High Valyrian culture in the North

For any general subject related to the mod

High Valyrian culture in the North

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 06:51

Hello !

I had a question about culture in the north.
I changed a house (House Overton), modified the province to be high Valyrian, change the Overton dynasty so that they were high Valyrians as well.
But the Patriarch changes culture every time after a few months ... is there any way to remedy it?
(They are high Valyrians and venerate the ancient gods)

thanx !
BlackfyreRulz

Re: High Valyrian culture in the North

PostPosted by goingham247 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 18:11

It sounds like you turned High Valyrian Culling off. It needs to be on or characters never retain it.
goingham247

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 18:45

goingham247 wrote:It sounds like you turned High Valyrian Culling off. It needs to be on or characters never retain it.

Do you talk about the rules at the start of the game?
High Valyrian culture is well activated
BlackfyreRulz

PostPosted by tirion1987 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 19:23

BlackfyreRulz wrote:
goingham247 wrote:It sounds like you turned High Valyrian Culling off. It needs to be on or characters never retain it.

It's what High Valyrian Culling does. Kills off High Valyrian nobodies (lowborns) and changes them to continent-appropriate Valyrians or local culture if they are landed.
tirion1987

PostPosted by BlackfyreRulz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 06:59

BlackfyreRulz wrote:

You mean my courtiers?
Master in arms etc ..?

they are all high Valyrians, so I have to kill them? or change the culture in northman?
Spoiler: show
BlackfyreRulz

PostPosted by JoPalma » Fri Sep 08, 2017 06:12

yeah i think if you dont they start dying young... the only houses that are allowed to be High Valeryan are the Targaryens and the Veloryons, im a Velaryon and im in Dragonstone and many times the game says someone arrived to my court, when i click on they they are 30s, High Valeryan and dead
JoPalma

PostPosted by DorlasAnther » Sun Sep 10, 2017 20:30

Just to add, you can use Ruler Designer to create High Valyrian character and even add Targaryen events to his house (coin flip and maybe even incestous marriages, not sure about the second one) and the whole dynasty will automatically become legitimate High Valyrians.
I wouldn´t even call HV culture a culture, because it is used only to differentiate Velaryons, Targaryens/Blackfyres (a.l.a. actual Valyrian noble houses that had dragonriders) from other Valyrians and allows them to tame dragons much easier. Funny thing is: If you aren´t after dragons, there really is no difference between HV characters and others.
DorlasAnther

PostPosted by Exakter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 22:25

The issue going on here is separate from culling I believe.

Culling only works in that new characters are culled, if he has it on or off, and has a landed HV lord, the reason the culture keeps changing is because the character is manually changing culture based on the province.

I've not looked in the files but the specific HV dynasties might have some hidden modifiers against changing cultures (i.e. Targs RARELY change cultures).
Exakter

Return to General Discussion