tried without saving on and it randomly crashes whenever I click on a holding like to look at its buildings.... frustrating. If you don't have this problem could you please tell me what all DLC and else you are running?


I think its safe to go ahead and update AGOT main mod guys, GRRM may not even finish WOW or DOS in his lifetime he is in no hurry, he's already been paid and he is obviously gotten bored from the main storyline and its something he is procrastinating... he's given the rights to finish it after his death away if that tells u anything.

There is plenty of reason to believe Jon is resurrected in the books as well its been verified.
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Mon Sep 11, 2017 23:28

dhcracker wrote:I think its safe to go ahead and update AGOT main mod guys, GRRM may not even finish WOW or DOS in his lifetime he is in no hurry, he's already been paid and he is obviously gotten bored from the main storyline and its something he is procrastinating... he's given the rights to finish it after his death away if that tells u anything.

There is plenty of reason to believe Jon is resurrected in the books as well its been verified.

I disagree. Yes, Jon's resurrection is a near-certainty, but the circumstances under which it occurs and the events that transpire in the interim are yet to be revealed.

I also disagree that GRRM's gotten bored with the main story. The story's sprawled with each book that's been released, and has gotten harder to manage as a result. AFFC took a long time, ADWD took longer. TWOW's writing time isn't yet a dramatic outlier, merely a progression of that trend.
Tiranasta
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 14:05

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by mp84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 23:59

Tiranasta wrote:I also disagree that GRRM's gotten bored with the main story. The story's sprawled with each book that's been released, and has gotten harder to manage as a result. AFFC took a long time, ADWD took longer. TWOW's writing time isn't yet a dramatic outlier, merely a progression of that trend.


Good points, but this gap has probably been the longest, and I think more so because of the HBO show and perhaps how much he was involved in the earlier seasons of that show.

Whatever the case there are some things we can assume that would be a treat too see as a great sub-mod if good scripters can take the mantle for it.

Personally, what I would love to see is an event that plays out after Jon Snow says no to Stannis, similar to what has already been described in this thread based on the show.

But as a added bonus, add certain events where he tries to gather support from different lords of the North, which in turns leads to more scripted troops for him to handle to eventually take the North and most importantly not tied to Stannis.

Since the main issue with saying yes to Stannis, leaves you at the mercy of the silly AI, since Stannis will always go South to fight the losing battles there.. Which leaves you in the North hoping to attach your 800 troop army either the Glovers or Manderly's, that's even if you're lucky to get to them in a decent time that a white peace doesn't get forced on you...

And even than when you finally win the North since you are involved in Stannis's other wonderful "lost cause" wars, when he loses them, there's a good chance the Crown takes your first born child as a Hostage :(.

So yea, perhaps that's probably why I don't play that bookmark as much as I want too, unless I'm perhaps playing Dany which actually is pretty nice fleshed out experience I find.

anyway rant off :)
mp84
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 20:15

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 04:04

I would like to point out the gap gets longer the more money he makes and the bigger his gut gets, he's into these spin offs now that mostly other people write and he just puts his name on and helps with. The truth is the world is so complex he's writing about he needs alot ofhelp often he makes errors and fans have helped him so much. But look at the gaps since he has been a #1 seller and making money.... sad fact man think about it would you want to write a 1400 page book if you were already rich? I wouldn't, I would probably hire someone to do it for me.
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28

mp84 wrote:Good points, but this gap has probably been the longest...

Yes, but not yet by an unusually large margin. AFFC took about five years and two months, ADWD took about five years and nine months, and TWOW has so far taken about six years and two months. That's what I mean when I say it's a progression of the trend. Each book takes longer than the one before. It is true that there was a pretty sharp discontinuity between the time taken for AGOT/ACOK/ASOS and the time taken for each of the remaining books, but this doesn't seem that mysterious to me. Aside from the series getting more complicated and thus being harder to write, we know that GRRM originally planned for a five year gap after ASOS which he later realized wouldn't work and had to scrap, necessitating a rethinking of a lot of his plans.

On top of that, GRRM is a perfectionist. Case in point:

GRRM wrote:All of these things were balls I had thrown up into the air, and they're all linked and chronologically entwined. The return of Drogon to the city was something I explored as happening at different times. For example, I wrote three different versions of Quentyn's arrival at Meereen: one where he arrived long before Dany's marriage, one where he arrived much later, and one where he arrived just the day before the marriage (which is how it ended up being in the novel). And I had to write all three versions to be able to compare and see how these different arrival points affected the stories of the other characters. Including the story of a character who actually hasn't arrived yet.


This is great in terms of maximizing the eventual quality of what we get (provided it does in fact get finished), but not so great in terms of getting things done in a timely fashion.

dhcracker wrote:I would like to point out the gap gets longer the more money he makes and the bigger his gut gets, he's into these spin offs now that mostly other people write and he just puts his name on and helps with.

So far as I can find, the only spinoff that he hasn't authored himself is The World of Ice and Fire. All the rest are his own work. And they're not a recent thing. The first such spinoff, The Hedge Knight, was released in 1998, before even ACOK was released.

dhcracker wrote:But look at the gaps since he has been a #1 seller and making money.... sad fact man think about it would you want to write a 1400 page book if you were already rich? I wouldn't, I would probably hire someone to do it for me.

Writing is GRRM's job, but it's also his passion. He didn't start ASoIaF as a calculated attempt to make money. Yes, he wanted it to make money, but his passion was the reason it ended up good enough to actually do so. Now, that doesn't mean that passion can't burn out, but I see little evidence to indicate that it has. Is he frustrated with the difficulties he's encountering? Sure. But so far as I can tell, he's still completely sincere in strongly wanting to finish ASoIaF, and to do so himself.
Tiranasta
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 14:05

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by mp84 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 16:30

Tiranasta wrote:So far as I can find, the only spinoff that he hasn't authored himself is The World of Ice and Fire. All the rest are his own work. And they're not a recent thing. The first such spinoff, The Hedge Knight, was released in 1998, before even ACOK was released.


I think he also means the potential HBO spin off show that are currently in the works... From what's I've read in the past, Martin is supposedly involved in 2 out of the 4 potential scripts that HBO wants to use for their eventual GoT spin off show in a few years.

So little things like that is perhaps what people feel distract him more from actually working on the books which in turn I can see the tad frustration with with fans of this mod who kind of want more content past Feast for Crows within the Mod, but are kind of stuck with what we got for now..
mp84
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 20:15

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by Tiranasta » Tue Sep 12, 2017 16:49

mp84 wrote:I think he also means the potential HBO spin off show that are currently in the works... From what's I've read in the past, Martin is supposedly involved in 2 out of the 4 potential scripts that HBO wants to use for their eventual GoT spin off show in a few years.

So little things like that is perhaps what people feel distract him more from actually working on the books which in turn I can see the tad frustration with with fans of this mod who kind of want more content past Feast for Crows within the Mod, but are kind of stuck with what we got for now..

Oh, I completely overlooked the HBO spinoffs, and you're probably right that they're what he was referring to. My response to that is that I can't blame GRRM for wanting some input into how his works are adapted.
Tiranasta
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 14:05

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by Toccs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 00:51

Tiranasta wrote:My response to that is that I can't blame GRRM for wanting some input into how his works are adapted.


But we can certainly blame him for selling the rights to his "magnum opus" for adaptation and then not actually finishing it. That doesn't reflect on his talents as a writer, but it does reflect on his professional integrity, especially considering he spent the last 6 years telling everyone that he was going to get the books done before the show caught up.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
User avatar
Toccs
Moderator
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:38

Re: Mod advancment?

PostPosted by dhcracker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 06:01

AGOT
1998 ACOK and Hedge Knight
2000 ASOS AFter this book he's made it man, he's over 20k a month income
2003 the sworn sword
2005 AFFC #1 best seller he's rich
2011 ADWD He's about to sign with HBO, now he's a star worth like 20 million or more
2017 we're screwed
User avatar
dhcracker
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 14:22

Next

Return to Sub-Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest