Less Revocations/Plots

Post your ideas on how the mod can be improved or features you would like to see.

Less Revocations/Plots

PostPosted by TeeGoogly » Sun Sep 10, 2017 20:01

Every game I play, whenever the Seven Kingdoms have a period of 'peace', it is always broken by "War against the Tyranny of King X", every 2 years or so. I think this is because of the absolutely ridiculous amount of random plotting that happens in the game.

If you've played as the Iron Throne, you know that there can be hundreds of plots active at any time, even with auto-stopping turned on. This gives an AI king free reign to revoke practically any Lord Paramount-ship he wants.

The amount of plots should be toned down extremely. NPCs should only plot against someone if they have good reason. I can't count the number of times I've seen a northman lord plot to kidnap an unlanded stormlander baby. Characters should only be able to plot if their target is within a certain distance of them, they share a liege. And even then only if they really hate each other, or have a VERY good reason to plot.

The fact is that the first thing the King does every game is try to revoke the Iron Islands, which starts a war, which ends with the Greyjoys getting away scott-free, and the Lannisters (who supported the Greyjoys for some odd reason) having their title revoked and granted to the Leffords, or something. This is ridiculous and very non-lorefirendly (in my opinion).

I'd like it if there was a change/game rule that tones plotting/revocations way down to more realistic levels, in the case of revocations, maybe only for rebellions, as that seems the most lore-friendly

Thank you for all your hard work on this amazing mod!
Last edited by TeeGoogly on Mon Sep 11, 2017 01:16, edited 2 times in total.
TeeGoogly

Re: Less Revocations/Plots

PostPosted by lukyn223 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 21:13

Same with factions.
lukyn223

PostPosted by StoneWallace17 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 04:45

Fewer.
StoneWallace17

PostPosted by joost_10 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 07:17

Agreed. there's to much war anyway. The world is constantly in war. so not canon.
joost_10

PostPosted by sidious307 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 23:53

yes his plot should be hidden.

Westeros is a very decentralised realm where the king dont have lot of authoritya and weak power.

by exemple, he iron throne only control 15000 men. (crowlands)
sidious307

PostPosted by Widowmaker94 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 05:00

Personally, I've disliked that vassals tend to cause wars with other vassals who have more than one high lordship. It's been irritating me for several games. Since I've given nice titles and demesnes to nephews and nieces. And then other vassals fuck them over with 'force to give up titles' plots.
Widowmaker94

PostPosted by Sourjapes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 03:13

I think maybe that revocation should be more restricted in the mod. Perhaps only an option with Lords who actually been branded traitors by their liege or have the "traitor" opinion modifier.

Execution should be commonly available, but revocation is really a much more serious punishment in many cases so it should be rarer. In the books, though I might be mistaken, the only lords I'm aware of who actually lose their lands are those who side against their sworn liege in war.
Sourjapes

Return to Suggestions