About Employing Courtiers Decision

For any general subject related to the mod

About Employing Courtiers Decision

PostPosted by hyperionandaren » Thu Sep 14, 2017 08:25

Is it possible to change the recruit courtiers decision to be based on local/your capital's culture rather than your personal culture? (To ensure if you start with a dead/rare culture it stays that way I.E. high valyrian) It would make more sense. If you're an exiled princess, the last of a dynasty that practices a dead culture's customs. You shouldn't be able to suddenly recruit dozens of high valyrian cultured courtiers seemingly out of nowhere. :D
hyperionandaren

Re: About Employing Courtiers Decision

PostPosted by Wolf Steel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 08:27

Turn on Valyrian Culling, it'll convert/kill off any landless high valyrian courtiers.
Wolf Steel

PostPosted by kaxa80 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 08:57

Wolf Steel wrote:Turn on Valyrian Culling, it'll convert/kill off any landless high valyrian courtiers.

It only changes their culture to WV or EV which should both be fairly rare too.
kaxa80

PostPosted by reythekid » Fri Sep 15, 2017 23:22

hey, there's always the "move" console command. lol. I took a look at the decision, it's a long string of text, seems possible to edit it to set to the culture you want.
But what you're looking for is in, "Court Events"
Line 2513.

Spoiler: show
#Hire a character
character_event = {
id = 73555
desc = "EVTDESC73555"
picture = GFX_evt_spymaster

is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
if = {
limit = {
culture = high_valyrian
has_game_rule = { name = high_valyrian_cull value = on }
capital_scope = { region = world_westeros }
NOT = { has_landed_title = e_new_valyria }
}
set_character_flag = western_valyrian

starts like that, goes on for a bit.
reythekid

PostPosted by hyperionandaren » Sat Sep 16, 2017 02:16

Wolf Steel wrote:Turn on Valyrian Culling, it'll convert/kill off any landless high valyrian courtiers.

Thanks, I didn't know culling converted people from the high valyrian culture. I'll be sure to turn it on now that I know what it does. :D

reythekid wrote:hey, there's always the "move" console command. lol. I took a look at the decision, it's a long string of text, seems possible to edit it to set to the culture you want.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Though I only used Daenerys' unique situation as an example. (Never wanted to roleplay being a princess ever! I SWEAR! :D ) My original question was is it possible to edit the decision to use your capital's base culture to determine the culture of new courtiers. For instance If I played as a kingslander in Nefer. When I recruit courtiers they all are kingslanders not people from Nefer.
hyperionandaren

Return to General Discussion