AGOT modding on mac

For specific technical issues and questions.

AGOT modding on mac

PostPosted by arcanum » Mon Sep 04, 2017 22:24

Hey there,

Okay... I'm not sure if I will be stating the obvious here or if this could be somewhat useful at all but as I have recently been experimenting with modding my game (on mac) i have noticed something weird - that is that with certain files (not all) it seems that macs don't like the text in certain word processors, for example, if I use 'text edit' to write a .mod path for a custom mod then the game cannot read it, however if I use an app called 'sublime text' then it works fine.
I have looked online about this and found a few articles that allude to something similar to this problem and I have edited my settings in 'text edit' to try to correct this but thus far I have never fixed this and thus I personally just use 'sublime text' and it works fine.

Honestly the issue is to such an extent that if I accidentally write a line of code in text edit (it looks exactly the same) and try it then it won't work, but if I then open it in sublime text and rewrite it then it will work - to me it is bizarre but hey, I am no expert! Although, just to add again it is only a few documents that seem sensitive, not all.. although I have never worked out exactly which ones but certainly .mod ones!

I am not a computing person, really.. I just enjoy the game and sometimes like the challenge of trying to work out how to add my own custom content here and there.

I am saying this partly as a suggestion to would be modders on macs and also partly as a suggestion for a possible cause for the somewhat strange behaviour with this game on macs when it works fine on windows etc...? Has anyone else noticed this or have an explanation???
arcanum

Return to Technical Discussion