How hard is it to add new plots?

For specific technical issues and questions.

How hard is it to add new plots?

PostPosted by Specialist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 22:00

I switched from playing AGOT to playing HIP, then to CK2Plus, and I'm looking to circle back around. Through all of this, I have realized that something seems to be missing from every mod: Real political intrigue.

I don't mean plotting to kill your sons, nephews, and the random bastard you sired in the Eyrie, or plotting to kidnap the Prince because you live dangerously. I mean plotting to screw up the lives of your vassals from the outside (causing unrest, making their vassals and spouse hate them, etc), plotting to get lords of an appropriate religion excommunicated, destabilizing foreign realms, ruining economies, stealing money from foreign lords or breaking the economy of a foreign kingdom, sending some thugs to rough someone up and making it look like a band of brigands. Heck, even something as simple as fabricating evidence of treason for the Lord of the Dreadfort when you are sitting pretty down in the Arbor because Roose Bolton insulted your ninth cousin would be nice!

Does anyone have experience adding plots and the related event chains who is willing to share the general method? Looking at the Wiki, nothing is really clarified at all. I'm going to start digging through CK2plus and HIP to see if the files offer a better explanation. If I can figure out how to add one, I can figure out how to add almost everything I've got planned.
My Mods:
The Legions of Ghiscar
Mixed Valyrian Ethnicities

Toccs wrote:The AI is stupid
User avatar
Specialist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 16:14

Re: How hard is it to add new plots?

PostPosted by Toccs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 05:29

Specialist wrote: I'm going to start digging through CK2plus and HIP to see if the files offer a better explanation. If I can figure out how to add one, I can figure out how to add almost everything I've got planned.


plot_events.txt and plot_decisions.txt are where all the relevant events and decisions are. I've only ever added one simple plot but I did it by just copying the way the other ones worked in those files.
Smart and dumb are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Stark is born the gods flip a coin . . . and it always seems to land on dumb.
User avatar
Toccs
Moderator
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:38

Re: How hard is it to add new plots?

PostPosted by Specialist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 05:57

Toccs wrote:plot_events.txt and plot_decisions.txt are where all the relevant events and decisions are. I've only ever added one simple plot but I did it by just copying the way the other ones worked in those files.


Apparently it's fairly easy, then.

I normally would have thought of just checking the blasted files first, but cram studying for a database course to take the final early (12 weeks early, to be exact) has turned my brain into a massive puddle. :oops:
My Mods:
The Legions of Ghiscar
Mixed Valyrian Ethnicities

Toccs wrote:The AI is stupid
User avatar
Specialist
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 16:14


Return to Technical Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest