New User Help

Welcome to the Forum!

New User Help

PostPosted by misodle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 23:21

Hi all.

Quick question. Wondering if you need any additional DLC's to play the GOT mod for CKII?

There are quite a big list of mods and the release download page(s) says only a numerical version number for the game, but not much about DLCs.

Is there a page to find this information. Is it known?

Thanks,
Misodle
misodle

Re: New User Help

PostPosted by rayspence08 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 01:42

Hey guys, I just got a new mac, downloaded CK2 and the mod, dragged the GOT mod over into the mod files and nothing! Anyone have an suggestions on whats going on with my machine? Thank you so much in advance!
rayspence08

PostPosted by misodle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 14:53

Hey Ray,

See this thread
topic11741.html

You basically have to just enabled mods. Question for you though if you would be so kind. If this does work for you, can you let me know if you got the BASE version, DELUXE version, or the one with everything (quite expensive) to play this particular GOT mod. It doesn't explicitly say if the BASE version of the game will work or not (or at least I have not found that). No on has answered the question yet.

I don't want to get the BASE and then find out I need more stuff to play. I have not seen this game before (looks interesting) but the GOT mod looks so neat it made me want to get the game. I see others with the same thoughts reading around the forum.

Thanks,
Misodle
misodle

PostPosted by rayspence08 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 23:54

Thanks Misode but the option doesn't show up in the mods tab. Project Augustus and the Mercenaries mod is there but nothing else. I have some of the DLC purchased for the game but not all.
rayspence08

PostPosted by Vaeldaerys » Thu Sep 14, 2017 01:02

So I don't know if you still need this misodle, but if you do (or anyone else is reading this) I'm pretty sure you don't need any DLC to play AGOT, but certain features may be missing or restricted without. For example most of the free cities are merchant republics and require The Republic to play. Other stuff like polygamy needs Sword of Islam (I think) or Reapers Due if you want stuff like the Great Spring Sickness or greyscale outbreaks.
Vaeldaerys

PostPosted by tyrionul » Sat Sep 16, 2017 15:45

Very good topic! Thanks for info.
tyrionul

Return to New Users